Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SENO job offer

• 18-08-2023 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Anyone know of anyone offered a job as SENO with the NCSE? Have been on the panel and under consideration for a position with them since May. Garda vetting is completed, references are meant to be delayed. I sent on hard copies of the references beginning of July and no word yet. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it might take to be formally offered a position with them? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 froche

Hi, thinking of taking the leap and applying is there anything you can share with me about the process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sab M

Hi Froche,

I'm still waiting for proper job offer to come through. Have given referees and current employer. Hopefully job offer comes through soon enough or even if I knew there was a start date for after Easter or Summer it'd be good. Apply through the ad on public jobs. It seems to be like the civil service with the way the job is advertised and applied for. I did my interview maybe about a month or so after the deadline, think a week later I got the order of merit on public jobs message. It was a fair while ago so not certain on how long it took. The interview was on zoom, all about experience, SEN and time management/ prioritising work. Are you a primary school teacher? Think the recent job ad has other experience listed like childcare, slt and ot for requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 baygal

Can I ask you what the process was like following your SENO interview? I am called for an Interview this week for a SENO position. Wondering how long after it will be before I will know if I’m successful or not

Sorry meant to tag you. Not used to boards.

• Advertisement

Can I ask you what the process was like following your SENO interview? I am called for an Interview this week for a SENO position. Wondering how long after it will be before I will know if I’m successful or not

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nari85

I am in the same boat. They told me two weeks although I felt the interview was a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 buyorbuild2016

Any update on these interviews/jobs??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

Post edited by anplaya27 on

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭27061986a

I have been offered a job as a SENO with the NCSE. I’m due to start towards the end of the summer. Has anyone any advice on workload, job expectations etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 buttons demure

Massive congratulations! I have an interview tomorrow. Can you offer any advice regarding the competency based questions?

Would you contact any of the existing SENOs and ask advice regarding the workload?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dd123456

does anyone know if you take up the post of SENO and you are a fully qualified teacher do you get incremental credit on the pay scale to reflect your service as a teacher or do you still start at bottom of pay scale as an SENO

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary13578

Hi, Huge congratulations on the job! What area did you get a job offer? Have recently interviewed and wondering what offers are going out? Also how long from interview to offer did you have? Thanks in advance for response

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary13578

Hey, hope you interview went well! I just had mh interview too...not sure how mine went... lasted less than 30 mins, was yours longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sunnyteacher

Hey folks, congrats on the job offer. I have an interview on Friday and would really appreciate any help with questions they might ask. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ayrfield89

I’d love to know this too. I have heard others getting placed higher on the scale based on public sector experience but I’m not sure how exactly that is determined

Advertisement