Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I grew up in england until around 9 and then moved over to Ireland with my Irish folks but dunno barrys nor lyons ever did it for me. PG tips or Yorkshire, I think barrys is muck personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I usually sit down with a massive mug of tea or coffee, only to have to throw 80% of it out as its gone cold because of not being able to pause multiplayer games.

bonus mini game is finding quiet spots in souls games to accomodate sips.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

I love coming across afk players in COD. Its the only time I get to use a take down 😀

One of most embarrassing moments was sneaking up to take down an afk player only for him to wake up and take me down instead. I'm convinced he was there all along and it was a sneaky trap 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A tall glass of ice cold milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is a 2 hour trial of the miasma chronicles on ps+. It's an isometric RPG with turn based combat. I'd Skipped past it a few times but gave it a blast tonight. Actually quite enjoying it.

Anyone play the full thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Monster Energy while hosting picnics in Pokemon Scarlet trying to hatch a damn shiny Growlithe since 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finished the main game in Spider-Man Miles Morales. Short and sweet and the ray tracing and snowy new york is beautiful.

Now to finish TOTK main game before Christmas.

Wrapped up TLOU 1 on PC. Such a beautiful game, both graphics and story. Now I'm eagerly anticipating the Part 2 PC release (having never played it on PS). Going by the amount of crashes I had, I'm guessing it's a bit of mess that needs more work.

Does anyone else find the steam charts very uninspiring? I'm looking for ideas for my next game and the top 100 is just meh to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Popular games doesn't equate to good games really. You'll have a lot of massive multiplayer games in there. Just play something that sounds interesting.

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right. Downloading Last Train Home. Looks interesting.

CEX currently offering 306 for boxed XBox Series X and 448 for boxed PS5. I don't think there are shortages for either right now, and PS5 has switched to the more expensive "slim" model which does not include a stand, so that might explain the price difference.

But ... certainly MS's console lost the generation. They just don't have the system sellers that Sony has.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your main system sellers are COD, FIFA, Minecraft and Fortnite. If you don't have those then your console won't sell to 80%+ of users. Unless you're Nintendo who have the best and widest selection of first party titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

God of War 2018. What a great game.

Just playing Days Gone.

Some things are nice/smart game design wise so far. If you clear out the zombie infestations blocking the road then you enable fast travel on that route. The bike handles very well. It's nearly a dirt bike simulator + zombies. The voice recordings coming from the controller is nice. Driving though a tunnel is spooky as hell.

Good stealth, combat, control. And 60 FPS is lovely.

Nice game. Very similar to a lot of other games, but the mixture of zombies + motorbikes + open world + beautiful setting + story makes it compelling.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I know what the issue is. Did you take the disc out of the PS5 and check you are playing the right game?

Ah, you got my earlier less edited message. Yep, it's the right disk, still waiting for AC7 for a tenner or less on disk. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus man, you'd be paying about a tenner too much in that case, better off looking for AC 6 as I would label AC 7 as the most unnecessary sequel in the last decade.

I see AC6 360 version available from CEX for 8 quid + postage. And it runs on Series X. But it's 30 FPS. According to my 5 minute search. Which makes AC7 a 60 FPS boost at least. There is a Top Gun Maverick version of AC7. If you get to shoot Tom Cruise out of the sky, then that'd be the version to get. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry i have no idea about AC 6, i just see the 'most unnecessary sequel' tag get thrown around, I like to think it applies to AC 7 😊

• Advertisement

I've heard AC6 was pretty great but the missions are very long with no mid missions checkpoints so can get frustrating at the difficulty spikes. Made a lot of PlayStation fans furious since it as a PlayStation exclusive series getting a Xbox exclusive entry.

8 euro isn't bad. I paid a lot more for it when it got added to BC list as the price went up. I must check if ridge racer V has gone down in price since it went up with it being added to BC.

Picked up Alan Wake 2. Just finished chapter 1. It's a really good looking game. Liking the whole evidence board thing.

I'm glad I did play AW1 last week as it's in the same town, visiting the same diner, police station, set around the same lake and main characters from 1 show up. So while the game itself was a bit frustrating it's definitely worth playing to have all those pieces fresh in your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been tempted by AW1, mainly because I feel a replay of Control coming along and it'd be nice to get the references this time round. But I'm not in a gaming position where shouting at a jump scare is acceptable (I game throughout the night with headphones as someone sleeping in the next room) and I'm not one to not shout, so I don't think I'll be able to play it!

I can't remember too many jump scares. It's more about putting you on edge.

The "something is right behind me as you run for your bed feeling" 😂

But gets pretty action oriented too and less and less scary as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Van Gogh was painting a dog, but someone saw it when only the head was painted so far, and said "Oh, a screaming person" and VG just went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

I found AW2 to be the best horror game I have played this year. Proper on edge at times and gaming in the dark with a headset didn't help.

Just at the endgame of AW2 now and it's absolutely fantastic. What remedy have done has pushed narrative driven games forward a fair whack

Christ I bet Mihoyo is gifting their fanbase to get the game in the nominations:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

In no particular order:

• Resident Evil 4
    • Hi-Fi Rush
    • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
    • Street Fighter 6
    • Octopath Traveler II
    • The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom
    • Hitman Freelancer
    • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
    • Baldur's Gate III
    • Alan Wake II

50. Mr. Sun's Hatbox

49. Lies of P

48. Tchia

47. Blasphemous 2

46. Party Animals

45. The Talos Principle 2

44. Fading Afternoon

43. Suika Game

42. League of Legends Season 13

41. Goodbye Volcano High

40. World of Warcraft Classic

39. Fire Emblem Engage

38. Pizza Tower

37. Subpar Pool

36. Amnesia: The Bunker

35. Lil Gator Game

34. Starfield

33. System Shock

32. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

31. Connections

30. Hi-Fi Rush

29. Monster Hunter Now

28. Diablo 4

27. Hitman World of Assassination: Freelancer mode

26. Venba

25. Viewfinder

24. Humanity

23. Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo

22. Marvel's Midnight Suns

21. Honkai: Star Rail

20. Chants of Sennaar

19. Metroid Prime Remastered

18. Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew

17. Dredge

16. Final Fantasy 16

15. Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

14. Dead Space

13. Octopath Traveler 2

12. Dave the Diver

11. Resident Evil 4 Remake

10. Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon

9. Jusant

8. Marvel's Spider-Man 2

7. Street Fighter 6

6. Cocoon

5. Pikmin 4

4. Super Mario Bros. Wonder

3. Alan Wake 2

2. Baldur's Gate 3

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

• Advertisement

Oof if we consider playing as in you finished it. I've only played 3 of that top 50.

I've dipped my toes into (under 1 hour) into about 5 of the others.

Not sure what I've been up to all year 😂

Advertisement