Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker Clubs in Dublin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,095 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Me too. Played a few months ago for the first time in a few years and I was abysmal. Didnt even make a 20. Not that I was ever really good but this was like Id never played the game before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Terry Rogers/Fairview Snooker Club closing its door permenantly today.

Sad to see so few clubs left around Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,095 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thats a shame. Never mind clubs, I wonder how many tables are left to play on in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Sad to see local clubs closing their doors. Sad that Dublin has so few tables now. While the game has had massive exposure and plenty of prize money internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andy133

Closed down

WST are definitely missing a trick if there aren't clubs easily reachable in towns and cities for the casual punter to go in to play a frame once a week or fortnight. I'd say people would be dying to play a few frames during the winter or when Sheffield is on, but it's too much hassle to drive half way across a city to get to it.

It's a commercial concern running clubs, but I think the Hearns should use their noggins a bit more to see how the club scene could work in urban spaces these days.

Rent and rates is the big thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

Why would Eddie Hearn be bothered about snooker halls in Dublin? Do you genuinely think he should open clubs in Ireland?

Talking in general as the same issue can be seen around parts of the UK. It is World Snooker Tour, and Ireland is a snooker playing country, so you'd expect the beneficial owners of a World Tour to take some responsibility for the grass roots game. Even if they delegate this out.

And Barry Hearn has owned snooker clubs for 50 years so he should know the business inside out. Again if his son has no interest, delegate it out.

Advertisement