Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Don't see pockets either. Just Accounts, Cards & Crypto. Accounts only has my couple of currency accounts, no pockets/vaults in there either. Again just to be clear I'm talking about the desktop/browser version of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Where in the App do you check your reset date?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Profile> Your Plan> ATM withdrawals or Exchanges

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone applied for a credit card and managed to get a credit limit increase thereafter?

I repay mine in full each month, am on a pretty good salary with small mortgage. I have a much larger limit that they are offering me, got pre approved for a higher limit at another bank recently too.

Revolut are offering low limits ? Am just curious.

I never really go anywhere my current one, it's a bit of a safety net though.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

I've had an account since 2015 when they first launched here. I'm also on the Metal plan and my limits reset on the 3rd of each month, when the fee is due

• Advertisement

You could also upgrade to the Metal plan for a month as it gives 1% cashback outside EU and either none or really high exchange limits. The max cashback you can get is the value of your plan (Metal=€13.99), but still you'd be able to avail of the higher conversion rates then cancel when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭coil1985

ye that's a good plan actually. So then, its just a case of adding the virtual card to the Apple Wallet I assume and using Apple pay the same as you do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Deleted.

Post edited by coylemj on

Yep, should work grand. I'm not sure on how common contactless is over there though so get a physical card just in case and make sure mag stripe is turned on in card settings, again just in case!

Wont have time to order a physical card unfortunately. Im leaving on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Have the virtual card added to my apple wallet.

You should be grand. Apple shops defo take Apple Pay without limits

Have a new credit card number so thought I better update the payee details in my Revolut account.

Deleted the old one but now when I put in the details of new card in the first name of beneficiary and my surname in the surname field it's not accepting it.

Has anything changed ?

It's making me wonder if I should switch my credit card to them to make it easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Who is your CC provider? I added my BOI CC recently and BOI MASTERCARD was accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Funny, I had issues topping up my revolut with my credit card (PTSB Visa), but it did work when I used the same CC via Google Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭SodiumCooled

On the topic of CC's, I am thinking of changing my credit card from BOI to Revolut as BOI are really annoying me as they are simply unable to sort an issue with approving transactions after months of trying and I can't use the card online. In any case I use revolut for everyting so handy to have all in one place.

I guess this question is not really Revolut specific but how/when do I change CC without getting caught with paying the duty twice. I seem to remember when I changed in the past I was caught with two gov duty fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

When you close your BOI account they should send you a letter stating you have paid your government duty and closed the account, you can give that to Revolut who then shouldn't charge you the fees. I've to do the same.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Sorry is BOI.

Where in the payment field on the Revolut app did you put your card number so they can apply it?

I used to put in the first name field but now it won't accept it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You set up the payee as BOI MasterCard first of all. Then when you go to make a payment, you can input the card number in the reference field.

• Advertisement

Thanks but when I had it set up previously I had my BOI card number saved in the payee details so I didn't have to enter it each time.

Seems you can't enter it in the 'first name,' field anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you go to your last payment to your cc, you can select send again, or something like that, it will have the credit card reference number auto entered as the reference and you can then change the amount you want to pay.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I think you're possibly mistaken. If you were putting your card number in the payee field, the payment would not apply to your account. It's the reference field that the BOI system scrapes to know where to apply the payment.

Other banks generally let you have a default reference saved, so that you don't need to enter it each time, but revolut does not unfortunately.

As said, the easiest way is to go to the last time you made the payment and hit pay again or whatever it says, then just amend the amount to whatever you want to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭sector_000

Can anyone offer advice?

My wife is getting asked for more & more detailed financial documentation from Revolut. I have never experienced this level of documentation demands in the many accounts we have opened with other institutions over the last decade.

She's had Revolut for 5+ years. All fine. PAYE worker. Nothing out of the ordinary.

• Mid-Mar'23: Revolut must have asked for some documents & we sent them whatever they wanted. They then said "Thanks for verifying your income. We've finished reviewing your submission and everything is in order!"
    • Then sometime over the summer they "contacted you asking you to send us some up-to-date information". My wife isn't the most responsive on financial matters... she ignored it 🙄
    • Sep'23: they restricted her a/c, and asked for any 2 of the following:
      • 2 recent consecutive payslips showing ER name, EE name, period, and amounts
      • Recent bank statement confirming receipt of salary
      • Work contract dated & signed by ER & EE, stating duration of employment, salary &/or additional benefits
    • 6-Dec'23: again my missus is not the most responsive for financial matters... sort of falls to me to handle on her behalf.
      • I sent the payslips & bank statement. I chose Sept docs as that was our most recent joint current account statement.
    • 7-Dec'23: Revolut came back and asked now for:
      • Recent one full month payslip (with details as above)
      • Latest Tax Return Statement or Tax Declaration
      • Letter from your employer confirming your salary
      • Work contract (with details as above)

That strikes me as excessively intrusive.

Again... we've had nothing like this experience with any other financial institute. No even remotely in the same ballpark.

What are my wife's options?

Is there any value in complaining to the Financial Regulator??

Any advice appreciated.

No advice other than to add they can pretty much ask for whatever they want. You can send them the required info or don't use their services.

Although personally they asked for income verification and wanted to know the reason and source for every cent my partner ever sent me on Revolut. I went onto chat and said I wasn't willing to do that as it would take a long time and to be honest I couldn't remember anyway! They then lifted the restrictions on my account so it seems they can and do bypass some checks if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tmh106

I am having the exact same issue with Bank Of Ireland. Not thinking of switching to Revolut as my main credit card (yet), but interested to see others have the same problem. BOI service for issues like this is just awful. The (several) individual agents I've talked to have all been very pleasant to work with and as helpful as they could be, but at the end of the day the problem persists over a week now and their IT department does not seem to be able to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭SodiumCooled

I am with BOI for the CC only beccuase I was moved over from KBC so I've been having this issue since that happened in Spring. I rang multiple times since and always got the "everything is fine on our side off you go" type thing. I would then forget about it for a month or two only to try book a flight for work on it and remember I can't and go though the whole ringing again and back to square one.

Finally the last time I spoke I would say two months ago I got talking to someone who seemed more knowledgeable. I only have a business account with BOI (up to the CC being moved) and when I tried to setup the CC for online banking the person added it to be under the same log in as the business account. Apparently a personal card and a business current account wont operate correctly linked like this (though I've no issues with approvals on the business account). I got a dont call us we will call you to solve this though as what ever team needs to prepare or some other rubbish and I am still waiting for the "about two week backlog" over two months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That is correct but the charging date for the Govt. duty is changing to January 1 from 2024 so if you're switching provider at this time of the year, you'd be as well off to close the old account before the end of December and wait until January to open a new CC account. It would save you that red tape.

The old provider will charge you €22.50 (in lieu of April 1-Dec 31 2023) when you close the account, the new provider will charge you €30 (for the calendar year 2024) on January 1, 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Has anyone tried to close their Revolut credit card account? Doesn't seem to be any option to do this through the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I've never had one of those letters sent to me automatically. It has always been necessary to hound the bank to get it sent out.

Advertisement