Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grateful4

They called the top 100 through to interview , have those interviews finished now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzgig Fozzywig

The first 100 were scheduled to be finished last Friday, but extenuating circumstances may have meant some needed to be rescheduled this week. Fingers crossed we hear soon. I am, yet again, going a bit mad with the anticipation. I had my interview on the Monday so it's starting to feel a long time even though I know it's not in the context of the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

Results out, much sooner than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzgig Fozzywig

I got it! Whoop!

Me too, congratulations. OOM in the 30s so should be safe and sound. Nice to enjoy Christmas now in the knowledge.

Commiserations to anyone who didn't get good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Meitheamh10

I got in the mid 40s OOM so thinking I'll be waiting till February/March or so. Given these results came out sooner than expected do people reckon the next batch might be called to interview before January, have a good friend early in the 100s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Congratulations told you not to worry 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Limerick1001

Can someone help me understand the skills matching survey we received? Do our answers go towards determining the department we might be placed in, or is it more to help determine what types of tasks etc. we might get once in a department? A bit confused by the term "assignments."

Congrats to all successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maruhc1994

I was wondering the same thing, and also not exactly sure what each "skill" means eg "operations"... I've tried googling it but can't find a definitive answer. I think its to determine the tasks you do once in the department but i'm not 100% on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

Managing ‘Operations means managing Human Resource/ staff performance as well as managing processes and ensuring performance and processes are effective to meet the objectives

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

Any idea on OOM reached so far?

I'm in the 30s and heard nothing. I suspect they won't call anyone this side of Christmas nut have no basis for believing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MeganeMan

In the 50s here. I have a couple of mates who are AOs and when I mentioned it to them they sounded certain I'd get called in a couple of months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sunny247

I think based on last year’s thread, it will be the new year before they start clearance process.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MeganeMan

I just received the message for the pre-clearance now!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

Just got contacted for clearance

Yeah, I was contacted too. I think this is just to confirm eligibility for a place on the panel. Then references are required prior to actually being placed.

Anyone have experience with getting international police clearance certificates? I need two and the Dutch website mentions 4-8 weeks turnaround time.

Am I missing something or does the message on public jobs not provide an email to send the documents etc back to ?

• Advertisement

Thought the exact same. Perhaps they're to be sent to clearance@publicjobs.ie

@Limerick1001 I got one from France when I accepted my CO, I believe I included the confirmation that I applied for it, explained the expected timeline, and then clearance was passed after I got the final information.

Makes sense, thanks. Did you you email PAS to let them know beforehand that this is what you would be doing?

Yep. So I emailed them the confirmation email I had gotten that said I had applied and said I would immediately forward on the final documents once they came in. Once I got the final info (mine was faster than what they had predicted so hopefully yours will be too) I then emailed this to them immediately. They were very understanding about it, they accepted all other docs and my position was paused until I had everything in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭apkmbarry

I know back a bit people mentioned that it was an open brief for the presentation based on the manual.

Did that turn out to be true or where there still vague titles assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NatashaB16

Hi all, just wondering if the interviews and presentations were done virtually or in person? Haven’t seen anybody talking about the format of the interviews in the thread so far and hope it is not a ridiculous question!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NatashaB16

Thanks a million plaidshirt! And congrats to all who got through!

Has anyone’s references been contacted yet ? Wondering should I text my old manager to check if she’s received any emails etc from PAS

• Advertisement
Advertisement