Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selecting payment option for Local Property Tax (LPT) 2024

Options
  • 09-12-2023 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

Have just been looking at the letter that has come in from Revenue regarding paying the LPT for 2024.

I wish to pay with one single payment in full for the year. If you make a single cash payment through a Payment Service Provider e.g. An Post / Payzone is it necessary to go online and select a payment option at revenue.ie?

Maybe it’s just the way I am reading it, I am a little confused whether or not I need to go online, log into the online portal to select a payment option for paying in one single payment?  Or does that only apply to people who wish to pay via phased payment options such as direct debit, deduction at source, regular cash payments etc.? Or is it for all payment methods.

I spoke to a friend who told me they always pay a full single payment at the Post Office and have never logged in online to the LPT portal to advise a payment method. He has never heard anything back about it from Revenue.

I understand the requirement to advise them online in advance if you want to make phased payments etc, but is it really necessary for one single payment? Just keep the receipt from the post office.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement