Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

They have now ordered 2.3m people into the only safe zone in Gaza which is 3.3km long smaller than London airport- it is pure evil - worse than anything in our history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

And we all know what happens to safe zones in Gaza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Are you suggesting that you fully support the Israelis mass-murdering innocent civilians? And post a satellite image of the mass grave? Would that please you in some way?

You had asked a while back for me to show a post where you excused murder... I think you've just nailed it.

Now, you show me a post where I have excused murder or rape or any other atrocity. Quid pro quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭duck.duck.go

I pointed out that these people are being allowed to work and support their families and we get fake outrage over plastic tags (which not been verified by BBC or any other respected media) while we get several posts of excusing Hamas rape campaign

Unlike the Hamas allies in Russia who would have just killed them and thrown them into mass graves that you could see from space, as they have done

But if you want to make up **** 💩 go for it

You have stated, multiple times, that posters (including me) are excusing rape and murder. You stated that Hamas had a policy on rape. You provided no evidence when challenged. You have accused one poster of being a rape denier - with not a shred of evidence.

Own your posts, own your words. Point out where I have made "stuff" up (other than me asking you to go get your big boy pants on - you could be 40 for all I know). Point out all the posts excusing murder and rape.

Or continue to live in your own little bubble and echo chamber, throwing insults and accusations out to anyone who doesn't conform to your point of view and row in with your own outrage. All without evidence or corroboration.

I suspect you'll continue to do the above - but I'd be delighted if you proved me wrong.

• Advertisement

You’ve asked for evidence of Hamas sympathisers excusing mass rape, there are several examples higher up worthy of mental gymnastics Olympic medal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Pretty obvious they are just rounding any male up now.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Am I denying ? No. Denial is too strong a word.

goes on to post basically denials about everything!

• Advertisement

I don't see any eamples.

Be brave and quote the posts of Hamas sympathisers excusing mass rape. If there are several examples, it won't take you too long.

You might also quote my posts where I made stuff up. I'm still waiting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

Any place where there are arrests made, those arrested are searched, and that includes Ireland. You think that the Guardai arrest someone, take them to the station book them and put them in a cell without searching them? The point that you are trying to make is that what happened in Gaza does not happen in Ireland. Believe me, if the situation in Gaza was replicated here in Ireland the very same thing would happen. You have seen the most recent vid where the IDF again rounded Palestinians or if you like, suspected Hamas members, held them at gunpoint, told them to strip, and in this particular video, one Palestinian held up his rifle. Which begs the question, how many of the rest of them managed to get rid of their weapons? Or do you believe that only one of them was armed??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,753 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Garda do not strip people to their underwear and make them kneel on the street. Doesn't happen.

Frisked and if necessary strip searched at the station and clothes taken for forensics if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Why are these photos being taken by the IDF at all and uploaded to social media? The best guess would be to boost Israeli morale and to humiliate Palestinians.

Incidentally, the regime committed one identifiable war crime with the photos this week: admits that some of the men were released and were therefore not Hamas members. Therefore, innocent civilians were detained, stripped to their underwear and their photos plastered all over social media.....a clear breach of the Geneva Convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,753 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There's a hell of a lot of bluffing on this thread. People stating things as being true when they know in their heart and soul that they're not. Very disingenuous to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

How do you know they're not Hamas members in advance? Because that's what you're claiming.

As for why the images were posted, well, I can see it as an intimidation tactic too. It's wartime.

If you think that IDF military training is bad, Google "Dedovschina", what Russian conscripts go through. it got so bad one time with the Nr of suicides that Russian Mothers formed a society / movement to protest and demand changes, but Putin banned it, and tagged the mothers as enemy agents. But I believe that a similar movement has now started, not protesting against the war, but about soldiers not being released when their contract is up or they are due to be rotated out of the battle zones.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Even if the incident happened as the IDF claim (which numerous people query), the uploading of the photos and videos onto social media is heading straight into war crimes territory. Regime spokesmen literally admitted that some of the men were subsequently released, meaning the IDF uploaded photos and videos of identifiable innocent civilians stripped to their underwear and forced to kneel on the ground with their hands tied behind their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 spudrick

They’ve been assassinating journalists from day one. There’s no greater threat to Israel than more people being exposed to the truth rather than their propaganda.

And you actually believe that a suspected combatant gets detained and is told to strip naked before they are told to disarm. No army in the world or even police force does that, the first thing they do is disarm them. Why would a camera crew be at the scene and film a guy surrendering his weapon and then film the exact same thing again unless it was done for the cameras ?

Have you considered the IDF might just be rounding males up, stripping them naked and then give one of them a rifle to show every one on the TV the enemy is surrendering.

Have you noticed what is in his hands, it was filmed twice ? It's a wonder some guy never popped up with a cipboard shouting " take 2 "

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement

Depends on what you mean "Cool"? Is it a question that asks am I happy with and agree with what is shown in the video? No, I'm not, and in fact you could say that I'm definitely unhappy with not only this war between Israel and Palestine, but ALL wars, everywhere. Largely because I've seen too many of them and what they do to people. There was a video posted showing children /young adults stripped to their underwear, at gunpoint. It's generated a lot of discussion. Is it just Israeli propaganda? Is it true? I do not know for sure, but one thing that I do know is that these things do happen in war, and not just for propaganda either. And that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I just wanted to put some info out that no matter what side of this you are on might be of interest to us historically as Irish people. Or well just out of curiousity.

We all know Balfour. In Ireland of course we know him as 'THE BALFOUR BUTCHER' the man who ordered the mitchelstown massacre of the peaceful unarmed rent strikers. Or sometimes he is better known as Bloody Balfour. He is better known in Cork where the mitchelstown massacre took place. There were many such events as he was well known for brutality in putting down any peaceful civil disobedience. He is HATED in cork.

It was Balfour and Churchill who created the black and tans. (amongst others). It is this Balfour that the Balfour declaration is named after as it is his, Bloody balfour. Around this time the Black and tans were fightin the IRA in Ireland. Or well let us be honest they were not interested in the IRA more like killing the Irish civilians of Cork and Dublin it seemed more like. But after independance /partition guess where Balfour /Churchill sent them? To Palestine?

A couple of years before this. A man had graduated from Uni and started to preach at the Ibrahim Ibn Adham Mosque and possibly at al-Mansuri, a smaller mosque south of Ibn Adham, closer to the port. He took a job teaching in a school. And then things changed. In 1922 the Black and Tans were sent over to Palestine. And it was 1948 when they left. And during that time that man who preached in the mosque fought them and the french fources in all of the levant for all he was worth. And he formed groups of followers around him. He fought Balfour the black and tans AND the French.

And that man was called Din Al Qassam. He quickly formed a force called the Al Qassam Brigades. And those Al Qassam brigades fought the same Balfour and Black and Tans that butchered our grandparents.

And give or take a few reformations they are the same Al Qassam Brigades that are fighting now. They are the militant wing of the better known Hamas.

And today I found something.

I found a marriage cert in Arabic from 1928. From the levant. Palestine to be precise. It has the stamps of the govt of palestine. It refers to two palestinian citizens who wish to be married. In islam I think its called the nikkah. And guess who is the cleric who signed it?

Izz Ad Din Al Qassam. This man fought against the the black and tans. Half the world away from us. And the French. Sometimes at the same time. He died in 1935 in quite mythical circumstances. He founded the AL QASSAM brigades. That is his signature. For better or worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izz_ad-Din_al-Qassam

More about the Black and Tans and Palestine here. https://www.theirishstory.com/2020/02/20/the-black-and-tans-in-palestine-irish-connections-to-the-palestine-police-1922-1948/

The tans were OVERWHELMINGLY BRITISH AND PROTESTANT. And quite possibly Irish people and Palestinians today are the only ones today who through family tales might know how bad they were.

I just thought it was historically interesting to both sides really. Whatever side you are on and whatever you make of it. All history now.

But the Al Qassam brigades themselves are older than Israel.

It's going to turn into a disaster this lads.

- Camille Paglia

This thread is about the Israeli / Hamas war, and not about what happens here in Ireland in peace time. But if war comes to Ireland, do you think that it would be any different? But at least you admit that people arrested here in Ireland are searched, strip searched, and their clothes taken for forensics. So, like I said, its common practice. Exactly what the Israeli's are doing, but in a war zone, and dealing with large groups of people at a time. So yes, they make them strip down to their underwear, make them kneel or lie down with their hands on their heads. But unlike the Guardai, they are not dealing with just 1, 2, 3 or 4 drunken and unarmed individuals, (yet) with good support and back up. They do not have the time for the niceties of a peaceful and civilized society like Ireland has.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

All during this time I have asked myself this.

Hamas = Sinn Fein And Al Qassam = the IRA.

Do the IDF look like they are searching for the IRA? Or do they simply look like they are terrorizing the civilians?

When you want to smash the IRA you need SPIES not to flatten cities. Rubble is easy to hide in.

I think the disaster is what they want and nothing more. They dont care about Hamas/Al Qassam. They want to destroy palestine/west bank/gaza/the palestinians. Or damage their society so hard they cant function. And then they want war with lebanon and Iran.

Not all Israelis of course. But well. The current regime. I dont hold all Israelis responsible for this crazy regime.

But the IDF are the black and tans ... only worse. It honestly doesnt even LOOK like they have been trained in counter terrorism at all does it?

Al Qassam brigades have something like at least AT LEAST 50,000 members. They are organized like the IRA many groups who have NO idea who the others are. 20k people have been killed and they do NOT look like Al Qassam. They are women and kids. So what the heck is going on?

And they keep saying they are TARGETING HAMAS ??? Hamas is Sinn Fein which is why they have photos of themselves all over. Al Qassam dont show their faces. But they have lots of Hamas deaths. But that doesnt mean anything they are just the FACE. They are not getting the machinery. And maybe they are even allowing food in for Al Qassam. Because they sure as hell are firing rockets still. Something aint right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I love vibes is angry that Hamas aren't wearing their dress uniforms to fight it seems.

Easy to be angry about that when you arent the one having to wash them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

How many high intensity wars, where suicide bombings are a common feature have the guards been involved In?

• Advertisement

Breaches of the Geneva Conventions .....sure they are in breach of the conventions, and I'd say that when all of the breaches of the GVA Conventions by both sides are added up, taking pics of people without their permission, will be pretty far down the list. But nonetheless, as you say, it's still a breach of the conventions. As to why they do it? Propaganda? Souvenirs? (Hey look at what I did in the war) I don't know, but its war, and normal decent behavior goes out the window.

Advertisement