Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Ulixes

Other than Fox and some of the Sky News Channels the media is overwhelmingly left wing. In this country RTE are like the broadcasting wing of the Trade Unions and the Irish Times is not far behind them. If the media is right wing then who is doing the massive criticism of Von Der Leyen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

When I said 'right wing media', I was referring to that in the UK and the US. As I said, I believe this is dangerous : support for war crimes makes Western governments look weak and immoral and lacking in credibility. It was actually reassuring to see many EU states at least push back against von der Leyen's words and gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So paying pensions is the same as bombing? Okayyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I don't usually answer stupid and disingenuous questions with zero thought put into them, but I'll give it a go if you insist.

"How many Irish children would you allow an Israeli to murder over the coming month in order to satisfy their bloodlust. "In the context of October 7th" if it makes you happy?"

Ok, in your hypothetical scenario that makes no sense, I wouldn't want an Israeli to kill any Irish children. But you used the word "allow", meaning that it would be in my control to stop them. If it were in my control to stop them I would do everything I could to stop them. In a situation with 1 Israeli trying to kill a child in Ireland it could probably (but not guaranteed) be prevented without killing any innocents. But if you think that scales to the Israel Palestine conflict you're very naïve, there's too many other factors at play.

If that answer isn't what you were looking for it's only because your question was terrible. Recompile it and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Did you know that in 1948 the UN sent a negotiator over to negotiate between the jewish and arab groups and the jewish groups assassinated him?

The claim was the Israel was formed peacefully, I pointed out that there had been an insurrection for years and it was even going on whilst the UN was making its decisions. So yes, the country was formed from violence.

What's crazy is that people need to try and rwrite history to support "Their side".

• Advertisement

What on earth makes you think that is what Rosahane was saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭StarryPlough01

As you did politely ask: “Please”.  The Israelis are the star-bellied sneetchers.

It’s so simple a child can understand it.

It’s about racism: 

https://bowmanatbrooks.weebly.com/uploads/8/3/8/3/8383240/the-sneetches.pdf

Enjoy your lesson !!  I feel si much better after reading that really... really... appalling post from a landlord on another site dismissing deceased Palestinian children.  One 8 year-old Palestinian boy (Adam Al-Ghoul) was shot in the head for throwing stones. 

Okay.

I agree that support for criminal acts because you are sympathetic to the ideology of the the group that carried them out is a bad thing. When political leaders do it it undermines democratic values. It's something that happens on both the left and the right.

That's one of the many reasons I can't stand Michael D Higgins as his support for murdering oppressive left wing dictators is disgusting and not aligned to the values of the State he heads or the Constitution he is supposed to be upholding (a duty he's consistently treated with contempt).

Good old Dr. Seuss... I still don't get your point. What double standard am I guilty of?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's "suddenly" become a story because of the extent of denial and downplaying of what happened. It's not that hard to understand. At this rate, Israel are going to have to make public all the footage they've been screening to journalists just to shut the denialists like you up. No doubt, you'd have have nothing to say about the war crimes, just how awful and manipulative Israel is for showing the world what was done to them.

Some of apologists on here are starting to sound like 9/11 truthers combined with holocaust deniers. They're pretty much using all the same arguments (they let it happen, the Israeli government supported hamas, not as many died as claimed, ok some bad things happened but not as bad as what is claimed, where's the evidence etc etc)

• Advertisement

"From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" is a call for the destruction of Israel and the death of all Jews living therein. That's a bit genocidal in intent.

Killing 20,000 people is wrong and morally reprehensible but it isn't genocide. There's a half a million active service men and women in the IDF. They have around a thousand main battle tanks and the 9th most powerful Airforce in the world. If Israel wanted to kill everyone in Gaza they'd all be dead weeks ago. That's not a position on the moral values of Israel, it's just a statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Similar to Patrick Pearse's famous call for genocide at the grave of O'Donovan Rossa - "Ireland unfree shall never be at peace".

In the current climate, we also have a lot of people holding the genocidal position that occupied parts of Ukraine should be free from Russian control. Why is nobody lobbying our government to have he people making such calls held accountable by the ICC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Wait, they can't flood the tunnels if they don't exist 🙄 oh but now they do exist the narrative has shifted to "but what about the hostages down there". Israel can do no right with some people.

Btw the remaining hostages that Hamas are refusing to give up consist of the young women taken from the festival and captured soldiers and men. I dread to think what condition they are in. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way hamas will return them because I don't think the likes of even the most dedicated on here would be able to spin it as them being "treated well".

Pearse was a nutter who was obsessed with blood sacrifice and thought that the million dead young men in Europe was a glorious sacrifice to Nationalism. James Connolly described him as a blithering idiot.

He didn't call for genocide though and his Ireland wasn't subject to Sharia Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I don't remember Patrick Pearse sending out volunteers to rape at will, and to mutilate babies and children, do you?

So nope, more similar to Mein Kampf and Judenrein.

We saw on October 7th what fate would befall Jews left to the tender mercies of a free Palestine without the protection of the state of Israel.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The man was chosen for that position as he had negotiated the release of tens of thousands from German concentration camps.

I posted on this thread earlier about the zionists similarly assassinating a Dublin born member of the Guinness family who had a position in the British government!

Grand. So we've narrowed it down now. A chant of "from the river to the sea" is only genocidal if it happens in a country that is under Sharia Law.

(Given that those countries don't tend to speak English, it would appear you scored an own goal there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is exactly the point I have been trying to make time and time again on this thread.

Rape and killing and torture is horrific. No matter who does it. And the taking of hostages as well. But we've seen very concrete examples on here that suggests that some people view the lives of Palestinians as being vastly inferior in value than the lives of Israelis. This last 24 Hrs and the condemnation of acts of rape on Oct 7th while ignoring the evidence that Israel is capable and guilty of similar is a case in point.

We saw similar previously with posters saying that the only thing that was necessary for the conflict to end was for the release of the hostages held by Hamas. They refused to even acknowledge the tenfold numbers of Palestinians held without charge by Israel (not to mention the numbers held under charge).

And as I pointed out last night, only one side is being obliterated here and seeing their livelihoods, homes, family and even their own lives just disappearing in a cloud of rubble from Israeli bombs. I don't understand how the people who are outraged and accusing others of downplaying rape don't see their own hypocrisy in how they are ok with the suffering of Palestinians.

At least once daily I include in a post that I; 'the attacks of Oct 7th were horrific, that I condemn those involved and that everyone involved should be persecuted,' and yet am accused of being a Hamas terrorist sympathizer. And those accusing me of this watching Israel target and kill Palestinians consistently at a rate of 10:1 or greater, and these people never call for restraint.

If you hear about 110 people being killed, and target your anger only on those who killed ten of them, ignoring the deaths of the other 100, you should have a serious examination of your conscience in my view.

(And all of this outside of the subjugation and persecution and loss of land that Palestinians have to suffer as well as being targeted and killed).

Again with the little added on non sequiturs.

The claim is that the chant is genocidal. It is an English language chant and so would be being heard in countries which likely aren't sending out volunteers to rape at will.

The only murdering of babies happening at the minute are the thousands and thousands being killed in the Gaza strip. Or as many of ye on here like to delude yourself "the imaginary ones that Hamas makes up, and even if they didn't sure they don't count anyway"

You've never watched or read British media if you think it is overwhelmingly left wing. It is anything but. And there's a lot more people consuming that than there is watching US media. Which is almost exclusively Pro-Israel to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭brickster69

Dozens of public on the record statements from Israels leaders stating the intent to commit genocide of the Palestinian people, also note that complicity in genocide is a crime also and can be punished. Anyone denying intent has been shown and has been carried out is totally delusional

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

This is some crazy stuff.

Straight from the BBC.

Israeli settler violence brings destruction and fear to West Bank as war rages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67617920

@Akrasia, ^^^ Brilliant post above (#23125 06-12-2023 10:21pm). Thank you.

WARNING: DISTRESSING CONTENT

Watch video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSocrm2q4zY

'Phosphorus used in Gaza, British-Palestinian doctor says | Israel-Hamas war’

MY NOTES:

Prof Ghassan Abu-Sittah said:

…. “During my time at Al Shifa hospital, it became apparent that 40-45% of all the wounded were going to be children. ….

Starry: White phosphorous:

“As time went (on), we saw the introduction of incendiary bombs where the patients would have over 40% of their total surface body area burnt with no other injury. And by the time Al Shifa collapsed there were over a hundred of these patients at Al Shifa hospital. And we started seeing phosphorous burns. ….

“…. As a chemical burn, white phosphorous burns right through to the inner core of the body and only stops when they have no exposure to oxygen. …

[Starry: ^ White phosphorous burns and goes right through you - it won’t stop burning. It was created to burn everything... animals, buildings... everything]

Prof Ghassan Abu-Sittah continues:

“My estimate is that there are between 700-900 children with amputations of limbs. On some of whom there are multiple amputations. …. [Scroll to: 5:45 / 22:36]

Al Oud Hospital where he moved.  On the third day he witnessed a phone call from the Israeli army to the director of the hospital.  The director was informed that unless he evacuates the hospital within two hours, the hospital was going to be targeted.  Of course that was not going to be possible.  …. There were too many patients that were too difficult to move.

‘Gaza’s Indonesian Hospital in ruins after Israeli raid, days-long siege’

‘Nurses recall horror of Israeli raid, interrogations, saying troops beat and humiliated them as they refused to leave patients behind.’

By Al Jazeera Staff

Published On 25 Nov 202325 Nov 2023

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/25/gazas-indonesian-hospital-in-ruins-after-israeli-raid-days-long-siege

“We had 25 people with broken pelvises who couldn’t be moved. They blew up this entrance, they shot the patients inside. They searched us one by one and scanned everyone’s faces. I told them I’m a nurse,” the male nurse from the emergency department told Al Jazeera.:

Prof Ghassan Abu-Sittah moved back to Al Shifa Hospital. I stopped the video around 7:00 / 22:36.

Post edited by StarryPlough01 on

Non sequitur? Ah you were the one who brought Padraig Pearse into it, and now clinging to some non logic about what language it is chanted in.

Seriously desperate stuff.

An obvious deflection and sign you've lost the argument.

With added whataboutery.

From the river to the sea is a genocidal chant, because if it was put into practice now it would mean genocide for Jews. Judenrein

As for your claims about 'deluding' - well it is obviously projection.

We saw on October 7th what fate would befall Jews left to the tender mercies of a Palestine free "from the River to the Sea" without the protection of the state of Israel. Rape, murder, mutilation, torture, without regard to age, gender, civilian or military.

You have no "argument" other than head-in-the-sand blindly parroting Zionist propaganda. God knows why. Perhaps you don't like Palestinians or Muslims and you are happy to see another "team" reduce their numbers by whatever means necessary (There are Christian Palestinians too btw)

You should try reading the post again. I don't know whether it is a lack of comprehension skills or just stubbornness and pretending you don't understand. You tried to claim that the chant (which is in English) is genocide because people chanting it sent others to rape and murder on 7th. I merely called out your lies. The people who sent out the fighters on 7th Oct are not in English speaking countries. Most are in Gaza. If there are people chanting it outside the GPO, then it isn't plausible that any of them sent out anyone else on 7th Oct to do anything other than maybe sending their kid out to get milk in Tesco.

The attempted gaslighting is mental. Those calling for freedom from oppression for Palestinians are declared to be genocide, and those calling for Israel not to be hitting UN schools full of kids with airstrikes are declared to be anti-semitic and rape deniers. It's mental.

People calling for the freedom of Palestine are no more genocidal than Patrick Pearse or anyone else calling for the freedom of Ireland. Them's the facts! If pointing that out exposes an uncomfortable hypocrisy for some, then so be it

Consider how life looks to the plain-bellied sneetchers. I guess that children's story was too deep for you;

They aren't just calling for the freedom of some notional Palestinian state but the destruction of the state of Israel. That means genocide to Jews. A preview of such a fate was given by Hamas on October 7th.

So does that mean you are here "blindly parroting Hamas propaganda".

"God knows why. Perhaps you don't like Jews and you are happy to see another "team" reduce their numbers by whatever means necessary."

The word phrasings above are taken directly from your post - shows how easy it is to make a prejudicial bad faith argument against another poster doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

This academic explains how killing large numbers of civilians and terrorising the Palestinian population is an actual pre-planned military strategy by the IDF and has been for nearly two decades:

Since October 7th, I'd say that Israel has killed more "Jews" than Hamas. If that is your concern

• Advertisement

From the river to the sea is a genocidal chant, because if it was put into practice now it would mean genocide for Jews. Judenrein

From NPR

In fact, a lot depends on context. The Likud Party of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in its original party platform in 1977 that "between the Sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty."

So the original Likud charter not only referred to the same geographical landmarks, but specifically said that there would be nothing else controlling the region only Israel.

Why is the phrase genocidal when used by Palestinians, but not an issue when coupled with text literally claiming domain over Palestinian areas when used by the party of the current PM of Israel?

Advertisement