Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone age

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

That's not a term I've heard before. What does it mean?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My only complaint would be they didn't play anything off the first album, from looking at their recent sets they've been playing Regular John a fair bit and Avon too. Would have loved either of those.

Also I was sitting at the back of the first tier of seating pretty much dead centre of stage and thought the sound was a bit muddy for the first few songs, fixed itself shortly after that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,731 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's not even a term I just created it as I found a lot of soccer fans seem to loved the band back in the day as well as their songs in Fifa etc

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭colmufc

Gran torismo is what made them popular, still going and just put out a new album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭RamonD3

Still buzzing from that gig, what a band. In the fade blew me away, great crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭fluke

My gig of the year. Also, of the 5 times I've seen them, two at Oxegen, and two in London, this was the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭VM Varga

An absolute thunderb*stard of a gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kinda jealous to have missed this gig and I also skipped them when they were over in Toronto a few months ago (mainly because of ticket prices).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm quite surprised that no-one has mentioned Garfield yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jealous I missed this, especially seeing them on tv at Glasto during the summer when Josh seemed much more engaged with the crowd. Saw them in 2018 touring the Villains album and Josh didn’t seem in such a good place.

also, am I the only one that loved the Villaims album?? I noticed only The Way You Used To Do on the set list from the other night. The likes of feet don’t fail me now and the eagle has landed are absolute belters live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The 2018 show was quite poor tbh, and think it's due to Joshs form really.

Villains isn't getting a big look in all tour. Domesticated Animals is sometimes flung in, and The Evil Has Landed very rarely. Think they'd be only songs that could get a look in, especially on a set that focuses on the hits

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭colmufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I saw them in 2017 and 2018 and last week's show was better than both. Homme was in a weird creepy place. Also Villains is by a distance their worst record IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

He has his own instagram page now, was reunited with his owner after the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Queens have played 14 shows on the island, i've been to 10 of these. Those whove been to a good few what is your fave show? Slane/Ambo/Olympia prolly my faves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The square in Belfast on Like Clockwork tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

My last was in Kings Hall in Belfast. God the acoustics were awful. Such a letdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was abysmal alright, a muddled mess of a gig

Advertisement