Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The radio stations falling over themselves to cover the Shane MacGowan story today and talk about how great he was, while at the same time censoring his work cos it offends the likes of Eoghan McDermott .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was tracking the DPD driver on the little map on the website away. 19 stops away, then 10, down to 4 and I was ready to meet him outside

”sorry we missed you” is the next status??

Liers! I was watching out my window and the driver never entered our estate.

I know it’s busy in December and they are stressed but customers pay for this service. I guess skipped me as he didn’t fancy my heavy 26kg package and he needed to save time but I would have met him at the van. I am not going to a depot or collection point as I don’t drive

An Post super. DHL amazing. DPD lazy as hell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just threw an important bone marrow sample in the bin which was stupid. Fortunately, it had a lid so no damage save to my pride. Then, I spotted a very subtle yet ruinous software glitch and fixed it. Got the easy thing wrong and the hard thing right.

Roll on 5pm...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Paying my gas bill online. you fill in the account number and the address. there is a dropdown for country. Why this is needed at all is beyond me. To make it worse it doesn't have Ireland at the top of the list, it is just alphabetical. So you have to scroll down to pick ireland every time. I would give a junior developer a serious talking to if they produced something like that but a major company seem to think it is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Aldi till operators who dont seem to know the rules for change rounding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Can you hot-key "I" so the drop-down list at least jumps to the countries beginning with that?

Oh no, that might actually be convenient. they couldn't have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just spent approx 5 hours trying to fix a coding issue in a document. Finally discovered that the system didn't like my bullet points. FML My eyes are square now from looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Tasks that could and should be automated but are not, in a company that has 100s of software developers.

It's like having 100s of plumbers and paying them to fill up a endless baths of water by putting the water from the kitchen tap into a cup, and walking to the bath upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That you are endlessly washing your car in this sh1tty weather only to drive a few hundred yards only to have it all covered in sh1t again.

• Advertisement

The self-promoting vacuous gowl that is Vogue now bringing her housebound with her in a stage show.

Who are these shows for? Who actually goes to them? The Wine O' Clock gurl set??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

For people who buy stuff on the basis of its wrapper instead of its contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The obnoxious packaging for Suede's Autofiction (Deluxe Edition) released today

You have to rip the packaging to get the discs out

(Photo is not my copy but mine has been shipped by Amazon so should arrive by Sunday)

The Ugly Shoe trend really needs to just fcuk off and die at this stage. Platform, fleece-lined Crocs, like??? No, kindly fcuk right off.

Corporate image revamp bullsh1t.

Ptsb app stopped working, because they changed their corporate colours BS, deleted old app, loaded new app, forgot what password was. Got new temp password, changed password. Now still can't access it on phone. Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm more aghast with the leggings tucked into the mankiest white sports socks going.....at least the 80's had pretty legwarmers.....I've dumped better looking socks than what's on display!

I'm supposed to finish work at 4 on Fridays. Just got logged off there now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"You'll have to speak up."

Also, slouch socks were the biz. Tube/sport socks, on the other hand, are gross looking.

My TA is that I wanted to respond to your excellent Simpsons reference with a laughing emoji and Boards told me my post was one character too short. So now I have to post a whinge instead.

:D

• Advertisement

I have that exact towel. Didn't know I was so fashion forward.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That towel. It looks like the "gogram" of old, white goods gone grey after multiple washes, in which case I have many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had an almost perfect driving lesson on Tuesday eve, only to completely flunk my driving test today due to being a total bag of nerves. I’m drowning my sorrows this eve with St Omer beer and Roe & Co whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A US fast food / burger chain newish to here… Known for being pricey. Out shopping earlier and decided to give it a go…

one of the worst meals I’ve paid for…Not busy yet…. Fries way overdone, brown, tough and scaly, could see the people at a table near us who had the fortune of having golden coloured fries. Outside texture of ours like wood chipping

staff all ‘5 guys’ of them were having great craic with each other, all around about 19-24…. Hollering and laughing across tables of diners to one another… not setting the atmosphere for clients who just wanted to chill while enjoying a burger, good company, in a casual & relaxed environment …People at the table next to us were shaking their heads and bemused with the dipshits and their efforts to entertain each other in some sort of coyote ugly style loudmouth self serving & attention seeking jerkoff… cook nice food, serve nice food and clean the place. it’s not rocket science, nor is it about you, it’s about the customer ! Next time back to one of the reliables..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was making up a little hamper for somebody for Christmas.

I bought a little jar of seaweed sea salt.

I just noticed

Its out of date.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The new phone says it's going to take 4 hours to charge, sim card from the previous phone is behaving as badly with the new one as the old one. Customer service is offline and I would put money that I don't have the receipt anymore.

Laptop is slowing down at the start, so I assume it's going to die completely at an even worst possible time.

Ta at the timing of all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you've a load of stuff you've collected, that you could sell easily or give away and you just hold onto it, to avoid dealing with the more complex and important issues in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to access a particular and not often-used email, I tried to reset the password and kept writing it down wrong or taking a blurry phone photo of it.

In the meantime, I somehow changed the browser and now I'm locked out completely as the email doesn't recognise it! I could try to set up a new one but then I am hit with not being able to match the puzzle part of the criteria.

🙄🙄😤😤

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Either I’m hearing things or someone is knocking on my door in the middle of the night. When I say middle of the night I mean 5pm as Im only after getting up 😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A tiny paper cut, on the tip of my finger. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement