Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ups phone number for finglas depot/dublin hub

Options
  • 13-12-2023 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Can anyone please help by commenting or direct messaging me with the phone number for the UPS depot in Finglas? I am desperately needing to find out if a package I as sending for work might be lost. I need some confirmation on this so I can just send it again and not have it arrive twice to sender. All the numbers online lead to the general customer service so I don't need the numbers off google, just if someone knows and has the direct line. I would be really grateful for this and would even send a little gift on Paypal or Revolut afterwards.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They do have an Irish customer service email address,  custsvcieen@ups.com that they don't seem to make too publicly clear . It may be worth trying with them in the absence of a phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Thank you! I have tried that. That email is nowhere online, how did you have it?

I got an auto message with the same spiel i got from their phone customer service.

I have the number of the depot in Kerry which is great as I find they can give you some sort of answer, the customer service are just there as buffers and won't help you with anything until too much time passes. That's why I'm looking for the number of the one in Dublin. I had it back when it was Nightline but lost the number so kicking myself over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I tried them all lol and they either aren't working or tell you to ring the ups customer care :P it was a mobile number I had before and its the only thing to have with these depots now as theres no way of contacting them otherwise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have that from the last few times they've messed up my deliveries. You'll get the auto response, but a human should respond within a working day normally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Best to arrive at the desk. That’s what I had to do last month.

Well I am in Kerry so I can't just rock up at the desk lol. Its funny, the package is being sent to a company in Finglas so yeah it would have been easier to deliver it myself I think if I had the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Are you getting through to a person on the phone? If not say "agent" instead when they ask you to press 1 for whatever. As they're so overwhelmed this time of year I would advise just waiting on hold rather than hanging up and calling back multiple times. I use UPS for work a lot so that's what I found works best! I had a customer angrily tell me they called UPS 20 times and couldn't get through. I called once and waited on hold for less than 10 minutes and got through. Same number as everyone else.

As far as the tracker goes, if the package hasn't had a new scan in three business days they will consider it lost and you can file a claim. Again they're out the door busy now so stuff is taking longer, I'm seeing stuff with new scans everyday for 3 or 4 days and they are eventually getting delivered. But if there's no scans you can assume it's lost I'm afraid.

I know but the nature of the package I want confirmation that it is lost before I resend. I can't risk the package arriving twice as my company will be charged twice. It's samples going for testing. I am getting through to the customer service but they are no help as they will not file a claim or contact the depot until too much time has passed. A 30 second conversation with someone at the depot is the only thing that will sort it out, they will know if it could have gone thru to a driver without being scanned and I would have enough info then to take the risk it won't resurface and send again

• Advertisement
Advertisement