Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭con747

Enter the details in here https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html and it will give you a fairly accurate estimate. I would take the extra 10% with a pinch of salt.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

As a rough guide I multiply the kwp by 0.8 to get kWh/yr

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

In a very, very good year you might hit that. In an average year, 2,200 to 2,500kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for that, had suspected the salesman was using optimistic figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

6.7kwh today.. most I've seen in a month of darkness I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

2.1 today for me , 7.4Kw east /west ,Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Comer1

2.5 for me today. 7.4 SE Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mrm

2.6kWh today off 6.6kW array (4.6SE/ 2.0NW) - Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Would do 1 x Cycle of the dishwasher and washing machine... Less than €1 worth of electricity ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

True - I only managed 1.1Kwh myself yesterday of a 6.5Kwp system. While I like E/W splits in general, they are shocking in the dead of winter - but you know 50 cents in my back pocket from a cloudy overcast day in Dublin is better than the alternative.

Still lads, we're nearly there!!! While Dec 22nd is the winter solstice (shortest day), today I think is the day where the evenings are starting to get later and later, mornings sadly are still getting later and later until early Jan. Sunset in Dublin today = 16:06

Good site to know when solar noon is in your neck of the woods = Sunrise and sunset times in Dublin (timeanddate.com)

Naturally you'll have to change your location as appropriate

• Advertisement

And once the 19th hit, the evening's start getting longer!

Evenings are getting longer from today mate :-) ...... it's just that we are still losing more in the mornings than the gains we have in the evenings until Dec 21 so that's why the days are getting shorter until Dec 21st. Latest sunrise is actualy Jan2nd or something. When I was growing up, I always thought that dec 21 was the latest sunrise and earliest sunset (hence the shortest day), but nah, it's a bit more complicated than that.

All to do with the fact the earth is a spinning top, but it sort of "wobbles" around the rotational axis. Good article on wikipedia on it.

Equation of time - Wikipedia

In any case, back to the OP it's a nice bright sunshine day in Dublin , however, below in "red" is todays production against a "computed" maximum value in blue of the last 4 days. Basically the blue line is sort of a historical max over the last few days for that same time interval be it 11:05 or 14:15 etc.

Not even breaking a 1Kw.....kind of sad from a 6.5Kwp system in the sunshine. Them angles just don't work in winter. Sun is 13.6deg above horizon at noon here. :-(

For laughs......I took todays production and charted it against my all time record day (last June)

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

A whopping 6.9kwhr generated today.. that's the most in ages. Solcast had predicted it almost bang on..next five days top out at less than 3kwhr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭creedp

Ive signed up to a Solcast account but seem to be incapable of interrogating the data to get the kind of information being reporting above. All I can see at present is a graph forecasting output by hour for the next day. Im a bit of a luddite but Is there a way to generate the above type information in the app or is it necessary to download data and generate charts externally?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mrm

5.8kWh today, but dishwasher and washing machine covered yesterday. So todays €2 is going into the electric heaters to heat the bedrooms tonight.🔥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭ratracer

My system is only just over a week commissioned, so my first tally of readings:

8kW system E/W split (10 E/ 9 W), Co Galway

5/12: 5.9kW

6/12: 0.8kW

7/12: 3.3kW

8/12: 2.2kW

9/12: 3.6kW

10/12: 2.6kW

11/12: 3.4kW

12/12: 1.9kW

13/12: 3.8kW

So nothing hectic, as expected, but I’m using the time to learn about my daily usage, battery charging etc. Roll on the spring/summer when hopefully the power generation has a big increase!

Nice one. E/W is the same as myself, albeit I've only 6.5Kwp. With 8Kwp you'll be knocking 45-50kWh with that setup in May-June on the blue skies days. If your on a Day/Night tarriff the battery strategy is pretty simple these days with FIT. Charge it to 100% on night rate and use it during the day to avoid paying day rate prices.

Even by end of Feb / Start of March you'll be looking a double digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

A nice return of 16kwh yesterday isn't bad for December but next few days not looking so good here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Has anybody considered adding extra panels in the Oct-Mar window?

I've ~9kw panels and a 6kw inverter.

I'm thinking just sit them against a sunny wall, connect my existing 2 strings together and connect these new panels as an independent string.

Doesn't seem like a lot of investment / effort for a quick return.

It might be about 60 foot from the inverter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

beware each MPPT will have a maximum DC voltage it can handle.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

So effectively each string should be somewhat similar in terms of number of panels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Will be lucky to see 0.5kw today

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

No not at all. its just the voltage on each string cannot exceed the maximum each MPPT can handle. For example the datasheet for a Solis inverter below has a maximum of 600v on each MPPT. So lets say a panel is for example 41.2v then that string can safely handle 14 although 12 would probably a safer number to use to allow for fluctuations in voltage due to temperatures.

Thanks to @graememk's advice I have 12 panels on one string and 7 on the other connecting to 5kW solis inverter.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,054 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

1.5 for the day, desparate

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

mayo 7.4kw east west ,

managed 1.2 today 14th ,

3.2 for yesterday 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭ratracer

8kW E/W, Galway

1.4kW today

• Advertisement