Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

that was good yeah .. running straight to Gary though and saying he was bunking off school? I dunno.

I think whilst george had him on his side with a little bit of not rushed persuasion I think Liam would have opened up to him about Mason ... less likely now though if he thinks george is immediately gonna go to Gary or liams mum now, he has kind of like lost his trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Simon’s mother was Lucy Barlow- her skin couldn’t have been paler

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The lad who plays Simon isn't black. His dad looks a bit like an Italian or Spanish maybe?

https://www.dreshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Alex-Bain-Parents-father-Peat-Bain-and-mother-Lucy-Bain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I hadn't noticed Tyrone missing but he (Alan Halsall) is on a break following ACL surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Regarding Simon.

My parents are both white Irish.

When I was in secondary school I used have dark curly hair and sort of dark skin one guy used called me Simon Barlow.

Another time in college a girl from Slovakia was told there was another foreigner in the class and she thought it was me.

• Advertisement

Not unsimilar (in the opposite) way to the guards having suspicions about a blond/pale faced boy that was a member of the Roma traveller community living in caravans somewhere near the M50 a few years ago - can’t remember if the child was taken into foster care etc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They film at least 6 weeks ahead, more at this time of year, so he won't be off screen yet.

yeah thats right , I stand corrected.

You know when Peter was with leanne though and he was a drunk I was pretty sure simon went off to find his mum and that she was black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ed's dad!

Could they have found a more irritating actor to join the long list of useless articles already occupying space on the street? Sean, Dev, etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Simon's real life dad has the looks of a Bond villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The Gemma storyline is such a load of B0110X. No way Social Service would do that in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

The Gemma storyline is boring now, they just keep rehashing the same thing with them. It's like they don't know what else to do with that family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

No she was a blonde florist that Peter was married to while also married to Shelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I thought she had four kids? Where are they all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭DT2016

I don’t like that Paul is being killed off I like his character I also like Bernie also. I wish Gemma, Cheney will go away for good I’m sick of there povo storyline and Billy also meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Dev can you just leave Coronation street already. You are just a terrible actor/character.

On the other hand, Hope is fast becoming the best actor on Corrie.

Bit ridiculous the Social worker interviewing Chesney in the Hospital with Jozef there. the quads seem to be great at staying upstairs and keeping quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭DT2016

Corrie is only on for 30 minutes Christmas Day that’s a shock for the first time since 1997

we’re still getting bonus episodes during Christmas week but still it’s Christmas Day as soap fan Christmas night is always me sitting down with my partner watching the soaps with leftover Christmas dinner, chocolate Kimberly etc ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

I remember reading something a few years ago about how they were regretting writing the quads in because every infant character needs two actors to avoid breaching labour laws or something like that so scenes with all 4 quads involved 8 babies on set and all the various parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭prunudo

The story lines are shockingly boring lately on both Corrie and Emmerdale. Neither show have anything to keep you hooked.

Think I'll be heading back over to Eastenders to see how the body on the floor storyline pans out from next week when I'm a celeb finishes up.

I got bored with so much of tonight, I would have done away with the storylines of:

Asha and her goth girlfriend,

the stupid part where evelyn throwing mint imperials to the thug abusing his dog,

anything with tyrones (ex) druggy mum in,

Anything to to with eliza at the moment, boring

the thing was good where Daniel saw the footage (but a bit repative him keep playing it over and over again) and I wanted him to rip into Ryan

I hate any of these scenes of Lauren and whatever she is up to (I dont care!)

and I hate scenes with Max and his girlfriend.

What has happened to the bully storyline?

I hate this Gemma and Chesney storyline (I hate them) especially gemma.

Apart from that its OK LOL

god, not much to like there!

think they will drag out the Daniel storyline until xmas day. I think its a good enough storyline. You could see Daniel's dilemma when he saw how good Daisy is with Bertie.

Gemma and Ches is head wrecking, surely it must be a major operation to mind those quads but they never seem to have problems with minders etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas schedule

Actually, one good point from last night is that Summer didn't appear 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What a mess they made of that character since her head change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Soo.. Daniel is going to become the new Stephen. Total personality transformation... sensitive meek mild mannered school teacher falls for bolshie barmaid with great rack.... loses bolshie barmaid to local stud, transforms into evil Svengali and exacts revenge on stud.

Every soap needs a bad guy. It's completely unrealistic and implausible, but it's been done slowly and delicately ..... I'm sold.

Hope Daniel now goes on to fear Simon will rat on him and decides to 'takes him out' and for no particular reason he also decides Weatherfield would be better off without Billy, Dev, Sean, Yaz and Michael too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Daniel was a bit mental when he first came into the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭prunudo

Its all going to flip on its head anyway, as Bethany is rumoured to be returning and he'll be the one who ends up cheating.

Post edited by prunudo on

Advertisement