Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Quite simply, people know where the power is and it's in the King and Prince of Wales. Family, friends, power brokers etc. will invariably sway towards them. That's just the way it is. In fairness to Harry he said he would never reveal any names and even through a six hour slog on Netflix and a book he stayed true to his word because he knew he'd be frozen out if he did. Even he must know the big reveal stemmed from his wife and by doing that the wedge with his family is now pretty much concrete. No invite to the wedding of Archies godfather for starters. The state of their marriage does get speculated on and this certainly can't be helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Boggles will be crying into his almond milk with disappointment

Yep we didn’t see that coming did we?

It’s getting to be a sadder and sadder story about a couple who could have been brilliant, really made a difference and potentially out shone every single member of the RF for decades to come - and they threw it all away, over a sausage and a bigger room

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I suppose the happy couple must be racists guilty of unconscious bias. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya that's a hammer blow for H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Prince George will be probably be a page or something. Poor Archie could have been there too. This particular duke's dad was a Fermanagh man ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Is Harry in touch with any of his old friends or is he estranged from them all now? I'm sure there was another wedding that he wasnt invited to. Family and friends, all gone. Sad really.

But all of these people are to blame I guess. Couldn't possibly be anything to do with Meghan and Harry themselves. Probably Rupert Murdoch got to them lol

And he was at their wedding too! Double burn. They are now beginning to understand what is like to be ghosted...

She would no doubt try steal the limelight like at Eugenie's wedding when she told people about her pregnancy! Who does that?!

• Advertisement

It’s the whole thing of even saying it in the first place though - they essentially tarred every single RF member except for the Queen and ironically Prince Philip, with the label “possible racist” - I’d really like to know who’s decision was it to tell Oprah in the first instance and just how exaggerated their version really is.

The tell of it being a character assasination was that people presumed it was Phillip given his history of making gaffes and so they had to come out and actually clarify it wasn't him or the Queen to keep suspicion on everyone else. Then the suspicion changed to Camilla who was alleged to have made a comment about ginger afros. That seemed a plausible explanation and the issue was forgotten about. It all strikes me as frustration that Kate wasn't generally seen as a suspect. Such suspicion was contained to online gossip.

Kate has had a lot of nicknames but an online one popular among the more cult like supporters of Meghan is KKKate. Now that she is named via a botched hit job then is it presumptuous to think that this particular nickname stemmed from an online account who, let's just say, was always in the know and was depserate to get the information out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Piers Morgan in the Times today

A few quotes

On the Bradby interview - "unconscious bias"

Finally, in January this year, Harry told ITN’s Tom Bradby that Meghan had never said the royals were racist. Instead, he downgraded their alleged crime to “unconscious bias” and attacked the press for falsely saying it was racism, which was as preposterously disingenuous as most of his attacks on the media.

But why did it take him nearly two years to clarify this? Why did he let Prince Philip and the late Queen die without hearing this clarification, having endured the appalling stigma of hearing their family branded racist by their own grandson and his wife? Oh, and why did he imagine the world would simply forget what we all heard with our own ears on Oprah?

On the "translation error"

.....the Dutch translator confirmed the names were on the pages of the manuscript she was told to translate. I’ve written a dozen books and never heard of anything like this. Speaking to myriad other authors this week, including the royal biographer Tom Bower, nor had anyone else I know.

So poor Omid Scobie seems to have become the first author in history whose book was secretly sabotaged en route to a printer in a random foreign country. What must make all this even more frustrating for him is that the two names erroneously published were reportedly the same ones cited by Meghan in her private correspondence with Charles after her Oprah Winfrey whine-a-thon.

On Omid

Endgame spews many largely unsubstantiated claims about the royals that once again paint Meghan and Harry as heroic, oppressed freedom fighters battling a cruel, antiquated and racist institution.

I never thought I’d see a worse defender of the indefensible than Comical Ali, Saddam Hussein’s ludicrous “information minister” during the Iraq War who boasted that American “infidels” were killing themselves “in their hundreds” at the gates of Baghdad, as TV viewers could hear US weaponry destroying Iraqi forces in the background. But Obsequious Omid makes Comical Ali seem like a bastion of veracity.

And still no comment from the Montecito pair....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah I wonder where that originated from? From the conversations while they were dating (or was it the conversation when she was pregnant? 😀) It's the kind of thing a bully would make up, one so utterly desperate to smear someone. A cowardly one at that who can't even make a statement to clarify anything. Now who was investigated for bullying? 🤔 Another head scratcher really. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I thought you said it came from online account?

Either way it is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

One would wonder how many anonymous online accounts Meghan or her "friends" that seem to spend their time leaking information have. 🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement

In the meantime Mr. Markle still hasn’t met his grandkids no less his son-in-law.

Yeah yeah he messed up a bit coming up to the wedding but that was simply because H&M didn’t surround him with care - it was the obvious thing to - he had no experience of UK tabloids and how they operate - it’s really very sad.

However embarrassed Meaghan might have been at the time, it pales into complete insignificance when compared to the absolute cess pit she’s created now.

I can only imagine how the poor man must feel. Whatever mistakes he may have made, nobody deserves to be alienated from their grandchildren in any way, let alone the absolute brutality exhibited here my Meghan - and by association, Harry. Meghan was only recently stressing the importance of families, following her late arrival at the Invictus Games, which was due to doing the school run and treating them to milkshakes

Yeah, right.

And that’s why their lectures to the world are so pathetic - it’s complete “do as I say, not as I do”:

Don’t harm the planet- but we’re allowed fly around the world in a private jet.

Be kind: but we feicing hate our families and are willing to sling mud and spill beans for money- but that’s our right to do that

That nickname came from an anti-royal echo chamber site called Celebitchy where any of the kind of attempts at reasonable discussion we see here results in a ban. I look at it on occasion because the posts are so crazy it borders on entertainment as to how deranged some people can be. My point is since Kate was just this week leaked as the alleged racist but she was being called KKKate for a long time on this site in advance of that (and even before we even heard of the letters allegedly incriminating her) then it wouldn't be surprising if anonymous accounts there were given details to smear her.

We know where, pre-letter exchange, such a smear could originate from. To be blunt, it could be Meghan bent on smearing Kate using covert accounts online to get such smears out there. I have no idea why such a nickname is so funny since there is no proof of Kate being a racist. As mentioned before when a proven liar wants to be believed then whatever they say needs receipts, undeniable proof. That isn't there. What is there is an author scrambling to shift blame to translators and looking like an idiot, there is also his source being deliberately silent because, to my mind, this was always the goal i.e. getting a smear from out of the deranged corner of the internet and get it out into the public domain.

I don't know about you but if someone is being called a racist then some actual proof would be good.

Post edited by valoren on

Laughing at someone being made out as a KKK member when they are so obviously not is just sick and supporting bullying - get help, you need it.

https://archive.ph/2023.12.03-081924/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/12/03/princess-of-wales-duchess-of-sussex-royal-rift/..

This article is by far the best synopsis of Meghan’s behaviour I’ve read. It pulls together many of the “moments” when Megan’s true character, vaulting ambition, selfishness, casual relationship with the truth, whining sense of entitlement and jealousy come front and centre. What a truly unpleasant character she is.

Some quotes; firstly about the Royal Foundation Forum in 2018

Meghan seemed uncomfortable having to so publicly play “second fiddle” to William and Kate as the superior royals in the palace hierarchy. “I think there was always a sense that Meghan felt she was a self-made woman whereas Kate hadn’t really had her own career. 

“She seemed to feel like she had more of a right to speak than her sister-in-law, who had married into the family as an unknown whereas Meghan regarded herself as a philanthropist who could teach the royals a thing or two about charity. I think she found it difficult that the Royal Foundation was already a well oiled machine by the time she got there,” said the source.

Meghan the philanthropist 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Meeting Harry’s friends

The Prince and Princess of Wales may well have been influenced by mutual friends raising concerns following a shooting party at Sandringham when Meghan apparently clashed with 16 invited guests over issues including the imminent election of Donald Trump as US President in January 2017. 

As Tom Bower revealed in his 2022 book Revenge: “Without hesitation, Meghan challenged every guest whose conversation contravened her values. Beyond Harry’s hearing, some friends questioned Meghan’s “wokery”. Meghan was a dampener on the party, they concluded. She lacked any sense of humour. Driving home after Sunday lunch, the texts pinged between the cars: “OMG what about HER?” said one; “Harry must be f***ing nuts.”

Doria

Another bugbear for Meghan was the Windsor Suite, the VIP lounge at Heathrow. Wrongly convinced that Kate’s family had free use of the facility, which usually costs around £5,000 to access, she insisted Doria be able to use it when travelling to the UK, allegedly citing the risk to her safety. In fact, no one can recall the Middletons using the Windsor Suite – although William and Kate do use it whenever they travel through the airport. Doria was spotted there en route to Windsor for Harry and Meghan’s wedding. 

Meghan’s “generosity”

In Spare, Harry insisted that his wife “spread kindness” with baskets of food and flowers, “bought pizza and biscuits” and “hosted tea parties and ice-cream socials”. Yet when an ice cream van was sent to Kensington Palace, it allegedly came with Meghan’s strict instructions that it should only be enjoyed by the Sussexes’ crew. 

On another occasion, Meghan allegedly gifted an employee a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick set, but only after she had removed her preferred shade. 

Well worth a read

Post edited by Karppi on

• Advertisement

https://archive.ph/2023.11.29-104717/https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-mystery-of-the-royal-racist/..

Advertisement