Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to the original planning permission during construction

• 04-12-2023 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I wonder if somebody could advise me, please.

We have recently moved home to West Cork after 25 years in the UK. We have just been granted planning permission to build a 4 bedroomed house in the outskirts the village. It was a very long and often frustrating process, so when we finally were granted permission, we were naturally very relieved. However, we have since decided we want to make some changes to the plans....nothing too drastic, just the size and location of a few windows and adding an external porch. There is no issue of overlooking etc.

My questions are: is there any leniency with regards slight changes during the construction stage? And if not, how do I apply for these changes....is it a completely new planning application or just a minor amendment application? Can this be done retrospectively or should i do it in advance of starting the build?

I am very familiar with the planning process in the UK, however am a bit lost when it comes to Irelands planning process. Please help?

Thanks, Katie

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement