Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I used to mishear I don’t feel like dancing from the scissor sisters. I thought the line was I’m gonna tear the hole that makes you mine, when actually it’s I’m gonna tell the whole world that you’re mine !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was feeling down the last couple of days so decided to watch a laurel and hardy film I hadn't seen "night owls" there's a scene in it where the two lads are meowing like cats In a bush, cue me roaring with laughter 😂😂 I love their films so much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got told to leave the house I was living in last March. Landlord didn't like me complaining about cockroaches and he wanted to move in someone he knew who would do free jobs. 

There was a lad there who was months behind on the rent so I got the heave since the landlord thought he could recover the arrears off the other lad.

Basically, I might be the first Irishman in history to get evicted for being up to date with his rent.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

My dad used to have this and other older classics on TV when growing up so i got to see most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I know, I know blasting the government and departments is widespread and maybe I did it myself on boards.ie 🫣

I sent a query and some documents to the Revenue Commissioners on a Sunday night and I got a reply by email and signed & stamped documents and everything I needed by 11:00 Monday morning

Anytime I telephoned ok there might be a queue but they were helpful and sound.

Bualadh Bos for the Revenue Commissioners. For me fantastic service and hard working staff 👏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

A lovely chat and cuppa with my aunt who's undergoing treatment for cancer. Enjoyed every topic. Love listening to older people's stories 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Revenue are always on the ball, no messing around with them at all.

I'm happy that I'm in much better form than yesterday, it felt like end of the world was nigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you can't be arsed drinking alcohol. And avoid all the crap that follows on from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The John Creedon Show on Radio 1.

It's like having a proper music head in your life without that music head being an obnoxious bore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Going digital detox for Christmas, so I bought some books from a local doggie charity shop to read instead.

I got two thick books by very well-known authors and picked out two shorter ones to store in my bag for trips.

Got all of that for three euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bbc2 used to show oldies on Saturday afternoons, L&H , Harold Lloyd , Abbot and Costello . I loved them growing up .

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

That pays off the next day when you're feeling fresh while all the other people who ever drinking are in bits.

My dad had them on VHS growing up, but would come across them now and again on TV. I remember one particular Abbot and Costello, and it's the Jack and The Beanstalk that springs to my mind.

EDIT: Just checked and it's on Youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Stuck in bed with a rotten flu and my little dog won’t leave my side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭4Ad

Snowdrops up in my garden...seems very early, but thrilled to see them !!

Post edited by 4Ad on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Next April I'm off to the USA to see friends in the Houston area, and we plan to head out west past Austin or San Antonio to see the total solar eclipse on the 8th. As we feared, finding accommodation in the area is already extremely tight e.g. we saw one place asking $2,000 a night. 4-hour drives each way, on the same day, is a tough sell. But we managed to find what looks like decent accommodation at a decent price, close enough so that it's only a short drive to the middle of the eclipse totality zone. It's on a lake, so we decided to make it a 4-day trip, we'll try and hire a boat for a couple of hours and go for a little cruise too. I'll be sure to get the Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower in the fridge. 🍺

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Sitting on a bench at the lake this lunchtime, watching a young family unpacking their car and kids to decamp themselves into their Christmas rental(which has a stunning view)

Even with a whiney toddler worried about Santa not knowing their new address, parents looked relieved and care free, long may it last.

The loud and excited chatter coming from the back room of a local homelessness support shop, when a randomer brings in six boxes of food in time for their distribution to ppl in need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My cousin sent me some Henderson’s Relish, a delicious Yorkshire/Sheffield condiment that has always been challenging to get in Ireland… delicious with all meats, veg, well with everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished watching Fraiser over the weekend, seasons 1 -11, what a fantastic show, my favorite scene is from this episode in season 2, the matchmaker

1:13

"Now niles I didn't ask Tom to dinner so he'd end up all night talking to you in the kitchen, there are others who would like to have a crack at him"

🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

There's a village near me that the uk authorities keep spelling wrong. TH is everywhere , some mystery painter has corrected it on road signs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wolves being released into the wilderness.

They are beautiful, I hope they're left alone and thrive.

While conservationists have hailed the move, ranchers and some in rural communities have been sceptical - saying the wolves could put livestock, wildlife and pets at risk.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Horrible evening out, but I am back indoors, warm and cosy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got through here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hope you got some fire wood for the inconvenience!

My almost teen grandson said he doesn’t know what he wants as a Christmas present from me but his father has pointed me in the right direction and I’ve got exactly what he wants but was afraid it was too expensive to request. Can’t wait to see his reaction and I know it’s value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went into dublin to see the christmas lights and was very impressed. The gpo and the bank of ireland on college green look fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's the other half's present sorted.

Someone is going to be a very happy camper indeed 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thank goodness for charity bag packers today in supermarket chaos 👏

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Lost a stone in weight from stress. My clothes don't fit me 😀

Advertisement