Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just dropped a nice solid ‘horseshoe joint’ of ripe midden in the upstairs.Strong hum of cheap beer off the lad.

Reckon that’s me ‘clen out’ for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

Leave her stewing for Mrs Bendar to find later?

Needs to be done every once in a while so they appreciate you flushing the othe 99% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Jayzus.

Left a yoke the size of an airport shuttle bus in stall #1.

Wasn't the only one logging out early - place smells like an illegal fishing trawler.

Happy Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It's high-quality infographics like this that keep me coming back. I'd question a few of the numbers; Spain looks a bit low. Last time I was there I was on it more than off it.

I have most of my small bowel remaining, that’s the part that absorbs nutrition. The colon absorbs water and multiplies bacteria, most poop being composed majorly of bacteria. There’s a complex blood-brain interaction so this bacteria may have a very useful role other than being the product of a convenient poop factory storage tank to be unloaded at your next convenience, or the n the event of it malfunctioning very much at your inconvenience.

Fun fact: female colons are longer, narrower and more tortuous than men’s, causing protection for a wider range of daily derangements. Females produce more poop per calorie consumed as it resides longer inside the colon, multiplying in size as it progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The thing I've found about Spanish bars compared to Irish ones (apart from the far cheaper drink of course) is the incredible lack of facilities. e.g. a sizeable and busy enough beachside bar might have a gents with 2 urinals and 1 shitter, for the whole pub! are we expected to run into the sea and find relief there..?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Good call Hot, some haven't even got that, just a phonebox size shïtter that's nearly always occupied.

Of course there is a reason. Spanish bars weren't designed for a group of twenty pot bellied bunch of soaks ganneting down pints of San Miguel or Tropical like there was no tomorrow.Going well into the second gallon like!

Was down in Alicante some years back and saw a lad in a Mayo jersey put his boot through a shitter door to discover another dude {Irish} comatose on the pot.Without hesitation whipped out the knob and just fired on top of him and back out to join his group like nothing happened.

The Spanish owner paid no heed, these lushes drank more in a night than the locals would do in a year, a door can be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I was down in the Algarve a few years ago and we had the misfortune of sharing a hotel with a bunch of red-faced jackeens over on a golf trip. Lot of taxi driver sorts in the ranks - they came from a few of those parkland courses in North Dublin “up past the airport”.

Lot of shouting, that base guffawing, terrible renditions of tired old Irish ballads in the bar at night. All putting away at least 8 pints and couldn’t help but overhear a few of them talking about “getting a bag” and “visiting a knocking shop”.

By the end of the 4 days though there had been a major split in the camp. I asked one portly lad at the bar as to why that was the case. Turns out one fourball had gotten very sour amidst cheating, and one lad arrived back in the locker room after the game to discover someone had left a pint of runny scour in his civilian shoes. Completely written off and the chief suspect appeared to be gloating about it without admitting it.

You couldn’t bring lads like that anywhere.

I think, eh, with the growing internationalisation of the taxi driving sector, that sort of thing is going to become a thing of the past. Or is it?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Excellent observation Hot.

Lad I know was in NYC on important company business ,got a cab into Downtown on the VWE with this dude listening to the Koran on the radio.Wouldn’t be a golfer one can assume.So you are correct the industry is being diluted from the fcuking 48/27 bull goose Liverpool supporter type motormouth with the 31 handicap to lads who wouldn’t know which end of the club to hold’.

Fcuking Saudis have it ruined.

Kernts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

same in Italy but if your on the beach in front of a beachside bar take note...every now and again youll see lads and lassies leaving the bar and do a running dive into the sea,swim out until theyre about waist/chest high and if you keep observing youll notice that "look of relief" expression and theyll then do a fairly rapid swim back,sit in the sun for a few minutes to dry off and hit the bar again...top tip is never swim in front of a beach bar and always observe which way the tide and local current is running...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Why hasn’t the rest of the world embraced the Japanese toilet yet? Seems very shortsighted.

I was in the shopping centre in Swords earlier and had to visit the facilities. Fücking gross. The first can had a big wodge of paper lodged in it and whoever had caused it seemed to have gone back for a second push as there was a nugget resting on top of it.

There was some cúnt grunting, parping and groaning in the 2nd cubicle and the whiff was unbearable.

3rd cubicle was free but a bit of the toilet seat was broken and the paper dispenser was one of those yokes that only dispenses a single sheet at a time.

Where is the rivet washer, the Mozart music to block out unpleasant noises, the strong deodorant button, the self clean option for the can itself?

Heard the Japanese are notoriously xenophobic behind the polite exterior, and maybe they are right if the average European shítter is anything to go by.

They never tell you stuff like this in the "useful tips" section at the back of the holiday brochure, do they?

I dunno though, the local sewerage system might just consist of an outfall pretty much in the same place... at least in Greece there should be no arse tickets in it

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

was given that tip by herself,shes Italian...aye,youd think that would be in the stuff to know in the back of the tourist guides

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Haha can you imagine what the "honest guide for tourists to Dublin City Centre" would be like?

(I'm a Dub before anyone asks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

Probably something along the lines of “you can take a shït wherever you like, the entire city is considered a toilet bowl that would put trainspotting to shame”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

All I wanted to do last night was crawl into bed and pass out. My body instead went “F**k you! I’m gonna make you pass a thick viscous fudgenugget which will take at least 50 wipes before you achieve a barely acceptable level of anal cleanliness”. I still have ring sting this morning from all the wiping.

You were on a losing docket for sure there Sgt, best off to forget that and sit down on the side of the bath and employ the shower hose and a little soap, in no time you'd have a ring you could eat your dinner off.

The soft toothbrush is your man there. Just make sure it’s not yours and bobs yer uncle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I went on a pub crawl in Valencia about 10 years ago and was horrified at the facilities in their drinking establishments. One place had only "wild west saloon" gates to shield the user from intrusion - large gaps above and below and which could not be locked at all. In the next place my back load had suddenly liquified after eating partially cooked jumbo prawns earlier, and I rushed in, dropped trou and took my seat, only to find that the sliding door had a broken lock. Cue some Spanish lad opening it while I was in flagrante.

Ay caramba indeed.

• Advertisement

Filthy foringe kernts. Have they no sense of daycency atall atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Were you interrupted mid-wipe?

If so, it is a negative experience for both parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭easygoing39

So a case of multiply sh1ts,,,

Came home after work,plan was to murder the dinner and then hit the local before 5pm.Had the dinner,could feel a brown trout brewing but it was a no-show in the house jacks.F this I thought ,straight to the local,seat at the bar and chatting to the lads while Kempton and Dundalk was on the telly.After 2 pints the Sherriffs badge was twitching,so off to the bog to deposit 2 firm brown trout.HaNdy clean up and back to the bar to continue the drinking.About 90 mins later and the old rivet is feeling the pressure again,so into the jacks again and out I deposit 2" corn on the cob " sized sh1ts,another easy clean up on the Sheriffs badge.Have 2 more beers to bring the total up to 7 pints and head off home.Bang on the kettle for tea and Christ Jasus the brown rivet is under pressure again!! So up the stairs to old faithfull to log out,a watery mess is deposited into the bowl,the clean- up takes a load of paper,flush the jacks and go mussi islam on the old hoop,plenty of hand wash & warm water,scrubbed the rivet clean.All's good for about 90 mins,then lo and behold the bowels are twitching again,back to the household thrown and out come's a run of brown scutter,the ring-piece is now stinging like billy-e-oh and I've not even introduced the 3 ply to the ring.So I hover over the seat and as gently as I can wipe down the angry badge,then finish off the cleaning with more hand wash and hot water.Cant figure out where all this sh1te is coming from or why the rivet is now stinging after poo number 4,maybe I have the Covid?? One thing is for sure,after 4 cr4p's in 5 hours Im now empty inside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

I’d say it’s more the beer than the Covid, although I’m hearing the recent dose I got can cause the sh1ts, but can’t testify to that as I’ve no colon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

2 courses of anti biotics and steroids and I'm backed up like the M50 a rush hour.

No excitement really here.

Only thing worth mentioning was down at the club there was a bit of an incident at the AGM.

Apparently there was a contentious issue defeated in a heated debate and the members later found a serious log bunted into the piss trough.

Twas the size of a sod of turf one lad reported. One member under suspicion hasn’t been seen on the course since..

Otherwise all quiet.

I’d say with all the Lidl lager, Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies, Cutters Choice rolling tobacco and Bombay Mix you consume you haven’t had a proper shïte in years, pal.

Hoop on you like the emergency stop button on a car crusher.

Was not in attendance buddy, Blowing out gobbets of ripe peppery midden at regular intervals me.

Unlike yersel squeezing out horseshoes of Chorizo coloured foul smelling batons like a Parish Priest after a spell in Rome.

’Haway an fuhherke yersel ya gormless cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arthur Fent

Been there myself lately. 3 doses and a couple of nights in the hospital with some other goodies. Left the guts in an awful state. Only starting to get back to normal now. Bunted out two good textbook specimens earlier. Filled the heart with joy !

Advertisement