Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Id be delighted to see them try- they’ve caused plenty of delicious carnage so far which has given us pages and pages on unadulterated b1tching - increasing their efforts further would make me most pleased 🤪

While I think the situation was handled terribly by the Met in the first instance, there’s always a suitable place for protests, and bringing megaphones along to drown out peoples enjoyment in that particular location was just going to be a recipe for some sort of violent altercation to take place - the protest wasn’t the issue -only the place where they were planning to protest- there was a far larger demonstration elsewhere in trafalgar square so people’s right to protest on that day was upheld.

In true father Ted fashion, You can protest against a film being shown as long as you do it outside the cinema - this occurred frequently in Ireland in the 60s and 70s and indeed beyond that too - protest inside the cinema and you’re impinging on peoples lawful right to enjoy the film uninhibited

• Advertisement

Protesting?

The Met said it arrested 64 people on Saturday, including members of Westminster city council’s women’s safety campaign Night Stars, who hand out rape alarms and other items. Police claimed intelligence had indicated that people were planning to use rape alarms to disrupt the coronation procession.

I don't think trying to prevent rape is protesting.

Suitable place, something something.

People have the right to peacefully protest where ever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Exactly. It’s a hot topic in England atm. Really bizarre attempt to take people’s rights & freedoms away. But then this is post Brexit far-right authoritarianism on the up. Better control the rabble now before they really get fed up, poorer, hungrier because of the political brexit lies we told them for decades. The papers/msm need Harry & Megan, need to continue to maintain the passionate nonsensical flow of hate.. whether it is brown people on boats or ex royals living in the US, no matter.

It cracks me up that Irish people buy into the hate too. Devour and absorb all the English anti Harry clap trap and spit it out on threads like this one, lol.

Come on H&M, give ‘em hell. Stir it up! The more disruption, the better.

that’s not quite the stated position of the police now is it? Protesters were t there to prevent rapes they were there to disrupt a lawful gathering of people - you’ve quoted that part yourself but still insist on sensationalising it- for a non Daily Mail reader, you’re actually quite good at this tabloid lark 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Come on H&M, give ‘em hell. Stir it up! The more disruption, the better.

The problem for Hasbeen and Megain is that they are turning themselves into subjects of derision rather than giving anyone hell.

They've whinged, spilled the beans, backtracked on some of the spilled beans and are being snubbed. Where do they go from there?

So no human rights if they are protesting the beloved Royal Family?

Interesting.

• Advertisement

I’m not going down that rabbit hole- you were clearly caught sensationalising an incident and making it out to be something it wasn’t- changing the narrative now is typical of your posts when challenged - off you pop and annoy someone else with your ramblings please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

I think in general the actual mainstream media only pays attention to Harry and Meghan when something actually news worthy crops up (Megxit impact, Oprah broadcast, release of Spare, Near catastrophic chase etc.). They don't cover the superfluous things which have practically become a side hustle for many youtubers, which is milked incessantly by a click and ad revenue seeking Daily Mail or for the likes of ITV to run out the clock on This Morning. For example, I doubt the BBC will do a piece on the recent video salad released about Archewell whereas GB News (along with all five of its viewers) can draw out an hour long panel "discussion" about it or a youtuber can made a couple of grand talking about the body language in the video. With that in mind then this idea that Harry and Meghan serve as some kind of sacrificial distraction show is spin. In general, no one cares about them beyond the news worthy items as mentioned.

It is the opposite of developments with Andrew. The lack of mainstream coverage was seen as covering up his behavior i.e. Why aren't these same outlets mentioned above going to town on him on a regular, obsessive basis? Why isn't there a thread here about him? etc. There was simply no ongoing drama between developments which would help fuel interest and consequential coverage. He did one interview and he destroyed himself. Unlike Harry and Meghan, he wasn't clapping back via PR about what happened to him, he wasn't writing books or doing a softball Oprah broadcast or making a six part series or trying to cosplay actual successful people. Whenever developments arose about him then given the seriousness of it then it was news worthy, extensively covered and seriously discussed. If the sentiment is that Harry and Meghan are victims of perpetual press interest and intrusion then, even if it has to be done begrudgingly, it has to be acknowledged that they invite it on themselves.

Looks like they are going to carry on as before, without them realising that their maxim should be (as Denis Healey memorably said all those years ago) when in a hole, stop digging. Meghan just can't stop trying to make herself not just "relevant" - whatever that means - but that she must be adored by everyone, because she is so amazingly clever, erudite, better than all of us ordinary mortals. And especially better than Catherine. Harry is going from legal action to legal action. If you look at any photo of them together, the overwhelming sense you get is that he's a grumpy, unhappy man. Meghan's on the red carpet, having to be pushed along.

They show no sign of learning that their behaviour is alienating more and more people - including those who have championed her in the past. I think Jack Royston used to be promoting them. Not now, though, it seems

So are you saying this thread is the BBC or the Daily Mail type obsession?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The beacons have been lit!! The reinforcements have arrived!

At this point, I think Harry cannot understand why he isn't being listened to and why he is getting pushback. He comes from a different world filled with privilege which came with a huge cost attached. Public scrutiny, celebrity etc etc all that baggage. Throw what happened to his mother into the mix and believe it or not I have a large deal of sympathy for him. I think he is damaged and misguided. Truly, the best thing for him would be to live off the media grid and enjoy being with his kids etc.

Yeah- trade down to a semi D in Milton Keynes and do the school runs😀

While he doesn’t have to go to that extreme I agree with you that he’s misguided - he doesn’t have the right support network around him at all-

Hehe not quite that extreme a stepback, the poor pampered darling. Im not condoning or excusing his behaviour btw. Merely saying I can see how he has arrived at the point he has.

In his situation I doubt Id turn out normal tbh. Its Megain/Lady MacBeth that the majority of my issue is with.

In fairness I think most on this thread would feel similar - he was probably the most popular royal by birth after the Queen before Meaghan arrived on the scene - his cheeky chappie image gave him quite a human personality compared to the stiff and haughty persona of most of the others - somewhere along the line most of the goodwill given to both of them has been wiped away, mainly due to Meaghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

It's a gas thread indeed. Where pointing out that two people who now say they were forced out of the monarchy had originally said they wanted to remain in the monarchy but on their terms only for them to get told to get lost means you're a hater, a Daily Mail reader and a royalist. 🤣

As mentioned even Jack Royston can't maintain the pretense of ignoring the clear and present hypocrisy. The Archewell financials along with the two big donors is for 2022 and this is before the Netflix show, Spare, Southpark, Car chase, Coronation in 'n out, Bell End Game etc. The brand is flatlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

"Give em hell"

The only people "suffering" is probably them as each moronic attempt at attention seeking is blowing up in there faces when actual truth comes out. They then screech victim when the actual truth comes out and demand privacy to try and retcon away the original failed scheme.

Ah yeah its not a new viewpoint, but it really crystalized for me lately. The talk around the RF doesn't interest me in the slightest. They are irrelevant. Its the whole narcissism and manipulation that has me intrigued. I'm pinning the blame for most of this on Megain directly. The game she tries to play seems quite clear.

I can see Megain (after the inevitable divorce) going down the Jada Pinkett Smith route and releasing a scathing, tell all book.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Harry and Meghan's lack of endorsement deals and masses of "work" is now due to a vendetta being wages by the Royal Family against them 🤨

https://archive.ph/21A0d

The Express can exclusively reveal that parties linked to the Sussex camp have held crisis talks following a succession of failed projects and influential doors being slammed in their face.

“There’s a general feeling that there has been a vendetta waged against them,” the source said. “There have been talks held with high profile brands that didn’t lead to anything but should have done. Those brands then actively courted other members of the family.”

It's never their fault, any failure, setback or obstacle is always someone else's fault🤷‍♂️

It's not just the Royal Family's fault; those sneaky Dutch translators are also part of the serried ranks of the coalition that are trying to destroy the Sussex brand. Trust nobody!

There’s even evil people on this thread, masquerading as Meaghan supporters when really they’re just encouraging Meaghan hate speech from others 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

While I'd take that with a very large pinch of salt, the only reason for them to move back is to try to improve the relationship with Charles so they can hit him up for money.

Being associated with the RF would also improve their chances of some positive publicity, they're being dropped like hot snots left, right and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I thought she never wanted to set foot in the UK again? Something tells me Harry is starting realise just how badly he has messed things up with his family, aka the people who hold the purse strings

Advertisement