Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Wearing his glasses to show he means business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I lol'd in car when Ken read out the emojis as part of the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,711 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You seem to be here only to express contrarian opinions...

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Was it a nightmare to get to the bar and the jacks like the fcukin' Stadium?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jausus. Bit late but I listened to the fat Sam pod... Talk about underwhelming. Thought it would be box office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Big Sam would probably be a more successful Ireland manager than whoever it is Ken thinks should be Ireland manager.

The FAI needs to be careful this time and not think the vocal LoI intelligentsia are going to be the ones making up a majority of the 50,000 paying supporters at the Aviva if we’re wining matches 2-1 by sitting deep and striking fast on the counter for 90 minutes a match.

The back of the Heddild yesterday had Brady saying Brian Kerr should get another go. We certainly could do worse but I think his reaction would be like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Enjoyed the Brady chat, even if I'm sure those are not the freshest anecdotes.

He was agreeably foul mouthed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Kinda surprised, I expected that to be one of the between Christmas and New Year's ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

It seemed that he was quite ‘refreshed’ following his earlier event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

amusing anecdotes but I think maybe he was reciting his after dinner set possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was about to say, enjoyable pod with Brady, much better than Sam Allardyce... And I liked his point at the end about possibly taking Brian Kerr as next manager...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I didn't realise he had a real problem with Roy Keane.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Chirpy Chippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He should have had a few scoops before he had gone on air during his RTE time. Very entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

That was a great chat with Brady. Bit of a greatest hits but enjoyable. Huge contrast with big Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Brady was brilliant. He would have been far better than Fat Sam at a bigger venue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sam was a great choice....on paper. Used to come across as funny and frank. But he's now tilting at windwills in a fairly unhealthy sounding voice.

"Dire Straits, now there was a band, not this muck ye got now. I don't even know if Africans learn to parallel park in their country. Chopstick! Wtf is that? End up harpooning your food with'm. If you've got no options up front just play it back, now that's using the goalie! ".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

You would swear Big Sam threatened to shot the Pope. #LeaveBigSamAlone

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Milan Brescia game they mentioned is on YouTube in full, watched a few minutes before both goals, Milan were kicking it around like in that Simpsons episode then mysteriously forget how to defend right after they score, hilarious stuff.

They didn't mention that Brescia were relegated after a play off the week after the Milan game.

• Advertisement

I presume it’s not Brady’s commentary on YouTube?

his line on comms during subtitute breaks that they might take the goalkeepers off was very dry, I probably found it the best laugh of that pod

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It is with the Brady and Brackley commentary, worth watching for Chippy's comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Ken's Rainier Wolfcastle style impersonation of Swiss fans reminded me again why i pay my fiver a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not a patch on his Danish 'WiFi wanker' accent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The whole bit about Man Utd deserving an emmy for making must watch tv was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I think Brernard Manning was telling Brady's dry cleaners gag back in the seventies.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Has Ken already forgot the state of our national team and its attendant FA the last four years, we’re a basket case with notions about what style we should be playing and the FAI is run by a dodger who replaced THE John Delaney and immediately tried to circumvent his own salary cap by getting paid for holidays not taken.

We had no money to pay-off Kenny when it was obvious he was a busted flush and the new man will be getting pay that he could get in some League One clubs. And the WC qualifier campaign might already be DoA assuming we slip into bowl 4 and have to beat two teams higher than us to even make a play-off.

Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking this is an attractive job, unless you’re Gus Poyet I guess.

It’s a good job in that by the time the new manager has his first competitive game we’ll probably be around 65th in the world rankings. So getting us up the ladder probably won’t be a big challenge as Kenny took us down from about 35th.

so the new manager should have a rankings gain on his CV even if he can’t qualify us for anything.

its also a good job in terms of our players are experienced but still young.

i think Ken was pushing the boat out a bit by saying we had some very good players but can see generally where he’s coming from.

i don’t think it’s a horribly unattractive job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Plus the fans wear the tracksuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bren2001

Pay Kenny off and do what? FAI were right to let him finish the campaign, literally made no difference.

Advertisement