Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Analogue Pocket

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Fair play......just had a look there and while no surprise to see the Silver and Indigo ones sold out, all the others are still there.

Are we finally hitting the saturation point ? 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,323 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

First in line for the resell!

Well done on getting one, which colour did you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, I think it is a terrible idea and I have asked to cancel my pre-order...

So, in effect, I am selling it before I even get it, back to the people I bought it off, and will regret it in a few days.

If that isn't Maximum Ciderman Behaviour, I don't know what is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Indeed.

Actually, they ignored my plea and shipped it anyway.

So, in the not too distant future there'll be a sealed indigo Analogue Pocket up on the marketplace, all I will be asking for is the price paid and the duty I'll be shafted with.

Master of the Universe

I'll nab this from ya once it arrives if you don't want it. Have been meaning to buy one for an age and keep flip flopping back and forth!

No worries, I'll drop you a line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Seeing a few indigos in the people’s “look what I got today” posts on Reddit confirms that it’s a truly lovely version.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I couldn't decide which colour to go for and didn't pull the trigger 🙃

• Advertisement

I just paid online the customs on this thing, €90!!

Feck.

Apparently to be delivered today, I'm not even going to open it

Sold before it even got dispatched.....surely a record that'll stand the test of time?

@o1s1n, you're buying a piece of history 😁

Master of the Universe

Jaysus! better start shaking out my piggy banks 😂

It'll be worth it, the rolls Royce of retro handheld gaming really. New beta from Jotego will be Konami's Aliens....one for the Greek Mother if he still frequents these parts

Master of the Universe

Oh definitely, really looking forward to giving it a go now. Jotego's support really sold it to me, I've been enjoying his work so much via MiSTer it's a bit of a no brainer for me to pick up a Pocket too.

Funny how this forum makes you associate certain games with certain people, any time I boot Aliens up I wonder what The Greek Mother is up to these days too. That and Raiden 😁

Some others off the top of my head:

Retr0 - Gunstar Heroes

Ciderman - Raiden II / Golden Axe (!)

Yourself - Snatcher

Jack Burton - Every Megadrive game worth money

Mr Vestek - Shenmue

SteveX2 - Darius Alpha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Gonna get a MiSTer setup with the Pocket sales funds?

Master of the Universe

Would make some combination with that Atomiswave.

Master of the Universe

By the way, you are missing from my list. I don't have a game for you but I always associate you with Sega Naomis for some reason. That and 90s era Irish Grunge. 😂

Maybe 'Virtua Tennis' on the Naomi/Dreamcast, also music wise it has a vaguely rockish soundtrack

I do have a MiSTer DE10-Nano JAMMA Expander from irkenlabs he could borrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Still here but only a lurker when it comes to retro these days. Haven’t a clue what is being discussed half the time, something called Mister seems popular though. Too lazy to fire up any of the retro stuff so EmuDeck on the Steam Deck is as close as I get. 🙂

Also, how did I get that nickname again seeing as I’m neither Greek nor a mother?? 😂

Master of the Universe

Well it's settled, Ciderman is getting a MiSTer whether he likes it or not :D

Actually seems to be a good time to get one as I have been noticing a few people offloading them in advance of the MARs unit coming out.

Good to hear you're still knocking about! Yeah a few of us have really gotten into the whole miSTer thing, it's been a fantastic project to follow. There's a community taking arcade PCBs and recreating them down to their components virtually which the runs via FPGA. You can then run them in an arcade machine.

What I quite like about it is the actual release of each game, so you get a new game every few weeks to focus on. Nearly like part of being in a videogame club.

I think Pyong was responsible for that nickname - the reason I cannot remember!

And there was I thinking I might just hang onto it!

But no, not only is it sold but you've spent the money for me too!

Master of the Universe

Oh no worries if you want to hang onto it! Sure have a think about it, I'm easy either way.

Worst case, and for maximum points in the Cidey-cycle, he could sell it to you and rebuy it back off of you....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If it's okay with you, I think I'll hang onto it.

I considered the Mister, but I'm simply not going to end up using it.

Don't worry

In a month or two you'll have first refusal when I finally decide to sell it

Master of the Universe

😁 no problem! that's a good chunk of change back in my pocket now for another frivolous item I probably don't need...

• Advertisement

I know exactly what you mean...

Or I did, until I decided to keep it!

And now I don't know if I should even open it...

Open it and enjoy it. Or sell it to o1s1n and recoup the costs. If you go with option B, you could stick a preorder if for the next batch of Analogue Pockets? Just an idea....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Open and fall in love with it.

It's a thing of beauty.

Feck you all, and thank you

Or keep it sealed - sure its 'Limited Edition', will only go up in price 🤠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Get it graded.

How are you finding it cidey?

Been able to drag yourself away from donkey Kong 94 yet?

I'm moving it on to a soon to be happy regular, and I bought one of those RGB30 devices instead.

I got it from AliExpress, €90 and it should be here in a week from their Spanish warehouse

Don't judge me, though I can feel your judgement and judgy-ness from here!

Laggy LCD trash. The analogue isnt emulation 🧐

Ah, if you listen carefully you can just about hear... yes... there it is... can you hear...

It's a voice saying... I can't quite make it out...

Something like...

"Retr0 and Analogue can go suck a bag of ducks"

Something like that, it was very faint so I may have transcribed an error or two there

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Quiet you before he decides to keep it again!!😂

This is S-tier Cidey-Cycle, it'll never be topped. @o1s1n, as I said above, you're buying a piece of history 😂

Cidey - the RGB30 thingy will be fine. You'll never, ever use it beyond the first five mins, but the same was going to be said of the Pocket too lets be honest! At least this time, you're only buying a mildly expensive display piece...

Well, I have a succession of doodads that emulate and whatnot, including a Powkiddy q30, the Steam Deck, and lots of others.

In fairness, the Playdate has lasted a long time, and I fiddle with my Casio watch more than I play that!

Truthfully I can hardly poke fun... for me now it seems collecting is the game itself. Actually playing stuff? Some day, soon... 😔

1. Duo is shipping Dec 11th and will arrive before Christmas. Emails will be sent out for any address changes.

2. Analogue Pocket will be restocked on Dec 4th, 8am PST and will be delivered before Christmas. An additional Analogue Pocket restock will go live on Dec 8th, 8am PST and will be shipping in Feb 2024.

3. An Analogue Pocket Dock - Limited Edition - in White will be released on Dec 4th and delivered before Christmas.

4. All in-stock orders placed before Dec 11th will be delivered before Christmas.

5. Analogue Pocket OS v1.2 will be released in early December. OS v1.2 fixes many important bugs, adds new controller support, updates Nanoloop, and adds openFPGA Developer features. OS v2.0 will be released before Christmas featuring Original Display Mode support for openFPGA and a new CRT Trinitron Original Display Mode.

6. Analogue Pocket Adapter Sets are delayed and will be released late February. Please see the full announcement here for full details

Adapters delayed until late February anyway, but sounds like they're aiming for a Xmas release of OS 2.0 which will hopefully add display mode support for OpenFPGA cores plus that CRT display mode. More Pockets to ship and pre-order on the way.

Will be nice to get original GB overlay working on openfpga.

I am going to try and get one on Monday after foolishly passing on one last time out. I keep going back and forth on which colour to go for. I'm thinking silver at this point.

Might be worth keeping tabs on the Analogue twitter or X or whatever to see if they hint at which colours they'll be putting up Monday or on the 8th.

Looks to be back to the classic black and white for the initial Monday release anyway judging from their store page (and then of course, there's the new white Dock that they'll want to ship to existing and new customers), not to mention there's a lot of feedback that people want the primary colours back anyway. Maybe they'll have limited ones for pre-order on the 8th ? Who knows.

Got a shipment preparation mail for the Duo a little earlier, so hopefully that'll get out the door as per their comms in time for Christmas, so happy with that. Adapter delay is annoying but not the end of the world. Getting the firmware in place for the display support for the cores would be excellent though.

Master of the Universe

Spent the day today playing about with this, quite the device! The screen is as lovely as everyone's been saying.

Only down side I can see so far is there being no guard to stop you knocking GB carts when they're in. I was playing Oracle of Seasons earlier and accidentally knocked the cart while putting it into sleep mode, freezing the game.

Not a major issue really though as I'll be using it mainly to play games from the SD.

Worth saying again how nice the screen is, never seen these games look so good.

The usually Analogue wankery can be seen throughout!

Yes, you are right. I managed to order a black one. I am happy with that. 😎

Any suggestions on cases or screen protectors? I didn't add the Analogue ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement