Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

I would say still a little high but not too much. Next month they are 4 Yr olds and maybe should be valued at around 18k but depends of course on mileage as low mileage ones might be worth 1k more. Allowing for dealer margin/cost of any refurb/added warranty cost I think you can add on 2k which brings it up to 20k - 21k asking. Just my thoughts- I have no expertise in this. I think ID3 prices will be under further pressure with the arrival of cheaper new EVS later in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Thanks. Im debating now or wait a few weeks into mid january

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

What kind of max charging speeds do you all see? No matter what weather conditions, how long in to a drive, and using pretty much every different charger in Ireland I've never seen our ID3 go above 52kw! Getting annoying now on longer spins considering my 6 year old 28kw Ioniq can pull that speed off and be more efficient on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I have always got 100kW+ after 2hrs of driving (Cork-Dublin). Mainly Ionity, but I've seen it on the eCars charger in Manor Stone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

How many 100kW+ chargers are there in Dublin for example.

plugshare.com and filter on charge speed will show you where all those chargers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JC 3.14159

An insurance-related thing that may be relevant to other ID.3 owners:

I auto-renewed with Liberty a couple of months ago, assuming that the terms would carry over from the previous year. I did scan the renewal info but didn't see any significant changes listed. When the Insurance Cert arrived, they had dropped 'Open Drive' from the policy (i.e. any other driver can drive my car as long as they are 25-70, EU/UK licensed, and have my permission)

The change wasn't listed in the 'Important information regarding significant changes to your policy terms and conditions' section, but they had shown a 'No' against Open Drive further down in the document. Buyer beware etc, but I was a bit annoyed about this - to me something like this is a significant change which could easily catch someone out, and it should be clearly spelled out that the renewal offer is not actually for the same terms.

Anyhow after a few phone calls they now tell me that 'Open Drive' is no longer offered on the ID.3 because "the underwriters have decided so".

Just something to be aware of, I find Open Drive useful to have for visitors etc. I went with Zurich now instead for similar money, who had no issues offering Open Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

134 kw on the tour in France in the summer time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 spudrick

I just got back from a 2 week holiday, so the car’s been sitting idle for a little while. Drove home fine then went to plug it in and the flap is completely jammed. A bit of googling suggested just repeatedly pressing it while locking and unlocking but that did nothing, it’s just stuck hard.

Has anyone had this? I guess it would be a bad idea to try and pry it open and I should just be calling the dealer tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

You can try the open - close repeat to see if you can get the actuator to move- is it clicking ?

After that leave the car locked for at least 10 mins to go into deep sleep.

Phil did need to get his removed by the dealer at one stage.

These things are very frustrating ..

May be worth ringing vw assist- they will send the AA out, they may have more luck- and could flat bed to dealer for a quicker fix if it’s under warranty.

They will ask you to lock it for at least 10 mins to let it go to sleep, seems to fix a lot of gremlins.

Is there a manual release in the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Put the car in drive, move a few inches, and put it back into park. This prompts the charge port door to unlock for when you get out of the car.

It has gotten stuck on my Born a few times. Well actually it's not getting stuck, the locking mechanism just isn't doing anything so it stays locked and the key fob doesn't do anything to unlock it either. I could see the charge port light on behind the door.

The cable in the boot is a manual release for the charger cable itself.

On my old ice golf it was the flap. Gave me trouble in that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,290 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah I had to get mine removed, literally the dealer had to physically break the flap off.

Waited ages then for a new one to come in.

I tried all the tricks above, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 spudrick

Thank you! That fixed it. Wish I'd thought of trying it before I went to bed 😂

A few of us have had that issue. Its a warranty fix and since it has happened to you once it will only get worse from here so if I were you I'd book it in for replacement now before it leaves you stranded somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

One is a year older.

Grey one has odd alloys and is only a 145hp car- high miles - no privacy glass, but looks to be on 3.2

White one is for sale a long time -

The ad isn’t great for info, may not have 3.2, may have a pan roof or not, may have matrix- listed as xenon but defo not xenon ..lower km’s…no mention of service history as it’s past it’s service date.

If they don’t have matrix I wouldn’t go near either - and definitely not a 145hp car ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭vicM

Matrix LEDs are good to have, i wouldn't be advising people to avoid a car if they lack Matrix headlights. The Ordinary LEDs on the ID cars are good enough for most. Having said that I would be looking for Matrix LEDs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

I think the white one is well specced - I think it is overpriced when you consider it's going into its 4th year next year. That being said all ID3s' are overpriced and prices I think will have to reduce significantly to get them shifting in 2024. Also I didn't notice anything on tyre condition- expensive to replace if needed.

Ye- 20k

The ones to watch are the first plus or the better spec'd ones that came after like the business (maybe even the style). Without wanting to repeat myself those higher spec models all came with matrix, if its got matrix(front light bar) its also got things like a pan roof, rear light animation, ski hatch, alloy wheels, parking camera etc.. extras I would rather have than not, when spending the same amount of money.

I am not advising you to choose a low spec over a high spec car but in the long term it may be easier to sell a full fat 204hp (nicer drive too) and have the benefit of the extras. Someone asked a similar question a month or two back about a low spec life or dx...they took the opinions here on board and got the highest space tech for around the same money. @Ev fan made a good point on the tyres, at 60k they should have been replaced, that's €800 you would need to spend, and no service history given for that car..and possibly not on 3.2, good bargaining tools provided it passes an inspection that it (edit typo) hasn't been crashed..

Happy hunting ..there is good value out there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

VW have updated the ID3 price list, had a quick look, and still just the 2 variants available, but price has been cut by a few grand, now, €37k (58kWh) €42k (77 kWh) incl delivery.

i also noticed LED lights now appear to be standard on both, it was a 2 grand option up to recently, and metallic is at zero, which was between €700 & €900 previously.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my24/ID3_MY24.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

19kwh for €5k isn’t to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Almost back to 2021 pricing except that Travel Assist and Matrix LED are now options on the 77 (but no 5 seat option with the big battery).

Good spot @fafy - I paid €41,200 for the T5 back in July of 2021- (wasn't delivered till June 2022, and got a good trade in on the wife's Zoe considering it only had 22kw charging, not that ac43 would be any use now).

They have had to move to stay competitive, I'll be retiring out the i3 in a year or two and honestly have no idea what I'd replace it with, these BYD machines also seems like good options...who would have thought there would be so much choice and good second hand options. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Unless the 77 is an extremely well specced model it will struggle to sell at 42k, its up against the ID4 at that price point

Is the low 40s ID4 77kwh? And 204bhp? Or is it the lower sized battery and power?

Advertisement