Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Meghan is about “looks”. The Duke of Westminster and Olivia Henson are about substance. Meghan’s a reminder of the sow’s ear and silk purse metaphor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The supposed concern has zero context. Unrefuted? Recollections may vary. "We're very much not a racist family". Gayle King agrees even though she said she had receipts. Prince Harry agrees as well and he was the one there. He had a Netflix series and even a book to explain all of this to us. He didn't. Very telling. They've been climbing down on it ever since that interview was broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,128 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Prince Harry agrees as well and he was the one there.

No he doesn't.

The consequences are still the same for victims of racism whether that be described politely as unconscious bigotry or conscious bigotry.

White mansplaining of racism to victims is always a car crash never worth watching.

The Spectator’s take on Omid Scobie, the “Groom of the Stool”

Some quotes

‘The Groom of the Stool was the most intimate of an English monarch’s courtiers, responsible for assisting in excretion. The physical intimacy of the role naturally led to his becoming a man in whom much confidence was placed by his royal master and with whom many royal secrets were shared as a matter of course. It is a matter of some debate as to whether the duties involved cleaning the king’s anus, but the groom is known to have been responsible for supplying a bowl, water and towels and also for monitoring the king’s diet and bowel movements.

Despite Duchessy disavowals of collaboration, Scobie’s Finding Freedom had the ‘see how I suffer’ stamp of Meghan’s expensively shod hoof all over it. Amongst other things, we learned that this paragon’s ‘willingness to help others and her drive to excel meant she often was deemed “fake” by classmates at school who felt it was impossible for anyone to be that perfect’ and that ‘Meghan immediately impressed Harry with her packing skills.

In a very modern twist on the old ‘Never explain, never complain’ mantra of the Windsors, ‘always complain, always explain why everyone except you is such a horrid bully’ became the Sussex strap line, soon to be elaborated on in Harry’s wretched autobiography Spare

It’s hard to work out who is the most pitiable of the three principal players in this shabby cavalcade. Markle has used the very real evils of racism and misogyny to conceal her true mission – ceaseless promotion of herself to a level of sainthood, or at least Oprah-hood. The massively privileged and profoundly dim man who has given her a world platform is also a disgrace. But, on balance, the sheer parasitic poisonousness of Scobie wins him the top spot.

Enjoy

http://archive.today/OZZiI

The man said his wife never called his family racist.

Consequences? What consequences precisely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Because there’s no transcript or context it’s only natural that people will project their own feelings and opinions into the race row. It’s impossible to really know the tone or intent let alone the words that were actually spoken.

What’s staggering to me is how these two seem to constantly score own goals in regard to PR. I assume they have employed a team to manage this end of things and, at this point, attempt to rehabilitate their public image.

Meghan always seems to find herself shipwrecked on the rocks of her own hubris and delusion. Thinking she could turn the British public against the royal family and come out on top is just preposterous let alone think that the same public would swallow the whole NYC car chase story.

You need me to explain to you the consequences of racism?

Really?

What specifically were the consequences of the alleged racism Meghan suffered? And to clarify I mean personally, what was the personal racism she suffered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Communication is in the interpretation - try harder if you wish to be understood

Maybe by Scabies book but not by Harry it isn’t and besides it was refuted very clearly - you just want it spelt out in big letters and read slowly out loud

Unconscious bias not bigotry is the expression- but you know that and are just subtly changing the language to construct a false narrative

• Advertisement

There is no racism- again a false narrative from you

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lads, surely you know Boggles is winding you up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

There is no way in hell that they would have those 2 cnuts at their wedding. They are sh1t stirrers of the highest order.

Endgame not doing at all well thank goodness - I hope everyone lost a whole heap of money on this nonsense

I have no idea how Meghan felt personally. I don't know her.

Again that is getting into the realms of white mansplaining.

You seem hell bent to go out on that hill, you'll have to do that on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,624 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its an interesting strategy in that it pretty much guarantees it will never be taken seriously in any future thread on any topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Very staged and why is she never seen with her children? Are they at home all the time or something?

Are they at home all the time or something?

That's a very good question, to which there isn't a very good answer.

• Advertisement

Exactly. You don't know her. I don't know her. Neither of us were there behind closed doors to know what happened, what was said, how it was said etc yet you seem determined to believe she was subjected to racism. We have no context as outlined earlier but I am more than happy to watch, read and listen to all of these supposed receipts, texts and emails which we were told were readily available but which have never materialised. If I was someone who had it in for royal individuals and their monarchy then I'd be feeling peeved and short changed quite frankly.

I was quite happy to watch their series to find out how she personally felt, I was happy to read his book and maybe glean some information about what happened and get solid proof that someone is a racist and I was happy to listen to any pod cast where she explained her experiences of racism. We got nothing.

You seem bent on suggesting anyone being cynical, disbelieving or skeptical about it all is some kind of royalist whereas in reality it's simply asking where the beef is in what looks to be a nothing burger, one which they've been climbing down on ever since.

you seem determined to believe she was subjected to racism

It's hardly a stretch is it?

In lieu of an alternative explanation it is the most logical conclusion.

Right, right because of kids giving nazi salutes 90 years ago after listening to their balmpot Uncle and hiring policies which ended 50 years ago. Gotcha, very compelling. Speaking of logic how is this for a logical fallacy. In the space of two years, a divorced American actress of mixed race goes from dating to marrying a Prince from a white family where despite his Gan Gan being the head of the Church there is no problem with them marrying. She says she wants to hit the ground running as a working royal so is, despite her husband being 6th in line, given a multi million pound wedding which is broadcast worldwide, property, adulation, support, advice, options, staff, titles, patronages, millions for outfits etc. Is then able to step down and go commercial after only 18 months in the role. Is not given, according to her, anything to sign which would prevent her from speaking about what was a whirlwind and difficult few years for her.

It does not follow, in a family which is trained to be guarded, wary and suspicious of outsiders and agendas, that despite all of the above that some people in "the family she never had" wondered if their prospective niece/nephew/grandson/granddaughter might have a darker complexion via their white/ginger son/brother in law and their mixed race daughter in law/sister in law are racist because if they were they wouldn't even be discussing it in the first place because nobody of mixed race would be allowed or tolerated to marry into that family at all.

So the first "mixed race" person to enter this 1000 year exclusively white institution says she experienced racism and your exhaustive narrative is to keep claiming she is lying.

I disagree, primarily because it is illogical. You clearly know that too, but you are so far down the Royalist Rabbit Hole it's impossible to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭DaithiMa

White mansplaining 😂😂😂 rabbit hole indeed.

Nope- it was alleged there was some unconscious bias but you’re so far down your own rabbit hole you’re not going to listen to reason

You’re a royalist now if you’ve experienced people in your family smearing your name and character with lies and manipulation and have some empathy for other people (who happen to be royalty) that it is likely happening to in their family? Telpis. You have to admit though that it's quite a logical fallacy for a supposedly racist family to allow someone of mixed race to marry in.

To re-iterate for the umpteenth time she never said she experienced racism - it was the British Press who said that. Remember? It was unconscious bias apparently. Bias about what exactly though we simply don't know because despite a six hour doc, a book and promo interviews Harry never clarified what that bias was. Was it bias because she was American? That she was outspoken about political issues? That she was an actress? Harry should know. He was there. That lack of clarity is deliberate I think and we're supposed to think it was because of her race which is what you've clearly latched onto but, problematically for you, they have never explicitly stated that and they don’t seem to have any receipts either.

Apparently I’m a royalist now.

Whohoo - when do I get my free gold ?

supposedly racist family to allow someone of mixed race to marry in.

Had they a Veto how does or would that work exactly?

• Advertisement

.....you’re so far down your own rabbit hole .....

Is that not, "you're so far up your own rabbit hole"... I think @walshb 's advice was good advice....

Advertisement