Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

If there's an "alien spacecraft" apparently sitting in a warehouse for decades, and some individuals say it's there but they can never provide evidence for it, and other people refute that, including whistle-blowers who have no reason to do so - it's not there.

This isn't something recent. It's three quarters of a century of people claiming the US govt is hiding something and those people being unable to produce, each time, a single piece of credible evidence to support that.

Is there credible evidence the US govt is hiding "alien spaceships"? None

Is there credible evidence that certain people believe the US govt is hiding "alien spaceships"? Plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I asked what you would consider credible evidence of information being concealed.

Please give an example.

Basic consensus. And also proper specifics.

If the e.g. Irish government captured an "alien spaceship", and secretly managed to bundle it into a warehouse somewhere, and "keep it secret", countless numbers of people would know. The people who found it, those who moved it, those who have looked at it, those who have studied it, those who have had to guard it - over decades.

A whole bunch of people would easily be able to come forward saying the same thing, with the same specifics

"But they'd be killed off". They wouldn't. It's not the movies or sci-fi or Stalinist North Korea.

We never get anything approaching that consensus or specifics. We only ever get one or two individuals at a time trickling out with wishy-washy hearsay, vague second-hand stories and no evidence. All from the same feedback loop.

Are you saying that you would believe David Grusch (that better evidence is concealed) if there were a lot more people "saying the same thing, with the same specifics". ?

I believe Grusch is a victim of believing "stories" and is of questionable mental health. He doesn't come across as credible in the slightest (that this stuff exists and/or that proper evidence is being concealed)

If however, multiple credible people came forward with a specific claim, e.g. an arm of the government is concealing an "alien spaceship" in a warehouse at e.g. X address in Austin Texas, with specific corroborated details, then we are getting somewhere.

• Advertisement

If however, multiple credible people came forward with a specific claim, e.g. an arm of the government is concealing an "alien spaceship" in a warehouse at e.g. X address in Austin Texas, with specific corroborated details, then we are getting somewhere.

Understood, multiple Gruschs of a more credible nature all singing off the same hymn sheet, then theres something to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I think the problem with modern UFOology is the hymn sheet, same stories getting passed along with no evidence. One of the stories Grusch passed along was "Mussolini's UFO", if this is the caliber of the stuff he is being fed, you have to admit that the sources don't seem very credible.

Indeed and a question for you, do you believe Dave Grusch is evidence of a conspiracy to coverup of "aliens" by the US?

If so, why?

In my opinion David Grusch is at the end of a long line of whistleblowers, experts, military, witnesses and experiencers who have spoken out about what they saw/experienced, when they knew that if they mentioned it would ruin their careers or worse. Most had/have nothing to gain and a reputation to lose. Time will tell if they are all fools/victims or vindicated.

Let's recap, he believes:

• There is an alien spaceship that's regular sized on the outside, but the size of a football pitch inside
    • Multiple alien species have visited earth
    • Several alien craft have crashed and been recovered
    • Some alien craft have landed, their occupants have left, the craft have been recovered and the aliens have been captured
    • Some of these craft had alien bodies inside
    • Aliens have murdered humans

There's more, I can keep going..

Naturally if you are suggesting he is whistle-blowing then it follows that you think he is exposing something that you believe to be true

Likewise you use the "volume" argument, according to you there's been a "long line" of whistleblowers, experts, etc, ergo you are insinuating truth to it, which again suggests you believe it

To sum up, do you believe this stuff from Grusch? Yes or no will do

(Sorry but if I see any sort of cop-out e.g. "I don't believe we're alone in the universe", or cherry-picking I'll call it out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'm also curious of the stance on Gruashs support about the Italian UFO recovered with the help of the Vatican.

People arguing that he's a credible source don't seem to want to acknowledge this claim. I suspect it's because they understand that story is a bit silly and undermines his credibility.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All of the people who could actually prove anything have of course been killed, and their families killed, and the people who killed them killed, and their families and the people who ordered them killed, and the people who ordered the people who ordered them to be killed were killed... And that's why there is only dodgy evidence of nothing much left and nobody credible to prove anything.

But for some reason the Grush guy is let go and allowed to speak publicly.

We also have to remember that one of the witness during the hearing who actually gave testimony under oath was a fellow who reported a very well known UFO encounter. He was asked directly if he experienced any push back or harassment as a result. He directly stated that he didn't.

It's very strange that the people behind the cover up would just miss this guy by accident.

And it can't be that he's lying or mistaken under oath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭maninasia

Those slow moving triangle thingies been flying around since the 80s, the US are good at keeping some of their programs secret . There's 1000s of witness reports over time. Probably some kind of electronic surveillance .

https://www.space.com/302-silent-running-black-triangle-sightings-rise.html

I think Grusch believes whats he says.

I believe he is correct that information on UAP is being concealed.

I also think that Grusch's substantive claims ( most your big long list - some of which he did not answer directly under oath - referred to a SKIF) could be true. Time will tell.

Everything Grusch said was cleared by the US agency that vets classified information, so none of anything he alluded to was even classified. He wasn't "whistle-blowing" at all.

And notice the complete lack of an answer about whether he believes the stuff Gruash says.

I think it's clear that Gruash is only credible in that he's the one who talked in the hearing. But to maintain this illusion proponents have to ignore and avoid the stuff he actually claims, because it shows that he isn't very credible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Yeah anything he talked about he was cleared to say. However there's lots more he can't speak about in public, that can be told in a scif. I mean this week alone a major stumbling block trying to get UAP legislation through Congress. Mike turner (biggest recipient of donations from military complex) he laughs it off saying there's nothing there. But yet he is fighting to get it thrown out! Which is it? It's nothing or it's something worth fighting against? We are not stupid, I'd say most people can deduce what's going on. But there will always be people who say it's nothing because that's the side they've chosen. Something is going on.

But if there's a cover up, then it doesn't make any sense for them to have cleared anything. Unless of course everything he said wasn't actually true and not actually sensitive or classified in the first place.

Also it's a bit strange to accuse a person of being involved in a conspiracy purely because of a claimed financial motive. But then on the other hand completely ignore the potential motives of the UFO crowd who make a very comfortable living for themselves.

What's not strange is to point out that there's not much behind the UFO thing, and also to oppose it. If there's nothing behind it then it's all a massive waste of time and taxpayer money. I think it's pretty clear, given how poor Gruash's credibility and fact checking ability is, that it is a bit of a farce.

UAP/UFO programs are just that, they look at stuff that isn't immediately identifiable, which can involve foreign military drones of all types, spy planes/equipment (e.g. those Chinese spy balloons), foreign military aircraft of all types. Caught up in all that are pieces of footage which are difficult to distinguish, e.g. FLIR anomalies, camera gimble issues, lens issues, weather balloons, weather phenomena, civilian drones and aircraft of all types, domestic military planes/drones/missiles being misidentified, etc, etc, etc.

Out of all of that there is no verified piece of evidence of "aliens".

The administration of setting up these programs or decommissioning them is just that: administration.

The problem is a human one. When we can't identify something, we try to attribute it to something. For example we have centuries of "ghost" sightings, which in itself have spawned fiction, media, movies/TV, which feeds into perceptions, which has then spawned paranormal "experts", investigators, documentaries, books, accounts, charlatans, grifters, etc all of which creates a feedback loop.

The exact same thing has happened with "aliens".

Someone sees something in the sky (e.g. a weather balloon moving on a night vision gimbled camera on their aircraft) which is unidentified to them, that can very quickly morph into "Experienced Navy pilot sees UFO over California, verifies that in all his experience he's never seen anything like it"

All Grusch or anyone like him has done so far is repeat stories like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Good Post ,emo72

There truly is no justification for members of the U.S. Congress to oppose the Schumer amendment regarding UFOs. It is true that a series of intriguing events involving individuals in the government, who simultaneously claim one person (Grusch) has lied and lacks knowledge while also actively lobbying to change a bill that would give the United States government control over any non-human technology that the private sector may have,

There is actually a cover-up taking place, and it is evident that these individuals do not care about the truth. What matters more to them is money and power. The truth has become secondary, if not completely disregarded.

The gatekeepers holding this technology are not going to give it up easily. Once the floodgates are opened, a whole lot of other bad things may come out, including murder. Who knows what else bad could be revealed? Additionally, releasing the names of individuals who have kept this technology a secret over the years will be a massive event in itself. Never mind the revelation that the aliens are here.

I hope we at least get some worldwide type of disclosure event of something; it least then "nobody can keep a secret this massive hidden, can be put to rest. Keeping this secret under wraps would have been harder than keeping the 9/11 or JFK truths hidden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Please explain how these aliens have been kept secret for the last X decades, and through many generations of people employed by the government in order to keep it all secret, and many generations of people in power to make the descions to get them to keep it all secret...

Once the floodgates are opened, a whole lot of other bad things may come out, including murder.

Yet you are suggesting that people haven't already been murdered in order to keep this all secret

For something to remain so hidden for so long that there isn't any reliable source of information from any retired government employees, of which there would be thousands at absolute minimum after this long, is far more unbelievable than the idea of there being alien life out there (there is almost certainly alien life out there, the thing you are claiming is that it is here as well but is just very shy and only speaks to the US government).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Given the lucrative job of working on nonhuman technology, a comfortable lifestyle probably well paid, this status, and the opportunity to put their children through college, a whistleblower might have had significant incentives to stay silent about their involvement in UFO crash retrieval programs prior to 2017.

While the majority of the media pre 2017 may have previously dismissed such claims as mere conspiracy theories, recent shifts in societal perceptions and a growing acceptance of UFO theories have created a more receptive audience.

One notable example of this shift is the increasing number of individuals who have come forward to discuss their involvement in secret UFO programs 40 in total so far. according to Grusch and others. Previously, such individuals may have been hesitant to disclose their involvement due to fear of repercussions ( military jail isn't nice) or disbelief. However, with the change in thinking, these individuals are now feeling more confident in sharing their experiences and knowledge. At least with the DOD IG.

The media is no longer dismissing or laughing at the notion of little green men, as it once was. Instead, there is a growing interest and willingness to explore the possibilities surrounding extraterrestrial life. Furthermore, even members of Congress are beginning to take the topic of extraterrestrial intelligence more seriously. In the past, it may have been seen as a topic that belonged in the realm of science fiction or conspiracy theories.

Prior to 2017, congressional members were not aware of the existence of secret UFO programs at the Pentagon. While it is hard to speculate on the specific figures of people working and seeing this UFO technology in person, i guess that number will come out eventually. It involves careful consideration though of the potential impact on national security, legal considerations, and the need to protect sensitive personal information. Therefore, it is often a slow and deliberate process, making it difficult to provide precise estimates or timelines when more can be shared. You dont believe it, but more will come out, too many people are involved now to close the door.

So what of the people who had put their kids through college decades ago, long since started drawing their pension and watching their grandkids go through college, realised that the "status" of working on alien technology wasn't that worthwhile if nobody ever knew about it, wondered where their Nobel prizes for discovering this new technology had got to... Why have none of those people written books to pass the time in their retirement?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What's the starting salary in a gig working on "non human technology"?

It's it worth me changing career I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I thought he worked for Robert Bigelow at some over priced real estate. On the plus side, he got to see a Dino-Beaver.

I don't know, but I am very sure if the large organisation I work for decided to setup a "UFO" program, I guarantee believers would be attracted to the position.

Seeing the utter mental/grifter cases who've managed to swing jobs with the DoD (Taylor, Luis, etc), I suspect they didn't exactly have the best vetting program..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dr Kelleher NEVER claimed to work on non human technology.

again, you are conflating "UFO" with "Alien"

from the man himselfs mouth:

Colm says they had no interest in finding extraterrestrial life.

"We were focused on actually documenting - from a photographic perspective, video perspective - we had no interest in interpreting what they were.

"We were trying to document how they were performing.

"So we never went to the little green men... we were focused only on gathering the data and following where the data went".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Well now you've gone and really burst my bubble.

I dont think I'll ever get over this.

Advertisement