Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

We seem to be getting worse as the season goes on, very worrying. Hart really is hopeless in the air, flapping at the ball and getting pushed around easily.

We look like conceding with every corner no matter who the opposition are, what the f*** are they at in training that we are so clueless at set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Better in the 2nd half with Mikey Johnston replacing Yang and more effective. Three very good goals although they nearly gave away an equaliser just before Celtic broke away for third

Three brilliant goals in the end spare our defensive blushes, c'mon Mirren do us a favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

O'Riley's hit in particular with his weaker right foot was stunning. Worthy of winning any match.

Thought we were dire in the first half. Much better in the second half. Johnston was good when he came on as was Oh and they both made a big difference. We got there in the end but not a good performance overall. Rodgers comments post match were very telling.

• Advertisement

Celtic were beaten 2-1 by Killie after taking the lead in the first half. Played well in the first half and should have been a couple of goals up. The second half was utterly appalling from Celtic... some real problems ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Missed today's game,was stuck at Grantham Station for 3 hours,I kept checking score,1 nill,then 1each and 2-1 to them,just seen highlights on bbc Scotland,Jesus We are a mess,Philips is totally useless,I thought we would have kicked on from last week,but we have gone backwards,we seem weak and lost and out of ideas,as a celtic fan I am quite worried and not very confident in our team and management at the moment.

That about sums it up. The first half we actually started well and were fine. Should have been at least 2-0 up if not game over at the break. But then the second half was a complete reversal we simply never showed up and as you saw were utterly appalling. Not that everything has been perfect lately but we did play pretty well on Wednesday night and looked fine at half time yesterday so that second half no show was a real shock to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Couldn’t handle it when Kilmarnock pressed high up the pitch in the second half. Quite shocking that we weren’t capable of playing through that and Brendan Rodgers alluded to that post match saying that the players needed to pass the ball forward quicker to beat the press. I expect a reaction to that in the coming weeks.

A wake up call for December 30 th v Rangers who will likely try to press from the front as well.

Delighted with that win last night. Ended the group on 4 points, probably deserved more over the 6 games. Will be a much needed boost to confidence for the coming weeks and then hopefully the board will get the finger out and start to back the manager properly with the available funds at the club in the coming transfer windows.

• Advertisement

Absolutely a real morale boosting win for the whole team. Another big performance from Scales and alongside him all credit to Welsh coming in from the cold so to speak and playing so well. Hopefully his coming off in the second half was just him been knackered and not an actual injury. The down side to the night was the early injury to Tomoki. Hopefully its nothing serious but it doesn't look good when your coming off that early like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Deservedly behind at the break and deservedly booed off.

Awful stuff, real lack of urgency and imagination. Mickey Johnson is so poor, loses the ball far too easily and doesn't work to get it back.

Need to get something from this game or we've thrown away the lead in the league and Rangers will be up for the game on the 30th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Keystone Cops defending from Hart, Scales and AJ for their first goal - very worried now for the season and it reminds me of of Lennon's last season a couple of years ago

Yes it has the look of there being serious issues within the coaching and playing staff. It has a very similar look to Lennon's last season with the team playing well below their capabilities and leaking easy goals constantly.

so much for kicking on from wednesday nites win,we look a mess and very easy to beat at the minute.2 league losses in a row,we are just so slow and players look unintrested,as said earlier somethig is seriously wrong.

Big game for Brendan Rodgers today. Pressure on it and the next few games leading up to the January transfer window where the board really needs to up their game. Brendan will need good results between now and then though over the next 4 games.

2-0 job done roll on Tuesday night v Dundee for the next one

we started well and then went flat later in the first half,started the second half very well and great too see the wee man get his much needed goal,also well done Liam Scales for the second.their keeper kept the score down,hopefully we can get a few wins now and get some fresh meat in January.

Much better today, needed that win

• Advertisement

Good performance v Dundee. Missed a shed load of chances. Need Kyogo to have his shooting boots on for Saturday.

I thought it would be one of those games but persistence paid off for Bernardo and a brace for Johnston

The usual top quality refereeing as well

Another shaky performance,created loads of chances but no end product,20 odd corners with no goal from any of them,Mickey Johnstone done good with his 2 goals,he just took his shots from outside the box,which the rest of our team seem unable or willing to do.Im not too confident about next Saturday against the other shower,Come on Celtic give us a performance and result.

There was nothing shaky about the performance. Totally dominated from start to finish. Spurned several chances but I think the team is generally playing better and hopefully in good nick for Saturday.

sorry ,on reflection our performance was good yesterday,I just had one 2 many when posting last nite,We need to sharpen up on our finishing and Saturday will be ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Massive game against Rangers now on Saturday. Need to beat them. They'll be fresh though as tonight's game against Ross County has been postponed over safety concerns for travelling fans getting to the stadium.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67826293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was expecting a penalty to be given there. Blessed to have not conceded yet, defending has been shambolic at times

Surprised as well with the peno not given, officiating has been fair and balanced for a change.

Our goal is living a charmed life with the amount of chances we're giving away. I cannot for the life of me understand the praise some lads heap on Scales, for me he is a good back-up but nothing more. He really gets found out against decent sides.

F me that was some goal by Kyogo! What a player, absolute class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There's nothing in some of these challenges but yet the pundits are saying Celtic players would want to be more careful.

Game is gone to f**k if they think any of that was worthy a second yellow.

You would wonder what the hell they're saying it for, meanwhile how many flying arms have our lads had to take to the face and nothing said other than "accidental of course".

That Sima is some b!tch, goes off straight away after taking one on the cheek, while O'Riley soldiers on with a suspected broken nose thats pissing blood!

Goalkeeper and centre back please Celtic board, we have the money so spend it.

Mikey still not tracking after Taylor roasting him, wtf is wrong with that lad... he's f***ing clueless.

Needed that, shame how it ended but we showed resolve to just about cling on.

Sick of saying it but hopefully we can use this to kick on and get some consistency back in our game.

We were good in parts with two fantastic goals, in other parts we were utterly woeful. The ref seemed to give Celtic players a yellow every time they fouled. As for the push in the box on Turnball, this was just waved away - did not look offside to me

Our passing and defending was woe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did not play overly well, and was a lot more nervy than it should have been.

It definitely looks like a team that needs 2 or 3 new faces.

Excellent win, performance was very good for 80 mins then let Rangers back into the game. 2 great finishes from us.

Thought Hart could've got across quicker to Tavenier's free and think we need a quality keeper asap. Hart has been an unbelievable signing for us but there's not getting away from the fact he's slowed down now.

One or 2 quality players this window and there's no way Rangers get near us in the league. The board and Rodgers need to get the right players in now

nervey last 20 minutes,the Ref gave them every chance to get back into the game,blowing every time we touched one of them,and yellows for nearly all our contact on them.2 great goals,again we could have had a few more but 3 very valuable points and roll on Tuesday against St Mirren which will not be an easygame as they are a dogged wee team and we need to be sharp and focused to get the 3 points.Come on Celtic.

I thought that game would never end. The ref kept playing on it seemed like he was waiting for another chance for rangers. The game against St Mirren on Tuesday is just as big.

When the transfer window opens we need to back Brendan to make this his team. A number of players will likely be unavailable due to the Asian Cup.

Delighted with the result today. McGregor was brilliant.

I cannot believe Rangers issued a statement about that game... brass neck comes to mind although I do think Celtic should come out and agree and ask for the VAR audio for the push on Turnball - open Pandora's box

• Advertisement

Christ they are sore losers, he was offside when the ball was played in, move on clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

You'd think they'd think twice before drawing attention to penalties given the huge imbalance in their favour.

The more spotlight on it the better. There was a podcast I read about a while ago with some facts and figures to back up the quite unbelievable bias in favour of rangers re penalties received and conceded over the last few seasons. Celtic should replicate their ridiculous claims seeking transparency. Real transparency will reveal information that they’d like to ignore.

Great win this evening with goals from Maeda, O'Riley and Taylor

Great to get the early goals against them,settled us down from the start.Nice comfortable performance and into the break now in good form,Hatate getting some minutes ,nice to see BR giving him big hugs after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great moments from history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Hi lads, has the Celtic game against Kilmarnock been confirmed for the 17th of Feb or they’re still waiting on the tv schedules to be announced?

Extremely unlikely a home game will be moved for tv, the only home league games shown live are the season opener, games against Rangers and a title decider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Hope its not changed Deise, heading over for that one myself.

Why would we need a center back when we have CCV and Scales doing fine and Nawrocki and Welsh have both looked good in recent appearances and then there is still even Lagerbielke as a 5th option assuming that Kobayashi moves back to Japan this month which seems likely.

On a GK yes I think Siegrist should be moved on and we should be looking for a new long term number 1 but Hart has played fine so far this season and we have much bigger needs then GK for this window. Left back would be my number 1 defensive issue that we need to try and address this window not center back where we are fine nor GK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement