Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA 23/24:season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Spurs I can somewhat understand, even Wembenyama wasn't going to be able to save them.

But Pistons have a ton of talent that just isn't coming to the fore at all.

In other news, got a 12 team NBA acca up last night, a rare night with few shocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A 12-team acca, wow! Nice one!! Hopefully returned a few quid for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Draymond with a ridiculous ejection, my god he needs to get it together at this point, I’ve always defended him to a certain extent and we know you can’t change the style but tonight’s ejection was bad, no need for that crap, it’s really pathetic in my opinion.

Havent posted in a while but thought the tournament was a pretty good success, obviously you will have the typical haters finding flaws, which there are because nothing is perfect but overall I think it’s a really good thing and the longer it goes on then hopefully the more prestige goes with it, I like it, adds something extra to a generally mundane part of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That is outrageous from Draymond

Third ejection (and soon to be suspension) for violent conduct in his last 26 games. Only 6 games back from serving his 5 game suspension, they seriously have to throw the book at him this time.

He's also said post game that he was "just trying to sell the foul from Nurkic" so I guess this is his new "natural shooting motion"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah if Spurs wanted to win they wouldn't have been running the point Sochan experiment for as long.

This year was just about pumping minutes into Wemby really.

Yea, it’s pretty cringe now, even the most die hard Green fans here are losing their patience, obviously these players are getting old and frustrated they can’t compete like they use to and don’t like losing but Draymond isn’t the first star to get old.

The cynic in me says now he sign that big contract he wants out to join his man crush LeBron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Joel Embiid could go nuts tonight, 19 points and 9 rebounds in the first quarter.

30 points and 10 rebounds at halftime.

I'd imagine Joel is done for the night. 31 minutes 10 rebounds and 41 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭johnnyk29

The Detroit Pistons team must be one of the worst in NBA modern history comparable only to Vancouver Grizzlies/ Toronto Raptors in 90s or The Bobcats in the 2000s.

I actually thought they might have done ok with Monty as coach. He can't get a tune out then at all.

how seriously are they trying to win? It’s hard to be this bad.

Clippers have won 6 straight and are 11 - 3 since Harden took over the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's mental how well the Bulls are playing since Zach has been out injured. Rumours they already attempted a trade with Cleveland. If nothing happens and he comes back in January just for them to go back on the losing streak will be crazy.

Imo Detroit definitely went into this season trying to win some games. They've had a top 5 pick 3 years running, Cade is healthy again, and they hired Month Williams. They just look awful.

They are supposedly eyeing up either Anunoby or Siakam for trade so they are definitely trying to compete but are just terrible.

They also only have one first round pick in this years draft.

Other actual tankers Portland and San Antonio have two, Washington only has one currently but theres no way they dont flip Kuzma for a second first rounder before the deadline.

• Advertisement

Possibly the biggest kick in the face for the Pistons is that Thanasis got wheeled out by the Bucks in the second quarter as they were already getting blown away.

Giannis spent the 4th quarter playing with his kids on the sideline too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pistons extend to 24 losses in a row, 5 more to break Philly's record. Their next 5 are:

Jazz (H)

Nets (A)

Nets (H)

Celtics (A)

Raptors (H)

• Advertisement

Yeah there was a bit of hysteria on here immediately after the trade. That team is too talented to not be good, that’s the bottom line.

Really good to see Morant back and doing wsh at he doe’s best

Yea, the more sensitive people will still clutch their pearls and we could argue about his mistakes all day long and may move even the league’s hypocrisy could be exposed but I really hope he keeps on making it look easy

Ja Morant is great and I'm glad to see him playing again, he also deserved his 25 game suspension, I don't think these two things are at odds.

Quite interesting to see what Memphis do now. Morant is a huge boost to them but they are still far from full strength missing the raw power of Adams on the boards for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I liked what Kenny said about the Draymond thing, Kerr has for too long enabled his antics.

I kind of admire his loyalty, and also hate it

Watching the Celtics. I just can't get over Marcus Smart not being there anymore. Tatum out tonight. It'll be very hard to get a win in Sacramento without him.

A real tight one between the Clippers and Mavs with 7 mins left in the fourth.

Nine game win streak for the Clippers now, up to fourth in the conference.

A lot of us will have egg on our faces if this continues. 😁

Celtics thumped the Kings. A lot of good performers but Holiday was the star of the show.

Mitchell Robinson done for the season a huge blow to the Knicks.

Knicks and Memphis need to trade for a centre to have any chance in the playoffs going against Davis/Jokic in the west and Joel/Bam in the east...

any good options available to go get before the trade deadline?

• Advertisement

Clippers win streak ends at nine with a loss by 19 in Oklahoma.

Iam confident they will eventually implode, not enough character in that team unless we get the old version Kwai

Detroit were given their way out of the losing streak last night and they blew it. If they can't beat this team they're not beating anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Alicano

Detroit fan here since 1990 🖐️.. This is hurting.

You were there for the Isaiah Thomas and Denis Rodman years. If Grant Hill had only come along a few years earlier. They were one player short of being serious contenders to win it all.

I've a weak.spot for the Pistons and their long suffering fans. I'd love to see things turn around for them. I'd love to see them finally get their act together and become a playoff team in the near future.

I'm a huge fan of all three men I mentioned above.

Post edited by eagle eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Members with NBA ID can watch games for free on the league pass tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Luka is the MVP. No contest.

Great argument…..lol

You realize it’s still December right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Alicano

Very kind of you to say. yeah they were great years and three amazing players. Isaiah was my hero. Still love him. But he was drowned out by Jordan. All the kids were Bulls / Jordan fans back then. Understandably. But Detroit just did something for me. Hard to see them so bad at the moment. I think the ability to win games is there. It's just snowballed into a big psychological problem now.

• Advertisement

If Detroit lose tonight it's the longest single season losing streak of all time, history being made

They got the record, Cunningham scored 41, I thought they were going to do in the 3rd when they went on a huge run but now they are trying to avoid tying Philly as the worst overall season record in history 😯

I haven’t paid too much attention to it but my god that is a hard record to break, especially these days, you could surely get hot from the 3 ONE time, don’t even know where they go from here, imagine they don’t get 1st pick (good chance). Pathetic to be fair, tickets must be free at this point

Pistons playing very well tonight but again collapsing in the 4th here against the Celtics, Tatum on fire here

Pistons coming back with Bogdanovic, 3 point game and 5 minutes left

Another loss for them, in overtime. I really feel sorry for the likes of Bogdanovic.

• Advertisement

So plenty of rumours of KD being unhappy, again...

I would be shocked if he on the pistons after the trade deadline, would be a great rotation player on a contending team

I was listening to Bills Simons and he was talking about KDs legacy, it really got me thinking. I think he is definitely one of the most talented players we’ve ever seen, just sensational. He has won championships and been the best player on the championship team but it was never his team, always Curry’s team. I think when you think about all time greats that you can affiliate them directly with a team, MJ Bulls, Kobe Lakers, Bird Celtic, obviously there are exceptions, especially these days but KD just seems not to be able to attach himself to a city and it’s people like other players, we know how sensitive he is, iam interested in hearing peoples thoughts, like yourself and Butters and others here

OG Anunoby will start 2024 as a New York Knick (as will Precious Achiuwa and Malachi Flynn) while RJ Barrett heads home to Canada (bringing Immanuel Qickley to Toronto with him)

Not sure that's the haul Masai was expecting but he held out way too long, tho Quickley is a good player. Knicks confident he'll re-sign given the connections in the organisation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement