Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But you got all those movies as well, remember?

That seemed to come and go. Announced then no word of any additions or did anyone here watch any films on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I played Powerwash Sim on the Xbox. It drove me mad. Plus I have to do the pre Christmas powerwash soon (for real).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Powerwash Sim is great. Until you get to the big ones and they take upwards of 80 minutes! Then they have you unlocking more powerful washers and spray types and different types of soaps for different surfaces, and they all cost money so you end up just using water... then you realise the trophies like washing a statue using only the lowest nozzle, or washing exactly a certain % of it... I look forward to it all again!

The Tomb Raider dlc was great fun too, hopefully will be included. There's a FF one too. Lost on me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's a pretty decent month tbf. Only played the demo of 2K Drive with the youngest recently and it's pretty good - like most lego games. Glad I didn't buy it when it was on sale that time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I tried a few times but couldn’t get it set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's in the media apps section of the home screen. Tbh you're not really missing much not using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭jj880

Forget about it. Heres the kind of stuff you're missing out on 😂

Sonys available library on the Core service isn't the best without having to buy but as I've mentioned before the streaming quality is by far the best available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I found the app, it just bugged out on me too many times and I gave up. If the majority of options are paid then it’s not for me anyway

Ive always found the idea of purchasing an online copy of a movie to own to be odd. Not sure why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's kinda sketchy alright!

Services come and go!

Remember getting a free digital copy with some DVD's and Blu-Rays?

All those services are dead now!

Unless it's a well established company, it can be hard to want to fork over for a permanent digital license.

It's why the Netflix model works so well, buys into our bias that it's not really ours to own and stuff comes and goes all the time and we don't feel like we've lost anything, but we have 😁

Also, so I'm on topic, the selection of Plus movies in Sony Core is totally shít! That's the best I can say about that 😆

Good point. In 1 of the many PS5 disk v digital debates on here a good point was eventually digital will shutter and you lose your games.

I dont have access to the 100 Plus movies (that I can see). I am on a Deluxe PS Plus sub though so cant complain 😆.

Yeah, in the US a load of Discovery tv shows are being removed from the PlayStation Video service and will be completely inaccessible afterwards even if you purchased them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Monthly games now live and Stars on the ps app has a new campaign to earn 50 points if you play any of them.

PowerWash Simulator

Sable

LEGO 2K Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hi folks, I just picked up a PS5 and know nothing of the PS world since PS2 time.

Would you regard this PS+ service as a must buy? I doubt I'll get much use of it but I'm thinking more for the kids - we do have xbox with 2+ years of GPU on that which gets utilised a LOT

What's the cheapest way of buying subs? Can you make use of cheap subs from other regions?

I did have a search for some info in the thread but it's quite sizeable

good place to start to see whats included: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-plus/#compare

Cloud Storage includes backup of all save game data. You can click on "See your available membership plans" for prices

Certain games have free online multiplayer without PS Plus. e.g. Fortnite, Rocket League, Apex Legends.

For a lot of games you do need it or you cant play with friends online like Minecraft.

Cheapest way for a years sub is usually waiting for the big sales (Black Friday). Ive seen discounts at the end of January also though.

Turkey used to be great for cheap subs. Sony raised Turkey prices a few months ago. Not worth it now.

My advice would be buy 1 month. See how much you all use it compared to GPU and then decide if you need a years sub.

Post edited by jj880 on

Jaysus Powerwash is boring and just makes me feel bad because i could be spending that time power washing my own car and house.

It is, but I still lost over 60 hours of my life to it. And I see there's a Back to the Future dlc now so... all that was also on Xbox, so it's a fresh start on PS... I'm gonna waste a lot of time over Christmas. Note: there's hidden graffitti if you use the softest spray on some of the dirtiest sections.

I see there are a couple of free add ons for Powerwash Simulator as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I did the FF7 one last night. I both hated it by the time I ended it but also couldn't stop doing it.

I won't play it again, but I also can't deny I spent 5 hours more than I expected after turning it on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Sable is just the game I've been looking for at the moment. Lovely artwork and nice gentle pace. Nice break from all the running around this time of the year.

All these sim games are the same. Farming sim, Powerwash sim, Garage sim, PC Building sim, Car Mechanic sim, Truck sims... You don't know why you're spending hours on them, but you keep doing it. Not all for everyone. I had to uninstall Lawnmower sim twice to stop myself wasting time. Some of them are better. Having put a few hours into Powerwash sim again, I forgot about the little texts/stories you get while cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Discounts for extra and premium are available for me until the 18th.

PS Extra

• Grand Theft Auto V | PS4, PS5
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | PS4, PS5
    • Moto GP23 | PS4, PS5
    • Metal: Hellsinger* | PS4, PS5
    • Salt and Sacrifice | PS4, PS5
    • Moonscars | PS4, PS5
    • Mega Man 11 | PS4
    • Gigabash | PS4, PS5
    • Grime | PS4, PS5
    • Tinykin | PS4, PS5
    • Prodeus | PS4, PS5
    • Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
    • Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director's Cut | PS4, PS5
    • Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

PS Premium:

• Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
    • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
    • Thrillville | PS4, PS5
    • Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5
    • Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/12/13/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-december-grand-theft-auto-v-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-metal-hellsinger-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Played Tinykin on gamepass earlier this year, fantastic & fun platformer with some lite puzzle elements, highly recommend

I always wanted to try that Shadowrun trilogy, i know it won't be a patch on the snes version but looking forward to getting back into that world.

Hmmm, seems they were off with their coordination between departments.

Zero posted the PS Stars 50 Points list in the other thread, which listed Stranger of Paradise as being a Plus game even though it wasn't announced or available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So just wondering if I had never played a Final Fantasy game before, where should I start?

So many options and versions 🤔

Not looking for anything retro, something somewhat modern would be nice.

Are they all self contained stories or a follow on?

Advertisement