Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapping My Car - Who is best company to go with

Options
  • 05-12-2023 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm going to scrap my Ford Mondeo as it was driven through flood water a month ago and the engine has stopped working, I was looking for advice on who the best car scrapping companies that are out there and would give a good price for scrapping the car with them. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Kilcock Car dismantlers if they are not far from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What year is the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Personally I'd throw it up on DD/Adverts for a few €100 as a damaged reparable with a detailed description of the issues and you should get more money for it. Fill in the reg cert like a normal sale and send it off and it's out of your name.

The scrap price is by weight and sometimes if you get them to collect the car you forfeit the scrap value as a collection fee.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭shane b

I used cartakeback.com a few years ago and found them good. They give you a quote on-line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pmcg1983

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Same - I found them pretty good. They offered a few quid more for a write off than the insurance company was giving me

Advertisement