Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring employees

Options
  • 26-03-2020 10:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right section to put this but I've a question on hiring employees.

So, I know someone who is self-employed. They have been quite busy even accounting for the virus. They feel they can hire someone full time to assist them. They asked did I know how they do this correctly, I really don't know. What do you have to do? How do you set up with revenue? Set up a salary for the employee? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

timhenn wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right section to put this but I've a question on hiring employees.

So, I know someone who is self-employed. They have been quite busy even accounting for the virus. They feel they can hire someone full time to assist them. They asked did I know how they do this correctly, I really don't know. What do you have to do? How do you set up with revenue? Set up a salary for the employee? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/registration-of-employers-for-paye-purposes/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lucky10

I have to employ a person for the next year due to a medical condition (I am retired). I was told to register on ROS which I did completing the three steps for registration. Now I am in Limbo not knowing what next to do. Is there something else I have to do on ROS?? I have looked up Revenue web site for information but to no avail. All I want is the steps that I do next after registering for ROS. A query sent to ROS was of no value. I am afraid to buy payroll software yet as I don't know if just registering with ROS is enough. Any help greatly appreciated.

Lucky 7

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If its 1 person for 1 year, either hire them thru an agency, or get your accountant to do the payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lucky10

Thank you for your help, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Also, bear in mind you are legally required to give the employee a contract of employment, make sure it’s fixed term one of less than 12 months unless you want to run Into issues with UDA when you terminate employment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement