Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's 5 or 6 hours long so I'd wait until the sale starts (I got it in the last sale). 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That sale info is for the American store wonder will the UK and Irish have all of these reduced too. Start date seems to be Thursday 21st so two weeks to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Thanks for posting this. Young lad is looking for Sonic Superstars but I am not seeing it digitally available on the .ie store. Any idea why this is? or am I not searching correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You have to use the UK site for digital games. The prices will switch to Euro after logging into your account.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried your suggestion but not getting anywhere. Is anyone else seeing this issue for this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I used the link sniper_samurai put up and there's no issue I can see I'm afraid.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Ok. Something on my end so. Many thanks for the help folks.

Edit: cookies issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'd get it physical. Much much cheaper. And you get a nice box, nicer as a gift, and can trade it or sell it or share it. Nintendo digital is a rip off.

If you've already purchased it digital ... well good to know for next time.

40 quid physical Smyths at the moment

No arguments with regards to cost. We lean towards digital as there have been occurrences of toys/stuff going missing or getting lost so opting for digital prevents us having to deal with meltdowns/tears etc.

• Advertisement

True. The Switch cartridges are easily lost. I'm like the librarian for switch game carts here. They can check one out at a time. 😁 We do have digital games, but I only get them when they're cheap and not for the first party Nintendo games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

How does the nogravity thing work ? code a key with free game but not sure how to use it ?

Started yesterday. I assume the code is for the free pirates game in the newsletter.

In the eshop, choose "Redeem" on the side menu and put in the code.

The first actual game in the sequence was yesterday (Nonogram Prophesy).

The second game is today (Creepy Tales 2).

New third party digital sale started today. I expect the first party stuff will be on sale next week?

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is 2.99 which is great value for an extremely polished platformer.

The final level is just ridiculously hard though and you can attempt it any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Everybody 1-2 Switch reduced to €12 in Smyths. Lots of stock around the country.

It didn't get great reviews (currently at 56 on Metacritic), but you might get your money's worth if you're looking for a party game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Picked up Scribblenauts Mega pack from the eshop for €2.99 yesterday (on offer til the 14th) played it for a few hours with my kids so far and they are really enjoying it. We only played a bit of one of the two games in the pack.

The premise of the game is there are all these scenarios that you need to solve by typing in a word to create an object that helps the person/situation. For example, there is a scenario where there is a bored boy and you have to give him something to entertain him. It's interesting to see there ideas for problem solving some of the things. Technically not suitable for kids because you could type in "gun" etc, but generally its fine.

My kids are in preschool and early national school (learning to read) to give a context of who it might be suitable for. The older one can read, but her spelling probably isn't good enough to play on here own. The younger one can't read, but she is well able to offer suggestions to solve the scenarios

For people without kids, its ok, probably worth €2.99, but I'm not sure its worth your time! I wouldn't be bothered playing it without the kids. Maybe it gets harder as it goes on so it would be more of a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sounds perfect for the youngest who is 6 and just starting to get confident with her reading, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It includes the DC themed game as well.

We had to import that from Australia for the WiiU, on its release, the only PAL territory that got it

I picked that up too. Poor Aussies got shoddy cases.

I just got "You Suck at Parking" from Smyth's for 12.99 on Switch. Saw a brief review on SwitchUp YouTube channel (interesting games we've been playing or something) and it has a 9/10 Steam score.

(Trying to link but get some weird error).

Not deep by any means but a good fun puzzley game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Outer Worlds is only c. €11.40 on CD Keys:

Stardew valley for €3.81 on south africa eshop ! Hurry valid till midnight !!

Sniper Elite 2 remastered, and 3 and 4 are all under a tenner at the moment in the eshop, enjoyable 3rd person games in my opinion, and I'm a sucker for the slow motion x-ray bullet cam.

New "Blockbuster Sale" starts today in the eshop.

Check your wishlist, dekudeals page, or favourite Nintendo youtube channels for the best deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Of course No Man's Sky goes on sale for cheaper a couple of days after I bought it 😂. At least I went for the physical version or I'd be very annoyed

Is it possible to buy from Chile these days?

Don't think so, @xckjoo

I think most South American countries (apart from Brazil) are difficult to purchase from.

Powerwash Simulator is €12.99 in Smyths (usually €25).

Doesn't get much cheaper than €20 in the eshop.

Code in a box though, so bear that in mind.

I think it would be a good game to wind down with in bed!

PowerWash Simulator Nintendo Switch (Code in Box) | Smyths Toys Ireland

• Advertisement

Monster Hunter Rise is about 17 stg on Amazon. Have no idea about the MH series, but that seems good value for a Switch physical game.

Advertisement