Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cypress Hill & The Game, Ice Cube - High Rollers Tour 3Arena 9th December 2023

Options

Comments

• Not me anyway.

Growing up in a small town in the west of Ireland in the early 2000's this music was a huge part of my life. I mean I was white, middle class and went to a private school so the struggles in the hood were clearly so relatable.

As much as I love choice cuts like Black Sunday and Amerikas Most Wanted it's a studio sound that does not work live.

It could be any of us up there shouting.

I have tried to see many of my teenage heroes as an adult over the years years like Nas, Slick Rick and Mos Def and have always left extremely disappointed after seeing music I still genuinely love butchered by its creators.

Notable exceptions would be the Pharcyde and Jurassic Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Agree. I was a big fan of hip hop in the early 2000's but it really is the worst genre of music to see live. Especially in a venue as big as 3 arena. Although, Cyprus Hill have a tiny desk concert out on YouTube and thought they were brilliant on that.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They really overshot the venues in UK anyway (outside of London at least) tickets on buy one get one free and then after reduced to £25 tells the story. Despite that they still yearned for selling ludicrous packages which remained on sale.

You'd wonder how it's selling here, on that note we don't seem to get those kind of offers of encouragement here no matter how badly a gig is selling.

Would've liked to have seen Cypress Hill, they always seem to evade me but already had something booked when they announced so no need to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

There is 25euro tickets going around here as well.

Ah for the UK dates it was a different ticketing agency than TM, was it TM here? I thought only TM for 3arena shows. I did see €10 PFL MMA tickets via TM but only for cyber Monday alright just but nothing gigswise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Its a website called weticketit.com. dont think they are letting people sign up at the moment , but i get an email for free cinema tickets 3arena tickets etc the odd time or reduced ones like this one for 25. Can pm the link if wanted.

Cheers no it's fine thanks as above still got those other commitments, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I see the game is out, very poor to not even offer a like for like replacement or a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Game cancelled, is Cypress Hill another act then, I thought it was a combination thing.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anyone know stage times for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Doors open at 6pm I presume first act is on at 7.30 or 8 pm and the headliner probably 9.30.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭wandererz

2 tickets for tonight available if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Went to this on Thursday night whilst over in Manchester visiting relatives, it was fantastic!

D12 were on first, wasn't that bothered about them. Cypress Hill blew the roof off for an hour playing old stuff and finishing with a bit of House of Pain's Jump Around. Ice Cube then came on for nearly an hour and a half and was excellent.

A thoroughly enjoyable night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Last night was just as fantastic, just Cypress Hill & Ice Cube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

Saw cypress hill back in 1994 at the Feile in Thurles...RATM played the same day..........

Advertisement