Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,789 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Of course not, but other option do the Israeli's have. Just let Hamas on their merry way launching missiles and carrying out attacks.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

These men are not hamas. And they are certainly not the al qassam brigades. They are acting like neither. There is a AL QASSAM protocol for when you are captured. This is not it. There would be messages to camera a wink .. a finger. I left this here ..that there. Very dangerous to let that happen. Those men are harmless.

In fact many have been identified as UN workers. And I can PROMISE you if they were the IDF wouldnt be filming them. Why give crucial info online as to where and who has been captured? Silly silly. Predators dont do that. The circus does.

And still you excuse the Israeli Arabs having to wear number tags?

Also why suddenly has the numbers of IDF soldiers being killed shot up?? (and no i dont think hamas has a chance to win) i just think its strange. And no I dont laugh or get joy from IDF soldiers dying.

These IDF tiktoks ... these are not the real predators ... imagine giving your position away?? These are the clowns. I cant see the real predators. That is the whole idea of being a predator. Radio silence.

It's time for Egypt to set up camps with food. Water, tents in Sinai, where Hamas can't steal the food from the people or force them to remain in combat zones.

Egypt, let the people through.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know what this thread is about thanks. It was another poster who introduced the topic of strip searching and was called out on it. You agreed with her obviously without reading the previous posts. I know exactly what happens as I have a cousin who is a skipper in the ERU, who I rang to ask, and he rubbished that poster's claim. Prisoners are disarmed, handcuffed and frisk searched before being taken to a station. Can be strip searched at the station. They are never stripped to their underwear and made kneel on the road or street. Never in all his years was this done or is it policy. He said that Amnesty and Civil Liberties would be all over that in this day and age. We are not in a War or War Zone here.

Matter ended.

• Advertisement

You need to ask Suvi as she was adamant it happened here. Never happened here.

They have the option to not bomb civilians. Especially in areas that you have sent them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Tony Blair had his reputation absolutely shredded after being exposed as a war criminal. Israel can by all means go down this route, but it means they are also doing extraordinary reputational damage to themselves in the process - they will be regarded as a terrorist state for the next couple of decades at least (outside their usual far right supporters).

Isnt it ?? Al Qassam was historically a FASCINATING character he seems to be the better sides of both DeValera and Collins only in ONE. Intellectual and strategic like Dev but down to earth and practical like collins.

I had just been reading about him and how the Al Qassam brigades started in the 20s when i found this marriage contract from his days as a muslim cleric and was shocked to see it on twitter such a find!

He is legendary in Israeli history too. Israeli historian Tom Segev has called him 'the Arab Joseph Trumpeldor'.

He envisioned a MODERN form of Islam. He was actually quite liberal. As an Iman he preached to the common man he would go out to farms etc.He worked against the Ottomon empire the french empire and the british empire and the Italians and later against zionism until he died in 1935. He fought every invador of the levant no matter the religion.

Al-Qassam concentrated his activities on the lower classes, setting up a night school for casual labourers. His greatest following came from the landless ex-tenant farmers drifting into Haifa from the Upper Galilee where purchases of agricultural land by the Jewish National Fund and Hebrew labour policies excluding Arabs had dispossessed many of their traditional livelihoods. Al-Qassam grew increasingly popular with northern Palestine's poorer Muslims and was frequently sought out to preach. Palestinians /Arabs were not allowed to buy land. And had little money to do so. The Jewish national fund was funded by many western govts.

He was appointed the marriage registrar at the sharia court where this cert i believe came from. By the mid 1920s he had already organized military groups against the british. They started to sabotage British built railway lines. He managed to intercept a cache of arms sent from Belgium for the haganah (jewish/israeli) militia. There was a huge Arab revolt against the British and he refused to surrender dying in a cave in Jabad.

3000 mourners came to his funeral. Mostly from the peasant class. The British were surprised as they had no idea how popular he was nor what his name or followers would become.

He didnt just fight the Israelis (at that time the haganah militia) he fought the Ottoman Empire , the Italians , the French and mostly the British/balfour. He actually BARELY fought the Haganah. Israel only became a state in 1948. Long after he was dead. But his reputation and name and the groups he formed became the Al Qassam brigades.

Members of his movement were known as Qassamiyun. And there is a rocket that bears his name that the AL Qassam uses. Its called the Qassam rocket.

He died long before Israel was a state though. He died four years before ww2 even happened. And palestinians were even fighting then for freedom and independance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No doubt Bibi would love the Palestinians to go to Egypt. That probably was his plan all along . Have you any proof Hamas are stealing the aid? If Hamas are forcing people to remain in the Combat zone how have so many people managed to escape from Khan Younis to Rafah and other places in the south?

• Advertisement

That is called manufactoring consent for evil. Hamas /Al Qassam are no worse than the IRA. What would have happened if the UK had... oh well they did have internment camps.

Consent cant be manufactored for this. Pretty much because the details keep getting worse and worse. Also the IDF are the terrorists. And the Occupiers.

Egypt can't take 2 million refugees. Not unless the west is willing to bankroll it and it solves nothing. Another hamas would start up in egypt and launch an attack at israel from egypt. After this how can the palestinians forgive? And there is still what is going on in the west bank.

Sure do it ..but the west has to fund it. And it only kicks the can down the line. And you still have the iran /lebanon issue. The whole region is going up in flames. Ah good British colonialism it truly is the gift that keeps on giving. We still have partition here and all those problems. I mean from India to kurdistan ( all the countries kurdistan is now divided into) .. to the levant. All for power and oil and the rest. The bloody balfour butcher indeed.

Great posts and you actually do know your stuff. Enjoyed reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

I will tell you what I believe. When any army manages to capture a number of "Rebels", (insert your conflict of choice) from a safe distance, they will tell them to disarm and take off their jackets, ammo pouches etc and depending on the conditions everything else as well. And that does happen. Then they will be told to move away from their clothes, weapons etc, and then individually, they will be searched by one or more soldiers, with guns always pointed at them. Only after this has happened will they be secured and placed in a group. And only when all this has been done will they examine the clothes, weapons etc. Thats how it's done.

Is it just Israeli propaganda or not? It could well be, but I don't really know for sure. Much is being made of the change of the gun from left to right hand (or vice versa). Look at where he is standing in the crowd, with the rifle held above his head. Next, he is seen holding the rifle in his other hand. But this time he is away from the crowd, standing barefoot in what looks like very dangerous ground, littered in metal fragments. It's not impossible to think that he changed hands to give himself better balance walking into the rough ground barefoot.??? Anyway, time will tell

Its cool because its rare something can be interesting for every side!

'' time will tell ''?? We'll not hear another word about it.

Why is there two films the second one with the gun in the opposite hand? And was both posted on official Israel spokesperson accounts before they deleted it??? Why were the israelis editing it?

To me you say drop your gun walk away. You dont say walk over here with your gun .. that is madness. Any person with guns or army experience would see through this.

Indeed. Subjugation often breeds men like that. I must follow up on all of this as it's very interesting.

In way Al Qassam is still fighting the British I mean they are still sending weapons to Israel. Its still the old foe.

There was trouble when they left nearly every place they held.

• Advertisement

And your last sentence says it all, better than I could. Quote " We are not in a War or War Zone here." Tayto, that's what I have been telling you all the time. Dublin, Ireland is not Gaza, Palestine. Now ask your cousin to ask his ERU skipper friend, does he think that is happening in Gaza or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭suvigirl

And yet you know it was the ERU involved.....😉

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@duck.duck.go do not post in this thread again

I know it didn't happen at all. You made it up to try to strengthen your post. But it failed miserably.

It was about it happening here in Ireland as you should know if you bothered to read the thread.

I wouldn't be too sure about that Tayto, the Truth has a way of surfacing, and propaganda is a two way street,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I think that illness and injury will come to the fore in the coming weeks. Illness due to poor sanitation, lack of water. Injuries that cannot be treated because of lack of medical supplies and facilities. All worsened because of hunger. Nutrition is critical to stave off illness and recover from injury. The "safe zone" Israel has designated has no facilities for food/water and no shelter.

Yes, this looks grim. God help them.

If you find out more post it I would love to know more and I have been trying to find memorabilia and documents etc.

The IRA and Hamas are about as far apart as one can get .

Hamas are not something that Europeans have seen for probably centuries.

• Advertisement

Honestly I just recently talking to a Kurdish man from Turkey. I still have to read about the Mark Sykes and Francois Picot agreement. It is so complex!

Advertisement