Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donal74

Hi, I cannot get my wallbox car charge to work in eco model with my deye inverter. Any help appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Eco mode? as in it uses the excess solar to charge the car?

Its nothing to do with the Deye, Its all to do with the wall box. It likely just has a CT to monitor the grid and kicks in when you have 1.4kw export. but I have no experience with the wallbox

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭oaklands

If anyone here knows of a good RECI/Electrical contractor who has installed a Sunsynk inverter, please PM me the details.

Requirements are RC6 submission + Inverter install to code in an accessible indoor location. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭insular1

Due to frustration with my solis charge/discharge rates have decided to upgrade to a sunsync/deye. Have just read the entire thread and got some great info, thanks all. Couple of questions before I try to buy one.

For those who swapped out a solis inverter how straight forward is the swap, i.e. does the sunsynk use the same circular connectors as the Solis? If not are all connectors included with the sunsynk?

The other thing that annoys me with the Solis is the constant small draw from the grid. I have a large battery and good FIT rate so would rather have a constant small export if possible. From reading the thread it looks like this is possible with the sunsynk? Is this an easy setting to adjust? Thanks again!

Sunsynk has normal screw terminals for load, gen, grid. The plug should go with the solis.

Solis uses a meter for the grid. sunsynk comes with a CT but can also use a Different meter. The meter should go with the solis too.

The deye doesn't actually have external mc4 connectors, it has wago like lever connections internal. Sunsynk has external mc4.

I'm not sure of the battery terminals, but they may be different, but not hard to recrimp the proper size cable lugs.

Sunsynk/deye can only adjust to have more grid import, not negative. But I have had success with grounding one of the legs of the CT to earth which flipped the import to export. (It's connected as normal, but there is an extra wire going from one of the wires to ground, doesn't actually matter which one)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. Very useful info. Anyone have a good source to buy sunsynk/deye? Only sources I can find are UK based and I try to avoid that because I have been hit with tax a couple of times. Any EU sources? Or is there a way to buy from UK and have all taxes paid up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Mr Q

You could send to Northern Ireland for tax purposes and then collect it there, about 6 euro with Oohpod. But that could be a long way for you.

Sunsynk is UK/Ireland/south Africa/Aus/NZ

Deye is in Europe and the sellers on Alibaba aren't technically meant to sell to Ireland

I got one from lovsun, took 3 months to come (via train) there was others that air shipped it.

https://x.alibaba.com/AvD9Q3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Not sure if they still are but Rexel Energy Solutions used to do Sunsynk and could be got through Kellehers/CT electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭oaklands

I contacted rexel/kellehers this week and they said they are not doing them anymore (Focusing on Huawei brands) So now I am going the GB/NI route.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

BPE also look like rebadged Sunsynks

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Happy with my 5kw Deye, but I was wondering about my battery charging limit. According to the specs, it can charge at 120A. I've set max charge/discharge to 115A (DC breaker has a limit of 125A, so wanted it a little less). But in reality, I see it tap out at around 4950-5000w (~97A). It doesn't _look_ like my BMS is limiting the charge (5x 16s LiFePO4 batteries, 5kWh each). Anyone seen something similar? It's not a huge deal, but a couple of extra amps would be useful with the relatively short grid charging window I've got.

It's a 5kw inverter, only 5kw can leave the inverter. Power is voltage x current

If you were running 15s, you would pull more current.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Hi All,

I’ve taken the leap and ordered a Deye 8.8kw inverter to replace my Solis. There are a few reasons for this. The primary one is that I want to be able to charge my 40kwh battery fully during my short night window.

While I wait for the inverter to arrive, I’d like to purchase/upgrade cables and accessories so that I’m not trying to do it afterwards.

Here is what I’m thinking; I would like your thoughts.

1.    Replace my Projoy 125A disconnect with KETO 1 Battery Disconnector with 200A Fuses

2.    Upgrade my T-Fuse (between battery disconnect switch and LIVE) to 200A

3.    I have 35mm2 battery cable mostly, should I upgrade this to 70mm2?

a.    If so are lugs required for battery cable connect at the inverter end?

4.    My current RCB0 is 32A, should I upgrade this to 50A? (The inverter is connected to the board in my garage, which has a 63A main fuse in it). My consumer unit feeding this from the house is 80A.

5. The current cable from the inverter to the consumer unit (10-meter length) is 6mm2. Should I upgrade this?

6.    If upgrading the battery cable I’ll need lugs

7.    I can replace the existing CT with the one that comes with the Deye. The existing CT is wired into an Acrel ACR10R bidirectional energy meter. Should I change this?

8.    There is a Garo 45A meter (model GNM10) connected to the existing RCB0. Do I need to change this?

Anything else I’m missing?

For those of you that have the 8Kw do you charge your battery at the full 180/190A?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭allinthehead

3- definitely upgrade from 35mm, I have 50mm on my 5kw and the charge rate is about 100amps. They still get warm at this rate.

4- 40 amp will do for the rcbo.

5- personally I would prefer 10sq on a 40 amp rcbo, others may disagree. Fault loop impedance comes in to play here and how the cable is run ie. is it in insulation, trunking etc.

8- your Garo meter can be left in place.

☀️

Possibly 10mm to isolator and 6 from isolator. ?

CTs + meters should stay with the inverter,

But the extension wires can be reused

Would be fine, I do like to over engineer, especially if it's easy to run cables. 35 amps or so for hours will heat a 6sq if it's in insulation. The other benefit with using the 10sq is that you can get a proper 10sq earth to the batteries. I'd leave the existing 6sq earth in place and connect to the outside of the inverter.

☀️

Thanks for the details. On the 10sq, if I go to the electrical factors tomorrow am I just asked for 10sq twin and earth?

Any good online sources for the battery cable other than Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I can 100% guarantee you that the solis CT and meter is useless and can be removed, use the CT that comes with the deye.

• Advertisement

No, But you can get one if the CT isnt reliable enough. (but it uses an eastron one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Upgraded the RCBO to 40A and installed the 10sq (this cable is a workout in itself!). I'm planning to upgrade my battery cable to 50sq this weekend. That just leaves me waiting for the inverter to arrive.

Where did you order the sunsynk from?

From Alibaba, ordered Deye 8kw

Thanks, might go down the Alibaba route myself as I'm not in a rush. Was it from lovesun company linked earlier in the thread?

Yep Lovesun. Very professional to work with

I have the 5kw ecco, just wondering what temperatures the inverters are getting up to.

Mine displayed nearly 70 degrees recently while charging the batteries from the grid.

I have since put two small clip on fans, one pointed up from directly below and one pointed straight at the inverter. Reduced the temps displayed by almost 20 degrees.

Post edited by allinthehead on

☀️

Anybody feel like checking the app to help me out with above?

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭S'

For reference theseare mine but mine is a 8.8kW Deye

Advertisement