Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon LNG terminal plans rejected by ABP

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

It has two 400kV AC lines to Sweden and the 220kV to Norway, which yes I overlooked. The rest is undersea HVDC. The point I was really trying to make is that just being part of the European synchronous grid doesn't of itself imply a high level of connectivity. Finland has more connectivity to the outside world than we do, but is nowhere near the top of the table for interconnectivity in Europe.

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You overlooked them?

Finland has enough AC interconnection (gigawatts) to make nuclear workable, whereas we have hardly any and only to a grid even smaller than our own. That is the relevant difference between Finland and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

And these connections somehow will be incapable of transmitting electrons made by nuclear power both ways?

Have tou patented your Green electron spin discriminator (or is it nuclear tainted electron Filter?) nonsense yet??

🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

Characteristics of a DC interconnector are very different from a AC interconnector. It cannot be used in the same way. But you would know that if you actually knew anything about the topics you drone on about.

Why can't they be used in the same way? Are you suggesting there is some difference between AC that originated from a DC interconnector versus if it came from an AC interconnector?

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

this is a fantasy of yours. I did not say that. The functions of AC interconnection cannot simply be replicated with a DC interconnector no matter how many times you say and no matter how much you insult people. AC is just not the same as DC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement