Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

At least they can end on their own terms. Sometimes these types of shows run out of steam if they go on too long.
    You might be right.
    But I think the recent season was really fun.
    Going out on top I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've no problem with it ending if they think they can cap it off nicely and go out strong. It's had a run most shows can only dream of.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's been consistently funny, so better to finish before the quality goes downhill. One Scrubs season 9 is enough. And they have more than enough episodes to make a load of cash from syndication for years to come. Comedy Central may even pick it up in 15 years or so when they finish showing Friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Seems like they missed an opportunity to finish with 9 episodes in season 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Seems like they missed an opportunity to finish with 9 episodes in season 9

It'll probably be a double ep finale like most 22minute shows so good shout that it could be 9.9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final season back August 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Final season back August 12th

NINE NINE...! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blaze of Glory!

Final season starts August 12th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God that drum-roll gag still cracks me up. Holt for Best Straight Man (uh, of sorts) in a modern comedy.

I've finished rewatching it, such an enjoyable show but now I cant hear backstreet boys without saying "now number 5"

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts back tonight in the States with a double episode.

Watched the first two episodes and to be honest I found them poor enough but hopefully the season picks up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,045 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Loved the finale.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep, it was a great finale. Loads and loads of callbacks, another heist, we finally got that moment between two characters as well as "title of your sex movie". Couldn't have done it much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The eighth and final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine will receive its UK premiere on E4 on Wednesday April 20th at 9pm with a double-bill

RIP Andre Braugher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

"More importantly, Wuntch got served. Oh my god, Wuntch sounds like lunch. Oh, this opens up so many new avenues."

RIP Captain Raymond Holt

I thought this was bumped because Samberg was getting the squad back together, not this.

Fùck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Holy shít: only 61 and the only comment about the nature of his passing was he had a "brief illness" - sure that age's nothing these days. What a loss.

He was also quite magnetic in The Good Fight; he came in for the last season to replace Delroy Lindo, and his was such an immediate impact you kinda forgot he was a last-minute addition.

• Advertisement

Captain Holt the show mvp for me, an iconic legendary character, him and Chandler Bing gone this year

From drama to comedy, Andre made it easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!???????

He made that character a legend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great as Holt but I first saw him in his superb role as Frank Pembleton in 'Homicide: Life on the Street'. Great actor able to straddle between drama and comedy, which not many can pull off. Of those actors lost this year, I've watched more on screen of him and Lance Reddick than any other and both over a large number of years. Sad.

Advertisement