Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Is it OK to ask this? In the spirit of free speech, robust debate and rejecting an extreme form of political correctness, I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

I see today that Dublin Co-co has twinned with Ramallah.... comedy gold!

"Some possible areas of “mutual interest” between Dublin and Ramallah highlighted by the City Council include climate action and sustainable transport."

🤣 They could have been more honest and said they both shared a passion for burning busses, rioting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Ulixes

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue where if someone expresses a view that may lean in one direction it must mean that they hold the most extreme views possible in that direction.

At no stage did I say that the president is only elected because of what RTE say.

At no stage did I ever express an opinion or share a belief that nobody can have any vaguely left wing views without opposing the very concept of rented accommodation.

Where on earth are you getting this stuff from?

• Advertisement

I'm excellent at comprehension thanks which is why I can see what you are posting is juvenile level nonsense.

These images will go around the world. They show what Israel really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Ulixes

I beg to differ, based on the utter nonsense you are posting in response to my posts.

Can you substantiate any of your nonsensical assertions? How do you get from me criticising the double standards of a rich landlord to me believing that anyone with left wing views is against the concept of rental accommodation? I thought lefties were all in favour of Public Housing.

Then show me where I said that the president is only elected because of what RTE say. Otherwise you're just wasting peoples time posting nonsense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭StarryPlough01

President Biden will be in favour of a ceasefire after it has already happened.

Bibi Netanyahu

‘Netanyahu’s corruption trial resumes amid Israeli war on Gaza.’

5 Dec 2023

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/5/netanyahus-corruption-trial-resumes-amid-israeli-war-on-gaza-what-to-know

It’s heartening to see such a wonderful diverse community here on Board!!. I’ve been posting on another forum where the landlords are predominantly pro-Israel.  Recently, I called one landlord out for posting highly inappropriate disinformation (propaganda). The landlord had dismissed, as fake, video footage of an 8 year-old boy being shot in the back of the head by an army sniper (for throwing stones).   His older brother was a witness to this war crime. I wouldn’t accept the excuses; and was advised that I now had two sanctions.   I didn’t know I had any sanctions. I was told a third strike would mean I was out (evicted).   I got the message from him loud and clear: “it’s my house, my rules.”    A couple of days ago, he once again dismissed footage of a much younger Gazan child (dec), who had been brought in to a hospital for urgent treatment after a bombardment.   In my view, such inflammatory language targeting deceased children is unprincipled behaviour. All children are sacred. What separates us from the Wild West frontier is a universal respect for human life. 

^"check your privilege"

Absolutely. I've called it out online as "double standards". Whoosh over their head.

Edit: Quote

Post edited by StarryPlough01 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rubbish. You won't get out of it that way. Deflection won't save your credibility.

There are people here who would and will defend mass executions of Palestinians. Israel has already provided the "justification" for this because it deems all adults, and seemingly children too, the be "combatants". That's an ideological "justification" for genocide.

Sod all difference between "master race" and "chosen people" indeed.

Translation:

A short while ago, the Israeli occupation executed my friend Yousef Saadi Abu Salah and all his family members in northern Gaza. You will see in the video that my friend Yousef’s father was carrying the white flag indicating that they are civilians and that they do not pose any danger. Yousef Siddiqui’s mother embraced him until their last breath. Isn’t it time to stop... This genocide?????

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭duck.duck.go

One of the news channels was showing video released by Hamas with one of the young women prisoners walking with blood all over her ass area of her pants after being raped

These people are just **** sick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭brickster69

UAE call an emergency UNSC meeting to be held in the next 48 hours. Reports that China and another country on the security council have sponsored it.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

The popular excuse for attacking and killing everyone in an area is that Hamas are using them for cover. How many times have we heard the ''human shields'' expression? It's just the excuse they use to kill everyone in the area, bomb hospitals, refugee centres, schools etc How many hostages have they freed? How many tunnels have they entered and what have they found? Just excuses to murder innocent men, women and children. Gair play to the UN Secretary General for calling it for what it is.

2 November 2023 Stats ~

‘A curse to be a parent in Gaza’: More than 3,600 Palestinian children killed in just 3 weeks of war’

Nov 2, 2023

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/a-curse-to-be-a-parent-in-gaza-more-than-3600-palestinian-children-killed-in-just-3-weeks-of-war

“DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — *More than 3,600 Palestinian children were killed in the first 25 days of the war between Israel and Hamas,* according to Gaza’s Hamas-run Health Ministry. They were hit by airstrikes, smashed by misfired rockets, burned by blasts and crushed by buildings, and among them were newborns and toddlers, avid readers, aspiring journalists and boys who thought they’d be safe in a church.

“Nearly half of the crowded strip’s 2.3 million inhabitants are under 18, and children account for 40% of those killed so far in the war. An Associated Press analysis of Gaza Health Ministry data released last week showed that as of Oct. 26, 2,001 children ages 12 and under had been killed, including 615 who were 3 or younger.

“When houses are destroyed, they collapse on the heads of children,” writer Adam al-Madhoun said Wednesday as he comforted his 4-year-old daughter Kenzi at the Al Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in the central Gaza city of Deir al-Balah. *She survived an airstrike that ripped off her right arm, crushed her left leg and fractured her skull.*

[…]

“More children have been killed in just over three weeks in Gaza than in all of the world’s conflicts combined in each of the past three years, according to the global charity Save the Children. For example, it said, 2,985 children were killed across two dozen war zones throughout all of last year.

[…]

Israeli children have also been killed. During Hamas’ brutal Oct. 7 rampage across southern Israel that sparked the war, its gunmen killed more than 1,400 people. Among them were babies and other small children, Israeli officials have said, though they haven’t provided exact figures.  […]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Numerous observers with knowledge of how Israel operates have suggested that none of this is collateral damage and that the targeting of civilians is 100% deliberate. It must be one of the only examples in the last century or more of a supposedly 'western' country deliberately killing civilians and terrorising the rest of the civilian population.

Exactly and its no accident imo that so many journalists have been 'killed' reporting from Gaza.

Telling civilians they would be safe in certain areas and then bombing them when they go there. Pure unadulterated murder -

Hundreds of Palestinians killed as Israel pursues Hamas (rte.ie)

• Advertisement

The human shield stuff is obviously nonsense and neither does Israel give a toss about its own hostages in Gaza.

The culture of conspiracy thinking that tears societies apart and which has grown and grown and grown in America since September 11th, through the Iraq War and the financial crisis etc., this is Israel's future.

This kind of thinking develops in response to trauma, official failure, societal and official lust for revenge, then lies, anger at lies, a Mitchell and Webb "are we actually the baddies?" syndrome which leads to a deep form of guilt yet a deep form of denial. People lose their critical faculties and start believing mad, paranoid fantasies because they can't confront hard truths. The thing is, it's hard to actually blame people who do lose their critical faculties in such a manner. They have been lied to, fed bullshit. They are victims. All of society is the victim of appalling misrule by the likes of Netanyahu and his fascist buddies. Americans were victims too of George W. Bush's appalling administration, though they created many far bigger victims abroad.

This is also why I say that the only existential threat to Israel comes from within. The existential threat to America - which is Trumpism, and all that goes with it like the mass paranoia and the mass throwing out of the most basic facts and reason in favour of QAnon etc., this threat has come from within, not from outside, though it has been constantly stoked from outside by Russia.

Israel will suffer a similar fate. At least the US didn't suffer a large amount of dead hostages over which societal rage about the official response was free to spread like wildfire. Israel seems very likely to have this scenario and as a society it will turn against itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,552 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They say its blood, most say that it's basically where she pissed/shìt herself through fear

But blood from rape gets more support for israels actions.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night while cheering for “people” who would rape and behead you without a thought

And the screams of the poor terrified toddlers in Gaza must be haunting.

Yes terrible **** happens when let terrorists run the place instead of eradicating the Islamist cockroaches

Just be honest that when you say this it is a call for the genocide of Palestinians. One does make such a broad brush generalisation, a dehumanisation, without it being a call for genocide.

Israel's propaganda techniques have been straight out of the Nazi playbook. Too few people are willing to state the truth about this because they fear being branded as anti-Semitic. It is not remotely anti-Semitic to state the plain truth, in fact it is a moral imperative.

If that was your daughter in the video with her ass bleeding from being raped by animals you would not have written the above ^

Well now isn't that just as i've been saying, there are two sets of blood thirsty terrorists.

• Advertisement

Yes and one set is going to get exterminated for starting this **** show and they deserve it.

Advertisement