Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/police-chief-raises-prospect-of-giving-officers-pay-rise-without-funding-secured/a1753966610.html

“The recently appointed police chief also vowed to start a new recruitment drive for officers in April, despite the PSNI’s financial difficulties.”

Id say there will be some movement soon then for this campaign too.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

What would the 7% pay rise mean for salary and NITA?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thehills4

That would take the starting salary up to around 32,500 for the first 2.5 years

With overtime that would be alright

Also, remember your salary increases annually for the first 7 years of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Not quite.

Your payscale from when you start will not increase until you've completed 2 years after attestation.

TThen it is meant to be annual increases upon anniversary of your attestation date but DoJ has been delaying this process since around 2020....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Is it not a bit strange them saying they're looking to start a new campaign in April and bar a handful of our group, there's been nothing. It seems a bit strange to me that with a recruitment drive being mentioned there was no mention of progressing the existing campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

I didn’t get the impression they meant a new campaign; think it’s just CC’s phrasing of getting officers in

Even if this campaign was exhausted to the extent of previous ones e.g. (2020 campaign - only 59% of candidates on merit list made it to GV) there would still be a shortfall of 4-500 officers. So a second campaign is definitely needed.

Yeah I think if they exhaust the list and the ball begins to roll re executive return and money flows, they will need another campaign to keep it rolling.

• Advertisement

Yeh, and what makes the most sense to me would be to simultaneously launch a new campaign and start to get people from this one into GV and then they could find themselves having a solid number of months/year(s) of people going into GV. Which would be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Does anyone know if NITA applies when in garnverville

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

Yes, it's from day 1 as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Chief Constable doing a press conference today

How do you know and where can I watch it? Probably just on the data breach report but hopefully mentions recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

it might be in response to the data breach report which is in the news today....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

You’re right it was just on data breach.

hoped he’d have mentioned something or been asked about his statement the other day but unfortunately not

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-northern-ireland-67684163

Nothing positive to take from today unfortunately. £2.5b if dup goes back into stormont but our rates have to go up 15%. £1b to be set aside for psni claims, a chunk to be used to pay back over spend and then £1b to be used for public services...can't say I feel very optimistic anymore about progressing into the psni. Jeffery Donaldson still not putting timelines on a possible return either. If anyone seen anything positive that I've missed, please let us know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Rumours are Chief con wanting to recruit 400 new officers next year..

@Si_zx10r where are you seeing about the 1bn for data breach? I’ve only seen that the 2.5bn is for public services, nothing on PSNI specifically. Police Fed said they hope funding for transforming PSNI and dealing with deficiencies from the data breach are dealt with by money from Westminster direct.

@ynwa_17 Where did you hear that? That would be good seeing as it’s what they initially said about our campaign in 2021 lol

• Advertisement

@Si_zx10r Is that a lump sum for the DUP going back into Stormont? And if so, would that mean the PSNI get the money you talked about as well as their new budget in April which will finally be allowed to change and increase because there is a government?

Hi psnaye2023, it was on the news, they were discussing how it would be used. Over half the psni staff are taking action against the psni for the data breach, the psni are also offering all officers and staff a one off £500 payment for security improvements in their home. Fingers crossed they do go ahead with recruiting but everything on the news is doom and gloom.

It's part of the funding deal, dup must go into stormont before it is given. The downside of getting it is homeowners are going to pay for it with a 15% increase in rates lol effectively the tax payer is going to fit the bill, they are offering money but it will all be paid back by us. Madness all that is going on at the minute with cost of everything, feel like I work to pay the government these days.

Saw online somewhere that over 100 current serving officers have requested early retirement due to the data leak and also some are starting to apply for the Australian Police. Dark times for the PSNI but even more of a reason / urgency to get the ball rolling with this campaign and future ones. It is all down to politics now.

In fairness Ozzie police is tempting if you’ve no real ties here

Id melt in the heat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Back for a nosey ... its been a while

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thehills4

Hi rookie how's things on the inside I know you have went through what we are all experiencing with this drive

It’s my understanding that a deal has been done. So buckle up and get ready for a shift in gears going forward…

• Advertisement

Yeh, apparently they are going back in on Monday 18/12

Advertisement