Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Today feels colder even though it isn't freezing, I can't get warm at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You are not alone.... I think the wind made it feel colder today. I don't know, I'm really just guessing 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It was freezing in Dublin today. A breeze blowing in off the sea. Even Liffey valley wasn't warm indoors. But home now. Well hours ago. Got some stocking fillers for Ms G and myself. We have the same tastes. Gonna have an M&S meal soon. Ready for it after some well earned...

Had lunch in O'Briens sandwich bar. Chicken and sweet corn with butter and mayo. A fave going back years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very cold and wintry outside today. 🥶

I had a very productive Monday myself...

Was busy with work stuff from 10am to 4pm, then hoovered the place and mopped all the hard floors. Headed out later on to do a big grocery shop, but before doing that...

...I put up our skinny Christmas tree - 20 mins of minimal hassle! 🎄 🎄 🎅 😁

Getting into the festive spirit this week...wreath and other decorations will go up over the coming days. Cards also to get sorted. 🎄

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another night another dollar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone. Looking frosty out, but still a brilliant, sunny day!

Things are ever so slightly crazy at work though...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had a systems issue yesterday that still has me a bit frazzled, but things are calming down thankfully. Of course, someone had to set a whole bunch of ferrets loose in our data centre just when my boss goes on vacation...

(And no, no actual ferrets were involved, it's just a figure of speech. Though that would have been hilarious...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting near the beach just outside Valencia, it's t-shirt weather for me, thd locaals ard all wrapped up. Having a nice red wine, the music is very good which also helps...

Life is hard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yawn

• Advertisement

• Jaysus if anyone’s wanting a Nintendo switch, about €150 to be saved buying on Amazon IT!

that’s Santa sorted anyway 🤣

I'm wrecked tired. I wish I could hibernate until Springtime and then wake up and win the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I think we must have hibernated in some way shape or form, at some point. I always sleep much better in the winter than any other time of year .

Not as cold today, yaaay!

15 minutes to go, can't wait to close the laptop today...

• I’m dreading this evening.

Once everyone’s away to bed I’ll be hitting the button and ordering the Christmas gear, my bank is crying already 🤣

Just heading out for another night at the coalface.. Momentous day, have to buy taebags, they are back to square after years of arsing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

You have a link for this? Considering getting one for my 6yo but can't see any special price on there...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Not a bad day in work until about 5 mins before I was due to finish and then a complete sh*t show, typical, it's amazing how there's an issue if you arrive late but if you end up staying later than expected it seems to go unnoticed, I may need to highlight this and ruffle feathers. 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dinner was easy. A quick heat on the hob and the jocks are washed in the washing machine. Back in the 21st century. The dual drawer air fryer is great too. So simple. Thank you Curry's and your team and **** off to the dose bag and his. Auctioneer that sold me this place. I will not forget your lies. Parasites.

• Advertisement

Feeling a bit glum, anniversaries abound.. Halfway through shift, might fcuk off for a smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I know what you mean about the weather. In New York the people all had padded jackets and the Irish lads in tee shirts .

Finally bought first present for Mrs G, that's broken the duck as the saying goes

60 hours done, three days off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

well done Grem, hope there are overtime bucks made with those hours and you get to have some downtime.

I'm drinking coffee in bed wondering if I could stay here all day and cite technical issues for why I can’t turn on my camera during work meetings…

Workside, has everyone taken their crazy pills today?

I'm down to tea and dark chocolate.

Anything else is bad for me or is not worth the recovery period.

At least that's what I'm telling myself for now.

I was referring to my colleagues in the office, but whatever suits you 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Bob says he's staying in his igloo until about March or April ...

• Advertisement

Advertisement