Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Wasn't aimed at me but 100% a far right party would have my vote bagged. If noone else represents me but far right then they get my vote.

Also far right today is stupidly deemed as everything right of extreme left, just making that clear.

But even if the party was actually far right and their policy is to solve this then of course they have my vote.

Let's not forget that the 3 party FFG government have destroyed the country while in power. SF are a joke not even taken advantage of the situation, so it has to be a vote which excludes FFG and SF and explicitly not allowing transfers to them.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't know where you live but there's always at least one independent who's vote against the government (or opposition or anyone else) on everything, doesn't matter if they don't vote for things you'd want just that they'd vote themselves against things the government wants.

They just need to sit in the dail and make it 1 seat harder to form a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Not many od these sorts of candidates in Dublin AFAIK, or ones with a snowball's chance of being elected anyway...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The problem with 'these tools' is that they mainly come from urban constituencies where they are somewhat representative of the electorate. It's the same in the US for example, rural Republican representatives have very different views on some issues than those in subruban LA for example.

It's a clear, and growing divide between urban and rural Ireland.

Labour are on deaths door at this stage. Sherlock, Howlin gone come next election also and they have little appeal outside of urban Ireland, and what makes them worthy of a vote there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Yeah, so I'm not really quite sure where you or anyone else took issue with the point I originally made. I remarked as to how people will say "I'm not far right" but will then, as you are doing here, declare that they would vote for a Far Right party on this single issue — noting that it's more or less the single issue that defines far right ideology. So I don't see how or why there often appears to be a hesitancy among people with clear far right sympathies to actually just say "yes, maybe I actually am far right".

As for the whole "destroying the country" theatrics — well — go ahead, stick the far right guys in power and watch them turn Ireland into a real-life Tír na nÓg of homogenous perfection where everyone is happy and immigration/refugee policy is absolutely perfect and no foreign national is physically capable of wrongdoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I am not far right, I am right of extreme far left so they label me as far right, racist bigot etc.

I will happily be labeled as far right to satisfy those nut job idiots and if I vote far right that's my perogative.

The more people labeled far right that are just normal folk the better.

Those idiots doing this here in Ireland are several years too late to make any impression on us, anyone on US forums since 2017 know all this s**t already and how it works/supposed to work in their eyes and the labeling that goes with it, its old.

I'm far right in your eyes and I'm bloody proud to be so.

If all parties are far left and I want to vote for a party that proclaims to resolve immigration problems then I'll vote for them, left, centrist or right.

Just stop with the "far" right nonsense, we're tired of that American crap here.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

The magic words e.g. racist, far right, conspiracy nut etc etc...which were so powerful once ...are waning in their ability to cower people into silence. Interesting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Everyone has to be labelled now apparently. And no it's not a misrepresentation of my point. So in your mind anyone who voted for same sex marriage is a homosexual or a lesbian apparently.

You will see very soon the theatrics this government has done by destroying this country. There will never be a perfect immigration/refugee policy in any country ,but surely any person with a bit of sense can see it has to be managed properly and not a free for all open to all like our country. What do you think of the tir na Og we're making now, filling our streets with tents and sleeping bags of men and all the rest. Perhaps this is your idea of tir na Og but it's certainly not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Great, the more exposure Lucky has the more people will understand how ridiculous this system is. People dont like being lectured to by an absolute chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Given the number of "far right sweeping to power in Europe" where have they destroyed the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are they not accommodating half of the refugees in Kerry?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This is not a comparable analogy. The comparable analogy is someone with left leaning views voting for a communist party because they align with them on one or two issues.

It is in my view. Anyone or anything who is interested in putting a stop to the madness of immigration in this country getting my vote.

One or two issues, Jesus you must be having a laugh.

And what have they done and what are they doing? Are they delivering the promises that swept them to power?

The British have been dancing to the Right's tune for close to a decade at this stage. They left the EU, ended free movement, never stop banging on about immigration — and the result? The number of EU migrants has dramatically decreased but net migration continues upwards as the downturn in EU migrants has been compensated by a sharp upturn of non-EU migrants. Well done to UK right wing politics for failing to achieve the one thing that has been its raison d'etre.

In Italy, the country's right wing leader track record so far? Promised a naval blockade to block boats from North Africa. Didn't implement it and has largely not achieved much in reducing migration. In France, the would-be saviour of the French people, Marine Le Pen has been carefully reformulating her old "blame the EU" vitriol into something even more vague since Brexit exposed some of the simplistic lies behind anti-immigration rhetoric. Oh, and whatever happened to Trump's wall?

The fact is, many of these right wing parties aren't going to destroy their countries because, like Trump and like the Brexiteers, when in power their big simplistic promises slap head first into the thick concrete slab of the realities of the modern globalised world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭rgossip30

They have to resort to name calling as they no counter arguement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,681 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That tax free €800pm to rent a room is putting a floor on the market in the cities. No end in sight. It is nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Isn't Michael makin a fortune off of them in one of his hotels? Speaking out of both sides of his mouth...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭TokTik

The “far right” parties will stop us ageing?? That the pension problem solved right there. We won’t need immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭TokTik

“Trumps wall” has become Bidens wall. Construction ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭rgossip30

How long will the rent a room for a Ukrainian last . This will probably require legislation a dail vote or a court case to change ! But we need to have more coming seems to be the narrative .

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,037 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Healy Raes and other independents will be nothing but a huge disappointment to the anti-immigration people. They are not remotely far right or populist or 'Gript like', they are your bog standard independent TDs that we have seen in the Dáil for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ECookie13

No end in sight, I honestly can see it there for years and it will keep getting extended. All this talk about "reviewing" the current situation weeks ago and not a thing has changed. They are getting bonuses at Christmas now. As long as we keep getting taxed to the gills to support it, why stop it?

All these virtue signalers are their early 20s will have the epiphany when they can't move out of their parent's houses or afford decent rent in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But the more noise they make the more people will start to listen and standing up telling the government you can't make It go away by labelling everyone a far right gript subscriber,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Strazdas is saying the HRs et al are not really committed to anti-immigration, or any other cause, they're just self-serving gombeens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,037 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

For sure, but I don't think they are even that interested in the immigration issue. Much of their Dáil speeches are about sorts of other stuff affecting their local constituents....there's no way immigration will ever become their main focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Everyone is thinking and talking about it ,three weeks of calling everyone and anyone who wants to discuss immigration as far right racists has had the opposite effect, even getting caught out after making false claims about twitter not engaging with the government to remove posts,

There's going to have to be an honest public discussion or they will face the public at the ballot boxes and you can guarantee they will claim foreign interference in the next election

127,000 euro salary is now needed to purchase a three bedroom house in Dublin .

Hard for people working there bo##ocks off in jobs paying far less seeing certain cohorts of people being handed houses for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement