Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I can't see him being paid off. He's there for the duration.

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kitsoff, Stewart, O'Toole, Henderson, O'Connor, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Doak, Burns, Stockade, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Your team or the team?

Personally would have Herring, Moore, Treadwell and Cooney starting. Happy with the rest.

And right on cue:

(15-9) Stewart Moore, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff, Tom Stewart, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (C), Dave Ewers, Nick Timoney, James McNabney.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Andrew Warwick, Marty Moore, Kieran Treadwell, Matty Rea, John Cooney, Jake Flannery, Mike Lowry.

Matty Rea over Sheridan. I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

Is Sheridan & Wilson the latest example of young players doing well and then just vanishing out of nowhere?

Continuing to pick Matty...He will never learn and now when it inevitably fails he'll get another go next week in order to not destroy his confidence meaning Ulster will have to put up with at least 2 weeks of this nonsense...

Wilson I can understand, he is very green and needs more URC under his belt before Europe.

But Rea over Sheridan defies all logic.

Post edited by awec on

I don't get that at all with Rea, but as I say there are a few selections I don't agree with.

That said there is decent impact from the bench.

But I don't get the non selection of Sheridan at all.

Worrying that its 14 minutes gone and Ulster are already in their "lets shoot ourselves in the foot" mood :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement

That's Ulster's saving grace, its more a reflection of how poor Bath are than anything good Ulster are doing.

Was only a matter of time, the only thing Ulster did well this half was no concede points but now that's gone. No threat at the breakdown, no scrum, line out muck...how do they expect to challenge anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

Great pass by Spencer but the space caused by the fear of Russell keeping 3 players in close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Needed that! Nice rub of the green. Not sure why Doak didn’t swing it back left. They had numbers on that side.

And out of nothing Ulster have a try and are 1 point behind. Bath are really nothing to write home about, how are they so high in the premiership!, if Ulster can pull their finger out they should be winning this.

Wow. Fab stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

Stockdale very strong there

**** me what a try from Ulster!!!! (hope to god the pass isnt forward).

Although the ulster play picked that up while off his feet if the ref was being ultra picky

Ulster are rugby's version of Ferrari pit wall in F1

• Advertisement

It's a shame Ulster's pack has pretty much checked out from doing anything of note today...

Its not even a great pack they are up against, if they cant even compete with this pack how do they plan to compete with any decent team in Europe?

Ref says no 3 times to Henderson and yet he still goes for the ball...beggers belief.

Ulster are already on the plane home, it's thanks to the fact that Bath are not very good that this is even still a contest but I suspect its only a matter of time before that changes.

At least Mattie Rea showed he's present on the field...by getting yellow carded.

He might end up on the losing team today but Henderson has been brilliant today. His tackle stats must be through the roof

And there's the score to end the contest, the Ulster players can now join their spirit's on the plane.

And then Flannery kicks it out on the full, just about sums up Ulster today. Disgrace of a performance bar the final 10 minutes of the first half.

They really are a gutless bunch, as soon as they face any adversity they check out, if that mediocre Bath pack was able to take them to the cleaners what hope do they have against anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Another second half implosion, embarrassing stuff! Got to feel for the likes of Henderson!

I'm sure kitshoff is wondering what he's signed up for.

When will the Ulster board say enough is enough and move on Dan? These no shows are just far too common now and predictable. You could tell even with being only 4 points down that this game was over with 20 minutes to play, once Bath finally backed themselves the scoreline reflected just how bad Ulster were today...

Pretty awful stuff. I can think of three players who put in an acceptable shift today (Henderson and the two centres). Other than that it was really terrible.

Even the two tries we scored come with a health warning, the first was a fluke and the second had at least one forward pass in it.

Who knows what comes next, but it doesn't look pretty.

It’s the same old story really. Capitulation.

McFarland is done with this team, we’re just having to endure misery until he’s gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'm shocked that Ulster couldn't turn this lot over.

Advertisement