Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any interest in my 126660 James Cameron? First owner a minor Irish celebrity and professional saturation diver (he didn't use my watch for that as he already had a 116660 Cameron), I bought directly from him pretty much exactly 3 years ago.

Full set from 2019, so another year Rolex warranty left. One identical to mine sold last week on adverts for €15.5k, which was strong money (these days). Looking for a more sensible €14.5k myself. The watch is not advertised anywhere yet. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

Worth linking to that add, one selling at 15.5 when you are looking for 14.5 would really give the buyers a boost on here of which I am sure they will be many.

Unfortunately, adverts.ie now remove sold ads. Which is a complete pain as it removes a useful reference. It sounded a bit optimistic to me, but appears legit, I was in contact with a prospective buyer who missed out, but subsequently got one brand new from the AD!

List is €14,670 now, so must be the first year that you can get one second hand below list. Apart from the earlier 116660 model though with the small lugs, which is a few grand cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Google "126660 James Cameron adverts" and it's the first hit.

If I try share the link it just goes to Adverts home but Google the above and you can view the sold ad.

I think sold ads remain viewable in the sellers histories through the app (not on the website).

• Advertisement

https://www.adverts.ie/32207331

so…..it was sold elsewhere at a price that’s not known….and that seller is a dealer.

So yeah 15.5k it sold for…. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭scwazrh

The days of Rolex being as good as liquid cash are over unless your willing to take a hit on the price.I was looking at trading my 41mm Wimbledon DJ and 41mm OP towards a Pepsi.I was offered €15k for the two .You wouldn’t want to need cash in a hurry out of a watch.

Current prices are 10600 for date just and €6500 for OP so €17k , which is what I was expecting.Pepsi are still €19k ish and even if I got the €17k I’m not sure if the Pepsi is worth it .But I’ve been yapping about a Pepsi since they were at €15k and now the talk of them being discontinued has me a bit more eager to move on one.

15k against a retail of 17k ain’t terrible. Only terrible when you look at a short 2 year period out of the last 40 years.

Jubilee or oyster Pepsi?

• Advertisement

One on TZ today for £11000 , obviously uk postage hassle applies but if I was interested in one a cheap flight across and a f2f would be the way to go .€14500 looks optimistic Unkle

Yeah it could be worse and it was only a quick what’s app to a trader in Dublin who is known for low ball offers when buying.I would expect to get retail if I sell .Seems wrong though to move two watches that at worst have a small loss below retail and trade into a watch that is 80% over retail.But if it discontinues it will go the same way as the hulk .

Has to be jubilee on a Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I disagree, only the Steinhart divers sell fast but not their other models

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Saw that and also noticed the relatively quick reduction too. About €12.5k plus either your flights or VAT (other options are available 😉) Seems to be a lack of buyers at the moment, more noticeable on TZ than here as stuff usually finds it's price and shifts quicker there than Irish sites.

Ah of course it is. I'm not under pressure, so no need for any fire sale on my side. Haven't even bothered to put up any ads. Pretty bad for people who are selling though. If they bought Rolex sport in the last 3 years or so, they will likely lose money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do the experts here think they can see a time when I could buy a decent midsized quartz Seamaster 300m for under £1k?

Most seem to up around the £1500 to £1800 mark recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

You'd do well I'd say. I picked up a lovely Goldeneye full-size example few years ago for 1450. Box with papers. I think you'd be looking at north of that now. The mid size doesn't seem to go much cheaper. Probably rarer as less would have been sold

I picked up a full size Seamaster professional automatic for €975. That was in 2017 though and it took me a very long time to get one at that price. People talk about the watch market being down, and for sure it is compared to the silly peak of last year, but prices are still at least double what they were just 6-7 years ago for many popular luxury sports watches like Omegas and Rolex

Look hard on the likes of TZ and you might pick one up for £1200-1300. Why midsize though, have you very small wrists? The seamaster 41 doesn't wear all that big. I would try both on before deciding which to go for.

Good you’ve no pressure, the seller of the one on TZ seems to be eager to move , he’s dropping the price by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He's after dropping the price again. Odd that the usual Hoover's over there aren't buying. Well odd if you believe that it's value. There's been a few discussions over there recently on softness in the market. There's a thread about luxury goods overproduction, mentioning Richmond destroying old stock and Porsche's even other than Taycan sitting unsold.

• Advertisement

A terrible sales tactic really and will invite bids far lower as he looks desperate.

Market is becoming a self fulfilling one. Drops drive more drops, why buy now when it will be cheaper next month.

Same as 3 years, buy today as it will be more in a months time, which drove prices higher.

To quote one YouTuber from a few years back “tomorrows price is not todays price” (or was it todays price is not tomorrows price”.)

Its gone full circle and the statement is still true. When you consider the back drop of inflation in general and the massive price hikes in RRP that used prices are still softening tells its own story.

Hope the arse falls out of fully personally.

@893bet - "When you consider the back drop of inflation in general and the massive price hikes in RRP that used prices are still softening tells its own story."

This is it really, isn't it? Was talking to a guy who picked up a JC from Weirs last week. I don't know for certain, but I didn't get the impression he had substantial spending history with the AD and I didn't get the impression either he had been "on the waiting list" for a very long time. RRP is €14,650 so it's the first time (since I looked at Rolex - about 5 years now), that you can pick up sports watches second hand for under retail

Obviously helps that retail on this one has gone up by 30% in 4-5 years or so 😂

At the top of the boom, retail on it was about €12k and grey about €18-19k

A JC is a unique type of watch though , for most people looking for a sports model it’s too big. I don’t think it’s a great representation of Rolex current 2nd hand prices .Stick a op up at a grand over retail and it would most likely move quick enough. But… the least desirable watches are getting hit first and I reckon the more desirable will go the same soon enough.

i still think Tudor is a bit of a barometer for Rolex even now , all tudors are available now and some with discounts. Not long ago a lot of them were waitlists , Rolex will be the same soon enough

Checked with the buyer. He paid €15k. It was the 126660 model (same as mine), but brand new, unworn and stickered

Very strong. But some lads value stickers. Maybe he is planning on keeping 20 years. And a dealer sale (if you count them lads as dealers, I don’t really as I think they would run for the hills in light of a real issue).

You are usually lucky with selling so which you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

I was in Weirs today and was told they will be getting into pre-owned in a much bigger way, Had a black GMT and a Batman along with several others. Prices were strong but then I suppose items are coming with some sort of certification and comeback if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

@893bet - "You are usually lucky with selling so which you well."

Thanks. I'm not very good at selling though and most certainly not usually lucky 😂 Agree that was fairly strong money. Probably the going grey price alright but agree again that that wasn't much of a "dealer"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My Sumo Hulk still available.

heading to the states in 2 weeks and looking at buying something.. so need it gone..

and flogging a set of AirPods Pro series 2 .. if anybody is looking for a set

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kc_dund

I have a Breitling Aerospace E79362 I will be putting up for sale if anyone is interested - in great condition with all boxes, papers and recent service receipts. Comes with bracelet too that was only very lightly worn.

Advertisement