Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW17 transfer thread

• 09-12-2023 3:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nunez out, 0.1m short for Watkins.

Isak maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Will see how Chelsea play tomorrow and might upgrade Al-Dakhil to James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of Cash being meaning to do it for weeks but have bigger fires before I lose any more cash on him

Porro perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm looking at Pau Torres, goal threat and their fixtures are turning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Only the 1 FT this week.

Played with 10 this week as I've Areola injured and Strakosha not playing.

Thinking of getting rid of Areola - bringing in Neto at 4.5 (LUT, nfo, FUL) or Martinez as Villa's fixtures turn good (bre, SHU, mun) although he's a bit pricey at 5.0. Not interested in Dubravka.

Haaland out I might do too depending on the news - wanted Watkins back for GW18 so might go a week early. Solanke could be a shout too, nice differential.

My question is then, is a -4 worth it this week?

Haaland, Areola out. Watkins, Martinez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭mindhorn

Only 1 FT as well. Probably not the worst week to take a -4 considering all the injuries/suspensions. I'd imagine there'll be a few hits this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Haaland out for...

Raúl?

Most in-form and Fulham are tearing it up at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Andersen of Crystal Palace is not keeping clean sheets and is about to drop in price so swapping him out for Senesi of Bournemouth with my one free transfer.

Haaland to Watkins probably. Bench will be Tripper, Taylor, Mubama. Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

< audible sigh >

Reece James > Anyone with hamstrings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Johnstone to Neto or Turner to Dubravka, 2FT and happy enough with my outfield players

• Advertisement

may just leave Haaland in the first 11, no striker really that appealing and who knows when he may make a shock reappearance, nearly a waste of two transfers selling/buying again if only out for a few GW's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Haaland to Watkins, can't see him being risked/fit this week with world cup the following week.

Already have 2 suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

1FT Mbuemo > Bowen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Any clarity on EBH yet? The obvious one to bring in now is Solanke I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Agreed, with the blank for Haaland I'll get Solanke for a few weeks

The only thing I've seen is Pep saying he won't be ready for Palace, but they're aiming to have him in Saudi for that game (19th Dec).

As he was 14mn when I bought him and 14mn when I sold him, I saw no reason to keep him in the squad. Not like he'll increase in price when he's fit again.

I actually fancy Solanke to do some serious damage in his next 3 games or so. Definitely a decision to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think it's time to upgrade my defenders. Over a few weeks gonna replace Digne / Tsimikas / Zinch with Senesi / Trippier / Porro

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

What’s the sudden draw towards Senesi I’m seeing? Just their nice fixtures?

Think I’d be avoiding Trippier now. He and Newcastle have looked poor lately and Dubravka is a massive step down from Pope. Don’t think he’s worth the 7.0 anymore despite their nice fixtures.

Porro looks a great option.

Second in form player, and a huge differential with only 1.5% owning him at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've still got my wildcard and I think it's time to use it with the Haaland situation.

I have Nunez as well and need to sort out my goalkeeping situation.

So this is my team and my planned transfers. I'll have the option to reset in the New Year when Haaland is back to full fitness. I honestly don't see him playing before January. Even if he plays in the World Club cup his injury is the type that needs nursing for a while. I'm basically only looking at the next five games with this new team.

Any thoughts and suggestions are very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

First comment is to keep an eye on price changes and act accordingly.

They are a serious amount of changes happening. No idea why you’d keep a palace defender currently and Andersen is due to drop in price tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Final comment. I’d be leaving enough money in the bank to go from one of my strikers to Haaland in one move. Two moves maximum. So maybe Trent to a 4.0m and a striker to Haaland when the time comes.

The only defender I’d spend decent money on is Trippier.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you need to spend all your money and spread it around. You don’t have to do either.

Maybe pick a formation and have 2 decent defenders (sub 4.5m) on the bench to sub in. So buy players with a 343 or 352 in mind. Why have Adingra in that case ?

Anyway, fair play for still having a WC as I’d love one with all that’s going on right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Trippier has been absolutely awful in the last couple of games so his confidence may be shot. Would be wary of purchasing him for such an expensive price unless Newcastle manage to turn their form around.

I wouldn't have Alverez in. They have no game in GW 18. I'm going with Raul from Fulham because of form and upcoming fixtures

if your WC, you should be brining in 1 or 2 wolves attackers - their form is ridiculous for the price they are,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

@eagle eye @F1ngers I must be the only one of thinking of going the opposite way, Haaland -> Darwin. Like EE I have the WC left so getting rid of Haaland is a no-brainer. The plan was to move him to Isak for GW18 but Newcastle have been poor away from home, Wilson is back and they look cooked. I can't see the upside in Isak at all.

Solanke is playing great in a team thats playing great, he's been very unlucky not to have more the last four GWs, this is him compared to Haaland for those four GWs

For comparison this is Watkins v Haaland for the same four GWs.

I have Watkins and plan on benching him this week, its GW18 you really want him for.

I'm hoping Liverpool are going to do a number on United, 4-0, 5-0, thats why I'm going back to Darwin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have Darwin and Solanke, plan was originally Darwin to Watkins(needed a -4) and bench EBH for GW18.

With EBH out for a short while, I'll bring in Watkins, no hit.

• Advertisement

Had a think overnight and reckon I'll ditch Haaland now, he's likely to miss this week and then a blank.

Isak has 3 nice fixtures (FUL, lut, FOR) so gonna pick him up, he'll likely be rested for one of those but that's life.

Then at GW20 I'll drop Salah (for AFCON) to get Haaland back in for Sheff Utd H on 30th Dec.

Probably GW24 before I need Salah back

Have you looked at Solanke instead? Far better form, equally nice fixtures and guaranteed more or less to play all 3.

I'd be wary about Isak with Wilson back, especially if he starts in CL tomorrow night.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

This is what I currently have....

I don't like Darwin,he hasn't been doing it and I feel there's a risk of rotation with him now.

The most obv question who are you going to bench from your top 8 next GW and week after?

I love it being difficult rather than easy.

TAA, Salah, Son, Saka and Watkins are auto starts.

After that it'll be tough. I'll probably look at the average ppg and home/away record and pick that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SEORG

On a Wildcard too.

Currently on this but will be moving based on price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Well balanced but likely to leave plenty of points on the bench some GWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya I wouldn't have Nunez in a team now, especially on a WC. The big run of fixtures from 9-16 is over now and a few tricky games coming up. He didn't hit the points expected in that run, his form has turned since the Man City game. He was very dangerous from Everton in 9 to Brentford in 12 and a small bit unlucky to have a few goals ruled out in that run.

That said, as an owner, it's worth holding for Man Utd & Burnley games. And then re-evaluate to see what you're doing with Liverpool attack when Salah goes to AFCON and whether Jota is back / who moves to RW in his absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would disagree,I think long term hes a great pick, especially with Salah gone we are likely to see him become more selfish. Bar Arsenal away the rest of the difficult ones are at home

Looks like Maguire has pulled his groin or something - just stopped and kicked ball out of play this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yep, he knew straight away. More mid week injury's mounting up already to add to the pile of flags we have.

Have him too but was never starting him this weekend anyway so can leave it until next week to see if he recovers.

Sounds like Shaw has pulled his hamstring now

3 of my defenders are suspended, along with cheap mid, so with Haaland injured, i may just play with 10 as CS are so hard to come by this season

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭FantasyFool

Is Nicholas Jackson a reasonable replacement for a few weeks for EBH? Good fixtures

Had a think and went with Solanke, now to resist the tempation to take a -4 to spend that 9m sitting in my bank

Going EH to Solanke myself. Seems the obvious one. I can see EH being out for 3 games or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pep did say that Haaland would be back training Thursday. But what level training / is this some mind games, I'm not sure.

I've already transferred him out from earlier in the week as it is. Solanke was my port of call. Form, fixtures and (hopefully) fun!

I’d say chance he be on bench for palace game in case they need him - not as if they are sitting top of table.

No chance he's on the bench for the Palace game.

I doubt he'll play in the club World Cup either. There's rumours now that they are concerned it'll worsen and that Guardiola has been given the all clear to buy a striker in January if he feels he needs one.

That'd be a disaster because you could see him resting Haaland between Champions league games.

The smart move is get rid of him now. His price is sure to drop over the next couple of weeks between the injury and the blank gameweek.

If he plays the first game after Christmas then buy him back.

My plan is to have two free transfers and I'll have him back in without any loss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement