Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Price Increases [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads the Lidl stuff I'd ask if people could send that over to the CCPC

That kind of shít needs to be stamped out. With the Turkey's being the same from last year but with a 25% increase and the 25% 'reduction' on the Whole Goose. They don't act on individual cases but they may take enforcement action with repeated complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

You’d want to be off your trolley to pay “full price” ever for Pringles. They’re literally always on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭beachhead

Not worth more than e1.50 any time

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Fresh juices increase in Lidl (Apple and Orange 1L) from around 1.60 to 2.00e now.... was buying them for ages I think they were around 1.39 before covid

Yes stuff like this was always very competitively priced in the likes of aldi and Lidl. Not so anymore and Now if you’re savvy you can get offers on more premium brands in the mainstream supermarkets for similar or not much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

SuperValu signature yoghurts used to be 39c then 49c up to 65c and now 79c. Nothing has changed apart from the costs they will tell us involved in production.

their water as well gone up 1.39 for a 5 litre to 1.45

I haven’t keep strict observations but nearly sure that treat snacks that people buy for the weekends are more often than not on some sort of discount for bulkier purchases. Then come Fridays often no offer on them and prices bumped up.

Milk prices have been much lower this year for farmers (was at peak almost 70c per litre ex farm now down to more like 35c)- someone is taking the absolute piss along the food chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Tirlan/Glanbia/Avonmore milk price to farmers has dropped by 20 cent per litre this year since January.

Milk retailers (super valu) dropped their price from 2.19 to 2.09 (own brand) in July and has remained there since. Price for the farmer was 33cpl in July.

Tirlan/Avonmore 2litres is €2.59 in SuperValu, farmer gets 66c to supply those 2 litres. Farmer and customers getting royally screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Farmer is getting an extra 3 cent per litre roughly, compared December 2020. Milk cost in shops has gone up significantly more.

Edit: cost of producing milk has gone up considerably more since then, price of manure went crazy due to Ukraine war, cost of making silage goes up every year by the contractor. Anyone who says farmers don’t need grants, don’t have a clue.

Post edited by barneygumble99 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I find Lidl Ice creams to be the best, their Cornettos and Magnums are much nicer than HB.

Been a desperate year for farming- prices collapsed. Input costs sky high.

Consumers been rode senseless at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Svalu is such a pith the only local supermarket

I often go in with small change for a few things and have to give something back cos the prices are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 25,198 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bbq sauce 500g was 75c two years ago, now 1.29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Prices still increasing in Aldi,

Brannans Carved Turkey Slices were €1.99 today, were €1.79 just a week or two ago. Ham was up again as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Apple Juice and Orange Juice up from 1.69 and 1.79 respectively to 1.99 in Lidl.

Long gone are the days of Lidl/Aldi offering discount pricing.

1.69 for the equivalent juices in Dunnes, and there are 5 off 25 (or 10 off 50) vouchers available there.

The food is also increasingly inedible in general

I getting to the stage I don't eat as much as I used cos the food is all 90% mank

Absolutely- if you’re using a dunnes voucher you can get circa 25% off the price you pay plus whatever offers might be on. You can get a premium brand for not a lot more. I buy a few bits in Lidl and Aldi but definitely not a main shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭beachhead

Anyone notice that Lidl is charging different prices in different branches.Start the ball rolling with their 20 pack branded catfood.e6.69 in branch nearest me and next one is 6.75 Maybe they want to play guess how much you'll pay at the till game.Will be watching for more variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭crayon80

Yes, I saw that with coffee . Something like €1.99 in one store but €2.19 in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Anyone going into LIDL today, they have started trying it on like tesco.

On the app, you get jacobs afternoon tea and jacobs choc kimberley 2 for 1. or BOGOF. But the choc kimberley is obscured behind the afternnon tea on the photo so hard to work out.

Instore, they have a range of Jacobs piled together and people at the till are arriving with other items from the range and are getting charged full price for both. Not sure it is accidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Is that the boxeor just packets of biscuits cheers 🤔🤔

Svalu are notorious for that

Special offer on something 500g

Shelf stacked with same product 600g

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭chrisd2019

A lot of Lidl app offers are like this, need to check the item number at the bottom of the offer page against that on the display sticker. Of course Lidl have made this more difficult with their micro text on labels! Am not slow myself to refuse an item at the till if the computer says no!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Shauna677

The tins, they were flying off the shelves when i was in there this afternoon. 6 tins per customer. In fact the chocolate kimberleys were completely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭crayon80

Today's.

Potatoes are 4kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lidl gone everybit as bad as tesco or supervalu.

There is a market for a new discount retailer. Because neither lidl or aldi provide that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,198 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco Bicarbonate Soda 200g was ?? now €1.50, Tesco UK says 65p, yet Aldi is 59c for same product

Absolutely- they’ve taken all the bad habits of the old ones- dunnes are the best retailer in my opinion- they’re very honest on pricing, I never encounter “mistakes” on the bill and seem in tune with what people want.

We badly need a big retailer like say Asda to come in and put the skids under them all. They’re all far too cozy and in time with each other. Musgraves would do anything anti customer if they thought they could get away with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,868 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Asda are in financial difficulties and are exceptionally unlikely to enter the market if they even survive

Basically they were bought out with borrowing secured against the company, which almost never has a positive outcome. The owners have just sold their KFC outlets to raise cash.

Advertisement