Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA College football season 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

More damning footage of the mystery man

https://x.com/LateKickJosh/status/1719753191292535191?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Hi,

Any idea of the start times (GMT) and viewing stations for:

Notre Dame @ Clemson

LSU @ Alabama

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No legal viewing in UK and Ireland this year

Just type the game into youtube for a stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,448 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Clemson beat ND, 31 - 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Arrow wins for the Longhorns and Ole Miss in the early games, and Clemson finally putting Notre Dame playoff hopes to bed I'd imagine with loss #3

• Advertisement

Oklahoma State dent the Oklahoma Sooner prospects with a close win in the last ever? Bedlam 'derby' game.

First test for Michigan today, and without Harbaugh in the sidelines too. Friendly KO time for us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was away for a short time after Penn State got their touchdown. Did they go for two or miss the pat?

Yes.

Made a few strange plays on offense, struggled to break down the Wolverines, who pulled away in the end.

If you watched Penn State the last couple of weeks you just knew they had no.hope against the Wolverines defense.

I switched over to Alabama during the breaks. They are getting better by the week. I think they are serious contenders for the SEC championship.

I think they'll make the playoffs now.

Washington have a very tough outing against Utah, it's on right now. My breaks game this time is Florida State v Miami. A long running rivalry. Seminoles in the red zone already up by seven.

• Advertisement

Nobody will like playing Alabama of they make the playoffs.

For sure. If Milroe had started the season like he's playing now he'd be the certain Heisman winner.

Every year Florida State do stupid.

10-10 at halftime and they go onside kick to start the second half. No need for it and they give Miami the ball in their half.

Omg, pick for Washington all the way to the end zone but he drops the ball celebrating like he's already there one yard out and it's recovered by Utah. Next play Washington get a safety. A seven point lead now for Washington.

Huskies played into a brutal with Nd in the first half. They'll be playing with it in the fourth quarter which will be next after one play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky seem to have picked up ESPN college football games starting this weekend. I was checking to see if the F1 was set to record and had a look at what was on tomorrow on the other channels. College game day is also there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Very late in the season but at least there’ll be coverage of the bowls and CFP

SEC on CBS doesn’t seem to be part of it (only four games left though before those rights head to ESPN next year)

Todays schedule

5pm Louisville @Miami (FL)

8:30pm Wake Forest @ Notre Dame

12:30am Washington @ Oregon State

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saturday’s picks:

5pm Kentucky @ Louisville

8:30pm BYU @ Oklahoma St

12 midnight Florida St @ Florida

Seeing as it's the Iron Bowl on Saturday I though it might be good to resurrect this seeing as it's 10 years on this weekend.

One of the greatest moments in college football history.

• Advertisement

I've no idea how that Michigan TD stood. It was clear he didn't have control of the ball. It was wobbling and then when he fell it was out. I'm absolutely certain he didn't have control of it when he hit the end zone.

I want the Wolverines to win but I want them to do it the right way.

So at 8:30pm I decided to watch Alabama at Auburn because they are often great games, but Auburn are not even ranked this year.

I gave up after a series each because it looked one sided already, Auburn went 3 and out, Alabama drove and scored with ease.

But now it's 21 - 20 to Auburn starting the 4th.

I'm not turning it off this time.

Unbelievable finish in the Iron Bowl again.

Bama down by 4 with a 4th and goal from well past the 30 yard line due to a botched snap and then a penalty, and 30 seconds to go.

It was a fantastic back and forth game but even I couldn't see that ending.

Washington got close to losing, just scraping by Washington State in the end. They face Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game.

Wolverines face Iowa in the big ten.

Texas and Oklahoma State In the Big 12.

Florida State face Louisville who lost today.

And of course Bama face Georgia..

Sky picks for Championship weekend now out (all SS NFL)

Friday late:

1:00am PAC-12 - Oregon v Washington

Saturday

5:00pm Big 12 - Oklahoma St v Texas

9:00pm The American- SMU v Tulane

1:00am ACC - Louisville v Florida St

Sky can only show ESPN & ABC games so no SEC or Big 10 championships.

Incidentally Alabama v Georgia is the last ever (well, for now anyway) The SEC on CBS, with those rights off to ESPN & ABC next season.

Quinn Ewers is going to smash the Big 12 championship game QB passing and passing TD records the way he is going.

It's halftime and he has 354 passing yards and four passing TDs.

35-14 Longhorns.

Its very one sided

Good game it looked like in the PAC 12 last night, big win for Washington to confirm their place in the Top 4 playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Great game in Oregon Derby. Bo Nix looking good.

• Advertisement

SEC final halfway, Bama going well and 10 up at HT.

Georgia struggling defensively against the run, but early days.

We can’t watch the game, but the Crimson Tide it appears leading at the break to give the CFP committee a headache if they go on to win.

They're going well, defense in top since early, but as I say it's early days, Georgia have been behind lots this season asndare still unbeaten

Unbelievable that. The Tide are back. Some wondering if they'll make the playoffs, there's no doubt in my mind. That win puts them ahead of every other one loss team. It doesn't matter that Texas beat them earlier in the year because Texas haven't faced anybody of the standard of Georgia.

Bama hold out, quite comfortably if a 3 point win can ever be called comfortably.

First defeat in over 2 years for Georgia, and Saban does it again in the SEC game.

What happens now though? Is there a way that the SEC winners don't proceed to the playoffs, after 11 straight wins ? Can Georgia be dropped out for 1 big defeat in 3 seasons? Texas of course beat Bama earlier, something will have to give!

An interesting committee meeting ahead!

Florida State are in with a win but this Cardinals team are really good. It won't be easy for the Seminoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭FantasyFool

So who are yer picks for the Playoffs? Washington and Michigan obviously. Florida State will get in with a massive question mark over their QB situation. I think Texas will get in- I know its over 2 months ago but theres no point playing the games if they count for nothing and they went to Tuscaloosa and won by double digits!

There is a huge amount of weight being put in that won I think, should one game in week 2 knock Alabama out? I don't think so, if anything they might have a stronger claim than most of the other teams to be in. They've beaten Georgia on a must win late season championship game, the ACC is a weaker conference than the SEC, and Florida were unconvincing in that game yesterday. Michigan did their work in The Game last week, but they have had a weak enough schedule overall. If you're looking for the strongest four teams in the playoffs, you could argue both the SEC teams should survive, but it's more complicated than that. They will probably want/need a team from Texas involved, and from Florida too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

How Alabama could be left out is beyond me, after beating the number 1 team, in what was essentially a playoff game.

Depends what the committee want to achieve.

If they want to reward the teams based on their regular season, they'll put in Florida State.

If they want the 4 best teams in the country as it stands, they won't.

It's been set. FSU lose out. Tough for them to swallow but I think 2 better games for the neutrals.

Michigan vs Alabama

Texas vs Washington

• Advertisement

Big calls. Georgia not quite at the levels of the last few years, lost the wrong game really, a loss earlier in the year and they'd be OK.

Maybe Longhorns deserve their place, but i think there is too much weight put on their won over Alabama in week 2 TBH. A few weeks to consolidate there for the teams now, roll on the new year

It's not that there's too much weight being put on their win over Alabama, it's that there isn't enough being taken away for their loss to Oklahoma.

How Texas ended up no.3 is beyond me. I had them behind Georgia and Ohio State.

Personally I think the Buckeyes should have been no.4 with Alabama at 3.

The Buckeyes only loss was by six points to the no.1 in the country, at Michigan.

Just seen that the Rose Bowl is part of the playoffs. That should never happen, it's a very special bowl game and shouldn't be just a semi-final.

I've said it before but if I was involved in college football and asked which I'd prefer to be involved in, a national championship or Rose Bowl I'd pick the latter.

Really, the FSU situation probably would have been the straw that broke the camel’s back if they weren’t changing the format anyway. At least next year the Power Four (or what ever the new post PAC-12 term will be) conference teams have a clear route into the CFP based purely on results on the field. The six best conference champions will be automatically in, which in any given year (all credit to Cincinnati in the weird 2020 season) will almost certainly include the Power Four champions.

It's unreal jhiw badly managed the Pac 12 has been.

The Big Ten has really benefitted from it. Adding USC, Washington, Oregon and UCLA makes it as big as the SEC in my opinion.

You've now got those four along with Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.

That matches up great against the powerhouses Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss and now Texas.

Nobody can call the SEC the strongest anymore.

I don't think the addition of Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah is enough to maintain the power of the Big 12 with Texas gone and Oklahoma leaving next year. They need big performances on the field from other schools to help them maintain their footing.

Florida's problem is that they are in the ACC. They know it too, and that's a big as to why they are moving from it. It's very much a poor relation to some of the other conferences, and with Clemson going badly there was no competition in it.

Florida State would have made the playoffs if Jordan Travis didn't get injured. The selection committee made the right decision in my opinion. They were no hopers without Travis.

Famous Toastery Bowl way more fun than a bowl game with a silly name played at 2:30pm on a Monday afternoon on front of the US equivalent of two men and a dog and featuring two mid table G5 teams had any right to be - Western Kentucky won 38-35 in OT after being down 28-0 at the end of Q1.

Also will be known for an officiating call of sideline interference on the “offensive co-ordinator for the defence”(!) towards the end of regulation (the coach concerned knocked over the unfortunate side judge). New one on me!

East Michigan v South Alabama ending in a big brawl last night, pretty hilarious stuff all told

Only read this now. Beautiful description of the scene. 😁

It was a very entertaining game

• Advertisement
Advertisement