Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Good . I couldn’t watch it but was he RB

CB . He’s a good RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Still level in the other game, we'd win the group if it stays like that. Going off the stats alone, it looks like Union might be the better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TAA has given the ball away with nearly every touch since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bang, lovely finish from Gakpo.

All very well played too, Kelleher very calm playing the ball around at the back and then a nice flowing move from Quansah, to Endo, to Trent, to Gakpo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He's been that good, I think he's played RB, RCB and LCB tonight ;)

Gakgoal:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Comfortable passing around at the back too. Seemed very chill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A very comfortable win.

Topped the group with a game to spare.

Nice for Kelleher to get his clean sheet.

31 goals scored v 4 conceded at Anfield, cracking home form.

A club equalling 30 consecutive games that we have scored.

A new club record hopefully at the weekend.

Finished 0-0 in the other match, so we win the group

• Advertisement

Perfect night - no stress, goals for all the starting forwards, good performances from fringe players, a bit of rest for key guys in the last half hour aaaaaand, mostly importantly, Toulouse drop points so we top the group!

Topping the group early makes a huge difference with that horrible run of games packed close together - now a few lads can skip the trip to Belgium a few days before the United match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Augme

If only every weekend could be like that. Plenty of confidence going into the Fulham game. Needs to be 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

But did we show interest in Colwill or was it just paper talk? Also if we did then maybe it was because they might not of thought that Quansah would be as good as he showed so far this season

Yeah, I think we were in for Colwill alright, particularly when Chelsea were trying to shift him before they had that glut of defensive injuries and had to give him a big contract to keep him instead. I've been bangin' on about Quansah for a few years at this stage, but until he actually started playing and performed, you'd never have known how it would go. Lots of young players just don't step up, no matter how good they look underage. Quansah was in that same Youth Cup team as Musialowski, who was the main man and looked the next big star, the "Polish Messi". But Quansah has gone on to thrive, while Musialowski is just tipping away in the reserves and nowhere near the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

December Games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

That's a tough 6 days in December with Utd, West Ham and Arsenal. Regardless of form you can't predict Utd. West Ham are very decent and Arsenal will be very tough.

Yeah, I think we'll know if we're really title contenders on the other side of this packed block of fixtures.

The only good thing is that they are all at home

yeah, someone posted earlier that Endo was one of our worst buys in recent times, and I just don't get that at all... cheap, experienced, and an ideal squad depth fill in until we find the long term solution at 6. Sure, he could be physically bigger and faster, but if he was he'd be a 50+ million world class player. As he is, he offers more than enough to be a really valuable squad player. Having someone like him is exactly why lads like Mac and Szob didn't have to play a minute tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He cost like 15m, as far as I'm concerned he's doing exactly what I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Convenient timing now we have the Europa group wrapped up - we have a dead-rubber in Belgium while United they have a win-or-die game against Bayern. Plus all three games are at home.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

While I agree he's looking like value for money, I'm still disappointed by the way it's working out. Coming on the back of the Caicedo saga, and given the glaring hole we had at 6, I hoped we were signing a starter and that we'd somehow landed an absolute bargain

But we haven't. Not his fault, of course, I don't doubt he's giving everything he has. But, momentarily, I thought/hoped he'd be much more than he is for us, and I'm sure many others did too

In that context his signing is a bit of a disappointment

No I expected him to be a squad player who would act as the Milner replacement who can fill in and add a bit of experience.

I don't think we would have gotten Gravenbach either if we'd got an 70m+ DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yeah, agree with this. Never saw Endo as a caicedo alternative. 15 million player that never really lit up the bundesliga but has a great attitude as a captain were the reports as we signed. He was always there to take the over flow off the plates of the lads who would be starting the main games. Do a job so theses lads don't get injuries from playing too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yep, having a player like Endo has really helped with squad management during the EL campaign. It’s great that we can play these games and then have a pretty fresh midfield playing at the weekend.

Not the long term solution but he definitely has value for us.

And I know Chelsea are generally a mess right now but the more I see of them the more I’m glad we didn’t spend all that money on Caicedo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I don't think many fans, that I know of anyway seen Endo as the Caicedo replacement. I always though of him as the Hendo/Milner replacement, bit of experience and a perfect for nights like last night or coming on with 10/15 to go. Klopp had mentioned a few times during the summer that replacing the lost experience within the squad from the older statesmen was important and I seen Endo as that signing...I actually think that once we got Grav in, Klopp felt his midfield rebuild was done as he thinks of Bajectic as his long term No.6, so between him and then rotating MaC, Thiago and Endo in there when required, he felt he had enough to cover him. Unfortunately poor Bajectic has barley got to kick a ball this season so it has put a spanner in those works, and Thiago is now a complete write off practically, I wonder will it see him revise that thinking in January or the summer.

Sounds like I'm in the minority 🤣

I hoped Endo would be coming in as a stopgap until, perhaps, Andre signed in January. I really thought he'd be getting more league games, so I am a bit disappointed

None of that's on him, of course. His price and profile perfectly match the job he is doing for us so I've no complaints, I just hoped for more

Similarly, Mac Allister's been doing an admirable job filling the gap at 6, but I'm a little disappointed because I'd hoped we see more from him in a more forward role

These are both minor things though, I was just chiming in! Overall I'm obviously delighted with our midfield this season, it's just the greedy part of me wants more!

Don't see Bajectic as a no 6,his best games for us last season came when he played further forward. If klopp had plans of him being our long term no. 6 then I don't think we would of went in for Caicedo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We are doing fairly alright without the number 6 but I do feel we aren't getting the best out our other midfielders without one. Gravenberch and Mac need to play further forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It might have 'only' been LASK, but last night's performance by Kelleher has made me feel a bit easier about him playing the upcoming games. Solid performance by him, except for one chance in the second half where he was caught out of position but he recovered well to make the save. He will get punished for that by a PL forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think if you compare him to peak Fabiniho he looks poor. Compare him to ageing Milner, and he looks a great buy. We still need a Fabiniho replacement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭cmac2009

West Ham is a cup game, so perhaps a weaker team will be fielded for that with such a busy schedule.

West ham will be in the same boat as us with a congested fixture list so they might field a weaker team as well for this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bowen is still injured / doubtful too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Augme

Endo was bought to do exactly what he's done. Fill in during less meaningful games so better players can have a rest. It's a shame Bajcetic has been injured too, at this stage a loan move for him next year might be the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Do we know when Bajcetic is retuning?? What type of injury did he get? I know he came back for about 1 game this season in the EL but haven't heard anything about his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

If we get a proper 6, I can't see MacAllister starting. When both fit, I think Jones and Szoboszlai are in the starting 11. I think Jones allows us the control a game a bit more and makes it more difficult to counter attack us.

But then again, we haven't really seen what MacAllister can offer us further up the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Crystal Palace away 12.30pm TNT sports Saturday the 9th Dec looks a banana skin as we are away to Sheffield United on the Wednesday night before Dec 6, doesn't leave much preparation time for Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

No exact details I can recall, but I think Jurgen mentioned it was because he's still growing so no time-frame on a return has been given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

If we sign a proper No.6, I can't see anything else but MacAllieter playing along side Szobo as the other No.8. That's exactly the role he was signed to play in.

Post edited by Ottoman_1000 on

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Mac Allister is still well ahead of Jones in the pecking order. Jones is getting plenty of game time this season because Thiago and Bajcetic have been injured all season and Endo was bought as Milner's replacement. Where Jones has succeeded this season is elevating himself above Elliott in the pecking order. Gravenberch shows more promise than Jones for me and it is clear Klopp is easing Gravenberch into the team gradually.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

If we get lucky with injuries, the one position where a big improvement is possible is a #6. I don't care what we spend on a specific player, for me it is more what he can bring to improve us. I would love Endo to be a huge success but given he is not getting a look in for PL matches and instead we use MacAllister says it all.

He did well in the 2nd half last night but if he plays more than 45 mins in any PL game, there is a good chance he could get sent off. The PL is the most athletic of all the european leagues & especially in a Klopp team. Whoever we do get, in Jan or in the summer will likely be given a few months before he is a regular based on the approach Klopp has taken previously.

Even though he was only on for a short time last night, Bradley was impressive & he did really well with Bolton on loan, likely he will get a start in the Europa league in a couple of weeks.

In 2 weeks from the 17th to the 1st we play Utd, Arsenal & Newcastle at home with an increased capacity, a great chance to gain huge momentum before a 3 week break until we play again on Jan 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

• Advertisement

FA Cup 6th/7th, so we will be playing

Midseason break 13th/14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

One thing I don't understand is that tomorrow, TNT sports have Utd v Toon at 8pm, but everytime they have our game it's at 12:30? Could we not have had an 8pm slot against Palace?

Yeah, baffles me too. Premier league should just sell a Saturday 8pm slot instead of 12.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They can't show a team that played Wednesday night in Europe at 12:30pm and can only change the time slot a certain amount of times

According to the rules they made up themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement