Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Exactly. Its publicity for CAB who need to justify their existence (and high pay levels)... and its cheap filler for RTE.

The Gardai in particular (but also vaious other arms of the state) seems to have a long standing symbiotic relationship with RTE.... where they give RTE information about things that are of real public interest, but also leak stuff that might be beneficial only to themselves occasionally... and as part of the quid pro quo, RTE like an obedient puppy, runs with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Listened back to the extended pub opening hours piece.

Hazel Chu her usual self satisfied smug self - sniggering at certain points.

Ring was decent.

Public health impact assessment is required before going any further with these proposals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Hazell Chu - why is she still even a thing? Even her own party can't stand her.

Forgotten, but not gone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No surprise the gathering plugged the direct payment by the Govt. of the ‘licence fee’,was strongly supported by the gathering on the CB programme.

Shure we’ll fund them along so they can keep going with the same auld nepotism, ligging, side deals, overpayments,and nobody can lay a glove on us!!!

It’s our little fiefdom and we will make sure it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't know why you think she is forgotten.

She is still an active member of Dublin City Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭squonk

Claire doing her own Helen McEntee walkabout now!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Hope everyone is thinking of Katherine Thomas mother at this time, she was in Dublin before, sending prayers 👍😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭boardise

I heard the ''interview'/monologue with Ní Shé this morning -lashing out at all and sundry for their inadequacies but Byrne didn't challenge her on the palpable Garda failure to pick up intimations of the gathering storm on social media platforms (reporters could see them there early in the afternoon). Byrne is an abject interviewer -not a patch on Pat Kenny.

Jaysus, I thought Cahill was going to break down crying on the Katie Taylor ‘event this am.

Never heard a more inarticulate interview from Cahill who speaks in three word bursts and long pauses as he tries to

keep his foot in every camp.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Had a good laugh at that alright, Dessie didn't want to criticise Saint Katie but at same time thought she is taking the piss expecting the state/ GAA to partly fund her stash of dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Well I dont like to judge and know very little about it........... But if even RTE think your taking the piss.........

Hhe heh...subtle difference here Daithi, RTE couldn't give a flying fuuherk, but Cahill in fairness could see through the whole thing

as indeed anyone with half a brain could.

What made the interview worth commenting on was the 'verbal gymnastics' and 'staccato speak' Cahill employed to get his point across but desperately

trying not blow the chance of getting the free tickets to 'de partiee'.

The Furze fella got it first time.😆

• Registered Users Posts: 24,688 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Claire said "great pleasure to meet you" on signing off with a caller at 10:54

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

That rockape Eamon Ryan being interviewed now, talking through his hoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Why do they still wheel out that Daisy blogger pretending she's some sort of a DIY expert when she belongs in a montessori with a non toxic pritt stick and crepe paper and some glitter? She's totally clueless, totally clueless yet back every month to talk about cushion fluffing and sewing love hearts to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People in the drug community.

That's a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

It's who you're friends with connected to, that's how RTE works

Saw an ad for some nightclub looking for experienced ’ fluffers’ a while back.

Cushions must be the in thing now eh?

How times change……cushions in a night club..who would have thunk it?

• Advertisement

Typical Byrne programme this morning - several contributions on the 'immigrant issues' but not one of them as I heard it, from ordinary members of the Irish public with concerns.

Then a discussion on the rise of 'far right' in the EU, expert was a Brit who told us that Putin/Hungary was destabilising the EU and how terrible this is etc. The irony that his country had openly destabilised the EU in recent years seemed lost on him mostly, until the host gently hinted this, most likely as production crew were in her ear.

Wouldn’t surprise me. RTE are in overdrive to discredit anyone not 110% behind immigration. Pretty much like the government so they’re just doing their masters bidding. What happened the facility in Galway wasn’t right but this representatives who pointed out a sudden large influx of probe into a community who couldn’t be integrated readily and have nothing to do wouldn’t be a problem. Many of these pride need help and places to stay but going overboard painting any opposition as right wing deviants isn’t helping matters at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭RINO87

PBH in climate discussion shocker!! At least he is consistent I guess.

Good at calling out gov on missed targets too

Starting out my holidays this morning christmasfying the house and made the mistake of tuning in. Christ it sounds like three very boring people everyone in a pub would give a wide berth to. Climate change is important but I think people would like a break from it all for a few days. Surely they could have found better guests than these two. They sound like they need to put down the climate change bumpf and get out more. I’d hate to be stuck in a house for Christmas Day with any of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Did any of those climate change warriors reference the devastating effect war, and I mean all wars not just the Russia/Ukraine war have on the climate? and why hasn't there been concerted calls for a ceasefire there but there are daily calls for a ceasefire in Gaza, arms companies making billions selling weapons of destruction to whoever will take them

I know i should check my privilege, but anytime i hear pbh on the radio, I can't change the station quickly enough, it's a mixture of his smarmy voice and talking down to people,

Horrible ****€r

90 minutes in and you wouldn’t know it’s Christmas week. LIGHTEN UP FFS! I’d imagine it’s probably the last working day of the year for most so why not have and gun? Get some musicians in to play some tunes, get in a chef to talk about Christmas cooking, address one or two burning issues for an hour for sure but I otherwise leave it light and send people off with a pep in their step. What we got though is Climate Change, Electric Cars being a con, UEFA Superleague and, just for fun, Ireland’s aging population and managing it. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Switched on 5 minutes ago

A LONG advert for the upcoming BOC weekend Show with BOC himself on a blather.

Radio off again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

PBH is very knowledgeable about agriculture and food production; check out his book Basket Case if you see in on sale anywhere.

• Advertisement

Claire the Hair back in full flow today on her favourite subject.

Advertisement