Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭duck.duck.go

You are welcome to point at examples of me excusing murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

Apology accepted.

I am curious too.It is/was a dreadful look but I can't say why it happened or even if there is an "official" explanation yet.

Generally I try to get my information from Mainstream media sources that employ people who answer these questions for a living.

I haven't seen this discussed yet although it is a story on the front page of both BBC and CNN's online edition.

War is not acceptable in the first place but it seems to be a sine qua non of progress or regress in the times we are in.

In this conflict it is impossible to say who instigated the latest rounds of fighting and it is also unclear what the picture will look like after the smoke as cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

I understand where you are coming from 1000%. And I'm sure that you understand what I was trying to say too. I've worked in many Countries, and it's the same in every one of them. Even in Russia, same thing most are trying to live as best they can. The biggest problem for them is where's the money is coming from to pay the next bill, and there is no social welfare to fall back on. But in all the Countries that I've worked in, they have one common denominator, corruption.

I was offered a job in Jerusalem at one point, and it was a dream come through. Then my visa application was refused, because I was Irish, and would be crossing between Israel and Syria, and they had enough Irish on the heights. (at least that's what I was told. But I still want to go there. And just like you, pick a fresh orange off the branch, and eat it, the cooking, smells the Bazaar's. To walk streets that St. Paul walked. And friendship, when they invite you into their homes. It's a different world, and impossible to describe.

That's a load of nothing post.

Aresholes each side and disgusting humans. It takes a lot to get me angry, but I'm angry.

Horrible people and they should be sanctioned. Genocidal ****. All in the name of not going to jail. 10s of thousands of people dead for arrogance.

It's a war crime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Do you remember a few posts back when I said to you that "words matter"? Be careful what you write.

In the words you quoted, I see nothing that was said that "denies rape". I'd agree that the language is perhaps flippant, but I'm not hanging anyone for language that I wouldn't particularly use myself.

Here's another thing I'll tell you. The first casualty of war is the truth. I'm sure many here have seen the phrase used. And it is the truth. I would be very careful about my sources of information - in fairness, the BBC would be top of the list - but read the BBC reports - they are very careful with their language.

And just because posters here aren't rowing in 100% behind you and your outrage on rape, does not mean that the posters are not outraged. You appear to be outraged about one part of this conflict. There are many parts of this conflict that are outrageous.

See - you don't like it do you?

Show me where I excused rape or murder:

You said "You and few others are bending backwards awfully hard to excuse mass rape and murder despite multiple evidence provided of a massive campaign of rape by Hamas"

I liked your post, as much as I can with rape.

I try my hardest to be honest, but feck me with a chainsaw, I just don't understand.

I'm not an emotive guy, but this is hitting me hard. There is too many dishonest posts. I think there are shills here.

• Advertisement

I think you are right. There are some here are are selectively outraged when this whole thing is outrageous. Shills even. Its hard to watch - both sides.

I have sympathy for both sides. I abhor what the Israelis have done. I abhor what Hamas have done. I imagine that some of my Israeli friends would abhor what Israel has done. Someone previously mentioned the Hannibal Directive. I'd suggest a read of that. For a nation to even contemplate doing what the Directive required, it indicates how difficult the political nature of the region is and has been for years.

I lived there (really, I did). I had a 7th floor apartment overlooking the Med in Ashkelon - FYI, its where Samson came from (he of Delilah fame). I'd go the beach at the weekend - not a soul for hundreds of meters. Pure bliss. I had talked with herself - just last year - about going back for a holiday for a few weeks. She was never there. I wanted to show her how amazing Israel is. The history, the beauty, the people. But the Israel of today is not what it was for me...

Oh, the Palestinian carpenter, I can guarantee he barely had a pot to piss in. He asked me to come to his home in Gaza to see his three daughters. I never did. I do wonder where he and has family are right now. And I wonder if my Israeli friends are OK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

The point I was making about Russia was that before mad Vlad stole the presidency in Russia, Russians and Ukrainians got on fine together, and I was using that to make the point that most Palestinians and Israelis got on fine too. Until someone stirs the pot. The Balkans were the same under Tito, but when he died, that finished it. I've met Serbs, from Serbia, Croats from Croatia and Bosniaks from Bosnia, all of them with the letters JNA tattooed on the knuckles of their hand. J= Jugoslavia, N= Nacional. A= Armija, or Jugoslavia Nacional Armija. Yet after Tito's death, they were at each other's throats. Again, stirred up by a handful of people, and millions died.

The Palestinians I met in Syria, even the ones born there, had a special passport, classifying them as Palestinian refugees which really limited their ability to travel anywhere. They could not get Syrian passports, because they were told, if you are given another passport, you can never return to Palestine.

As for the reluctance of Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon etc to take Palestinian refugees, historically when they did take them in the past, they caused the existing governments many problems. Generally, they stirred up lots of trouble trying to overthrow the existing leaderships. But check it out. It's very interesting.

As for the Israelis, they also claim Palestine as an ancient right, " the Land God gave to me", and having survived Hitlers attempt to exterminate them, for everyone who says the Palestinians have right's, they answer where were our rights when Hitler was killing us? Men Women and Children?

Both of us have lived in that part of the world, and what happened thousands of years ago, is still alive today. You know that too.

I don't have the answer to this situation. There's enough rights and wrongs to go around both sides.

I apologise. So many posts that are dishonest. I just want the world to be cool.

I've mentioned my thoughts on religion. That's my belief or absolutely non belief. No issues with believers. Just be cool.

Talking crap now

I'm in full agreement with that - in Israel, my friends and colleagues said the same. There were a few Jewish extremists that stirred the pot and made life difficult for everyone. They still do. I've only the one Palestinian acquaintance - I had no Arabic and he had no English or Hebrew (I could speak a tiny bit of Hebrew). But I'd imagine he would say the same about the extremists in Gaza and further afield. These were people who wanted a quiet life, to grow old, feel the sun on their skin and enjoy their favourite tipple with friends. I guess living in Ireland for 35+ years, I want the same but am prepared to accept that sun on my skin is limited to maybe a couple of weeks a year. And here's the thing - Ireland has been through many troubles. Solutions were found. There is peace here. The Israelis and the Palestinians would give their eye teeth for that. I wish they could have it. I continue to wish it or them.

The same for the people you met on your travels too. Travel certainly broadens the mind and if you have the notion to read up on local politics etc. you soon find that what you see in mainstream media is not the full story.

Yes - I did read an article only recently that the Palestinians kicked off in Egypt and caused a whole lot of trouble. I've no doubt they did it elsewhere too. I was born in the UK - when I first came here, I couldn't believe the history. Famine, the rising, independence and so on. Never taught in the UK (though I accept it probably wasn't a mainstream topic). I still have rows with my family over their continuing ignorance of the history between Ireland and the UK. Though in fairness, friends I have had over have loved the place and have a genuine interest in hearing a history they were never taught.

I read the news and I'm still not hearing anyone coming out with anything that gives any hope in resolving the issue of Israel and the Palestinians, let alone the wider middle east. And yes, rights and wrongs on both sides. We shall live in hope however and trust a solution will come.

I genuinely hope that at some point, I will be able to return to the Port of Jaffa and have dinner and a drink with friends on the huge stone walls protecting the harbour and overlooking the Med as the sun goes down. Sun on my skin...

I figured something was not quite right there but you weren't being a gobsh*te - so no need to apologise.

It certainly shows, to me anyhow, that we have a good, safe and stable life here in Ireland in comparison. Yes, it would be some world if the biggest scandal anywhere was just a few dodgy politicians and some skangers on the take.

Religion has a lot to answer for... I have a faith, not a religion. And no, I don't believe in God. I believe in something far bigger... But the history of Jerusalem and the shock I got on the Via Dolorosa was genuinely impactful - but only from the historical perspective.

“Religion has a lot to answer for”

Agreed. Organised religion has been an absolute curse on mankind. The sooner its consigned to the dustbin of history, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

So Israel says 61% of deaths in Gaza are civilians.. And the numbers given say that around 61% of deaths are women and children. That means Israel simply views every Gazan man to be a member of Hamas. Is it any wonder there are so many deaths.

It is beyond my understanding of the world that people can support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't know if this has been posted before but it needs traction.

Earlier this month the Israelis introduced a practise of forcing palestinians who have legal work permits for Israel to all wear number tags.

They were detained for 3 days some have obvious and hideous open wounds.

The tags have numbers.

These workers CANNOT be hamas they are allowed to work in Israel they are from the west bank and they cannot be criminals they would never have been released.

They still have their work permits they were not revoked. Israel is expecting all palestinians in Israel to wear them.

Bear in mind this started a month ago. Its only going viral online now. It was deliberately silenced.

This is genocide.

This has been fact checked

ITS TRUE

• Advertisement

Hamas is not an army it is the equivalent of Sinn Fein the equivalent of the IRA is the AL QASSAM brigades. And no they certainly do not. Al Qassam brigades have no access to aid. The Al Qassam brigades are said to have about 50,000 members. Normal rank and file hamas do not know who they are. Much like the normal rank and file of SF are never quite sure who the IRA might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Advisor to Netanyahu on the humiliation of prisoners

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Many of the Photos do appear to have been faked and as of yet the IDF has not confirmed a single sexual assault on that day.

Am I denying ? No. Denial is too strong a word.

All I am saying is we dont know what happened on that day.

However we know that IDF tanks arrived hours later after the attack and shani louk was still alive as she was pictured next one. This picture mysteriously got lost. This means she was alive HOURS after the attack first happened.

Also the pictures of her in the truck appear to have been doctored.

Look closely at the men in the truck at the pic online.

In the first picture they are wearing boots. The second picture they are wearing sandals??

Also they are not wearing balaclavas. Al Qassam brigades always wear balaclavas like the IRA. Hamas however like Sinn fein go about with plain clothes. These men are showing their faces. They have changed outfits in the second photo. Not to mention that the legs of the poor girl are obviously photoshopped.

Al Qassam dont show their faces they have uniforms and they dont wear SANDALS.. in a combat zone?? why the fake photo? Also the legs of shani were proven to be photoshopped and the real position revealed. Its obv an entirely fake photo.

Manufactoring consent requires dehumanization. What better way to do this than accuse someone of heinous things.

THIS IS WHAT AL QASSAM look BELOW like they ALWAYS wear balaclavas LIKE YOU KNOW THE IRA .. and every palestinian LOOKING at the guys in that truck will know THEY CANT BE AL QASSAM ... why would they show their faces?? Now either they are RANDOM palestinians who just HAPPENED to change their shoes for a second picture in the truck?? Or ..its a stitch up.

THINK WE ARE IRISH

SINN FEIN = HAMAS

AL QASSAM = IRA =BALACLAVAS

Post edited by ILoveYourVibes on

Can we not distinguish between Al Qassam and Hamas? I mean we are IRISH .. if the yanks started to call sinn fein the ira or vice versa we would laugh.

Secondly the IDF have not confirmed any rapes. And as I showed above there is altered photos. I mean come on ..

Also you know the IDF has an official policy to rape arab women in some regiments?? In Israel palestinian prisoners are regularly raped and tortured. I mean they make palestinians wear number tags now!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

You must have missed the link to an elderly Gazan lady saying exactly that on AJ no less. Aid is taken into the tunnels.

That wasnt what she was saying. It was fake subtitles. Native speakers have corrected it.

You wont fool the irish.

And since you dont even know the difference between Al Qassam and Hamas maybe do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭duck.duck.go

The journalists from BBC, CNN, New York Times, Washington post, guardian (links on previous page) must be all wrong 😏

The lengths some go to excuse the inexcusable is staggering

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Feel free to point out where I wasn't honest; the contention from @end of the road was "Rape is policy of the IDF." Not proved. The key word is 'policy.' Like, there's a book somewhere given to IDF trainees on how to rape.

You can't. Because EOTR's position is dishonest.

I asked EOTR to provide examples after it said "Many, many...". So far, nothing. And EOTR, if you followed the abortion thread, has lots of prior art showing it to be, politely put, economical with the truth.

HTH

For those who say there was mass rape on OCt 7 i think you need to realize the IDF has not confirmed a single case of rape and no woman went to a rape crisis centre nor had swaps. Strange.

Oh and one woman make the most accusations was found out to be a facist who has said over and over that she is proud to be racist. It kind of discredits her to me.

• Advertisement

And they retracted it. Besides can you trust she is not paid to say it?

Why know Israel lied about 40 beheaded babied about the rapes. We know Israel shot its own people on the day and most of the damage done was done by Israeli weapons.

We know Israel has bombed and killed some of its own hostages rather than neogtiate.

They make palestinians with legal work permits wear NUMBER TAGS in ISRAEL starting a month ago.

I dont trust a word out of an Israeli spokesperson's mouth.

They are taking vengeance for their grandparents. Not for anything else. And it needs to be stopped.

Advertisement