Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Could be worse, last December was only 8.6% of my May 23 output. 93kWh vs 1083kWh.

Also E/W but at a very low angle so the winter is really bad for me with current setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

E/W 8.4kw even split.

205kwh for the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just to rub in in Mick I averaged 12 kWh/day for November on my 6.1 kWp system...😎 360 kWh in total and had 6 days at 20 kWh or more. It was a pretty good month here

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

163kwh here from 4kwp south east, 3kwp north west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

202kwh from my 4.8kwp South facing not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

189kwh here in Meath southish facing. First 12 days of the month with 4.3kwp system but extra panels added on 13th bringing it up to 6.45kwp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

21.7 kwh here today. Nice finish to November!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭S'

330kWh from 11.6kW se/sw array

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

6.5kwp in South Dublin city. I really miss those days of it pumping out 4Kw+ for hours on end. <sniff>

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Susiequattro

398kWh for November from 8.3kWp South facing array. Lovely clear sky today gave me 25kWh and I was home to capitalize !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Wow - 0.7Kwhr forecasted for today (Monday 4th) - winter really is here. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭creedp

Very impressive graph. Do you mind me asking how you generate it? I use the Solcast api toolkit app to forecast the likely generation for the following day but the nowcast varies dramatically at times. Out of interest I would like to compare forecast to actual over an extended period but at present have no means to do so

There's a good few messages over in the "automation" thread, but in a nutshell Met Eireann have an API and you can call it with your latt/long and it will return an XML file. For me in south Dublin that's http://metwdb-openaccess.ichec.ie/metno-wdb2ts/locationforecast?lat=53.27;long=-6.32         

It'll return a bunch of hourly reports such as tomorrow.... at 11am to 12pm (aside: I think that's a bug in the xml below for the end time it should be 12)

<time datatype="forecast" from="2023-12-05T11:00:00Z" to="2023-12-05T11:00:00Z">
    <location altitude="163" latitude="53.2700" longitude="-6.3200">
    <temperature id="TTT" unit="celsius" value="1.6"/>
    <windDirection id="dd" deg="263.7" name="W"/>
    <windSpeed id="ff" mps="2.4" beaufort="2" name="Svak vind"/>
    <windGust id="ff_gust" mps="5.3"/>
    <globalRadiation value="71.4" unit="W/m^2"/>
    <humidity value="92.4" unit="percent"/>
    <pressure id="pr" unit="hPa" value="1015.0"/>
    <cloudiness id="NN" percent="55.1"/>
    <lowClouds id="LOW" percent="55.1"/>
    <mediumClouds id="MEDIUM" percent="0.0"/>
    <highClouds id="HIGH" percent="0.0"/>
    <dewpointTemperature id="TD" unit="celsius" value="0.3"/>
    </location>
    </time>

The interesting bit above is the "globalRadiation" value of 71.4 for 11am->12pm. So I sum all the hourly globalradiation values up for tomorrow, I'll get a total "daily radiation" value of like 508 (or something). So now I know what tomorrows radiation value is.

I also have my historical "actual" kwhr value for my system in a database, so I can compute an average over say the last 10 days, that 1000 "radiation" will generate "x" kwhr and from that I can compute an estimate for today/tomorrow.

It's not perfect. Ultimately if the forecast from Met Eireann is garbage, then I'll get garbage forecast.....but to be fair to them, they do a good job on most days which as you can see equates to pretty decent forecasts.

Today my estimate was for 0.7kWhr and I ended up with 0.5kwhr. That's close enough to be fair.

I've used Solcast, and on clear sky days.....it's pretty good, but on days which are changeable it's all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭creedp

Thanks for the information. Looks interesting. ll have a look and see what the score is. Agree on the solcast api. Interesting to watch it update as day progresses, there can be mad swings between forecast and actual.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Mad - that even looks like a "blue skies" curve and your only <100Km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Yeah. I was in Dublin all day myself yesterday. And we have a 28 panel system on the office roof and it only generated 2kwh.

25kwh Generated yesterday followed up by 18kwh today in galway. Cracking for December but more normal returns expected for next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Don't think I've seen the forecast this low...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,054 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Next few days aren't great for me but picks up again on Saturday

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Well today was the single worst day I've ever had for PV. Based in Cork. 3.3kW inverter, peak of probably about 5.5kW from 12 panels in the summer.

Yield for today = 0.00kWh. It was tragic. Overcast, thick cloud, mist and rain. Never have I seen the likes of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

from 20kwh on Nov.30 to a new low of 0.3kwh today 😂

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Worst day ever for my setup. Granted there was a power outage 9=6pm so my roof panels were offline but still shocking return from ground mount system.

On plus side changeover switch allowed power to whole house all day uninterrupted

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

140 kW for November for me.

6.6 kWp installed with an east / west split.

Not great, but it it what it is 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

0.9kWh yesterday from a 6.8kW array

See ye in six weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

We should just rename the thread to 'see you in Feb'. Or better still, Paddy's Day when we're all flying it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah id say im averaging 2kwh these days.. what id forgotten is even on a really sunny day... my peak kwp is only about 1/3rd of the summer equivalent.. ive seen 1kwh at times.. even 1.9... this week but in the summer that would be 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

turns out the forecast was optimistic with just 0.5kWh generated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had a quote from a seller who claimed a 2.9kwp system (7 panels) could achieve 3,000kwh a year off an average year of 1,000 hours of sunlight. Roof is south facing with a pitch of 40 degrees. He said the panels they install are double sided so give an extra 10% of generation from the underside of them. Is 3,000kw hours a year realistic from such a small 2.9kwp system? Or is the salesman using optimistic figures?

Advertisement