Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Keep telling yourself this.

Seriously the delusion in the minds of the proponents of the current system and the current policies is astounding.

Would they have been the same ones telling the naysayers back in 2004-2008 that there was no property bubble and besides Ireland was different?

I am once again one of the naysayers probably because I am a cynical and pessimistic old fecker who can see the writing on the wall.

Back in 2004/2005 I could see how lads building houses in small villages in the backend of nowhere and selling them for astronomical amounts as tax write off for Dublin landlords was not a viable model.

Watching people queue to buy overpriced shoeboxes without even any due diligence, fools buying property at property shows in far off places that the vendor couldn't even spell correctly (yes that did happen as I discovered ex building society dude from Cork selling property in Cape Verdi).

I couldn't understand it back then how come a lot of people were so blind to what was really happening.

And today I can't understand how come some people are equally as blind as they watch billions being spent on refugees/asylum seekers, how thousands of unknown young males are allowed into the country and then planted into small villages and towns throughout the country where there are no services, how one of our only indigenous industries has been decimated so that some accommodation providers can get a constant guaranteed revenue stream courtesy of Joe and Mary Smuck the taxpayers, how NGOs are allowed carte blanche soaking up hundreds of millions and driving policies that suit only them.

People like our poster here doesn't appear to be watching the wind sweeping across Europe.

Netherlands, Sweden, France, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Germany with either "right wing" governments or right wing parties riding high in the polls in comparison to 20 or even 15 years ago.

Is it that everyone is now a racist father?

Or is it perhaps that ordinary citizens and voters realise the old mainstream parties no longer represent them?

I remember interview with people in Calais where they elected right wing National Front politicians and put an end to the 4 decade long run by communists dominating.

They had enough and because none of the usuals were helping they turned to the right.

And eventually the same will happen here.

Post edited by jmayo on

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭moonage

Most people put the situation we find ourselves in down to the government's incompetence.

However, I think the government are just following orders from outside and are well aware of the consequences of their actions. They couldn't not be aware of the outcome of their policies and actions; they're not that stupid.

The goal is for Ireland to quickly catch up with other European countries' levels of multiculturalism in order to weaken the social cohesion of the nation state and cause destabilisation.

The government don't care for this country or its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Irish government look like clowns again, you can’t keep calling peoples valid concerns racist when the international press talk to them:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/irish-town-says-enough-is-enough-hotels-fill-with-asylum-seekers-2023-12-14/

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

As regards to those 90 'International Protection' (whatever the fock that means at this stage as that description is so diluted) going to a small town in south Donegal...

I honestly do not know how they could be absorbed eventually into the local towns there as there is literally no where to rent. Rent has gone extortionately priced, hello as a result of supply and demand in the last 2 years. Buying is the same.

I read an article during the week that Donegal has the lowest wages in the country. It is so so unfair to expect small communities and towns to have such a surge in population and not have any knock on effect.

I'm sick of this. How dare this government make decisions like this, they are not God and I did not choose to elect them into power. Shame on them for not having a back bone or not listening to the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

”Of the 12 women murdered in Ireland in 2022, five were killed by nonintegrated immigrants.”

“Of the remaining five female victims, Lisa CashMiriam Burns, and Sandra Boyd were allegedly killed by family “

“This leaves one murder of a woman in Ireland in 2022 that was allegedly committed by an unrelated Irish male. “

So the Irish media blamed Irish men for these cases. They have shown themselves to be yet again completely untrustworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

It's the same gutter journalism that the likes of Louise O'Neill was spewing a few years ago about rape culture in Ireland and that all Irish men were potential rapists (sic). Oh and who can forget the "Irish mother's teach your sons" campaign in the wake of the Aisling Murphy murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

What is all this exclamation that the government is going to pay a heavy price in the next election? I seen that quoted in the article about Waterford.

How's that going to happen? Is there really a way to vote a way out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

Well in a democracy, that's how things are supposed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It assumes that for a big chunk of the population, immigration is their No.1 issue and the thing they are going to base their general election vote on. It seems hard to believe when you see far more pressing matters like the housing crisis, healthcare, cost of living, energy bills etc.

And even if was somehow true, who would such people vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, it's so sad to see all these doctors and engineers jobless and homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yep, and if nobody steps forward proposing a clear alternative to current immigration policies ahead of the upcoming elections we have to conclude there isn't a widespread desire for such an alternative among the electorate.

No that's just your own conjecture. It can also mean that our "democracy" freezes out new parties and new ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The system is there for you and everybody elose to use it. If you don't like any of the items on the menu you, or others of a similar mind, need to get into the kitchen and rustle something up yourselves.

What we are witnessing, is that our 'democracy' is in reality, a type of Captured Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭toucheswood

There is no political choice in the matter of immigration.

It is foisted on us, and after the fact, you're told by the profiteers to shut up because...just because.

It's that simple.

To believe that this then means that mass migration is not the hottest topic in the country is mighty convenient. It means the opposite.

What that says in itself about the version of democracy at play in this country is up to the individual to decide. For myself, words like collusion, corruption, integrity and truth come to mind.

Take, for example number 341, this latest article on nursing home closures. A complete disgrace.

however it seems they forgot to mention the coincidental trend of these nursing homes seeking to be turned into refugee centres. How strange! How strange that they should forget.

Can't afford to operate as a nursing home, but can afford to be a refugee centre. Well, what a surprise.

So the elderly can get f^^ked, the young can get f^^ked, the average tax payer can get f^^ked, the future in general can get f^^ked, all because mass migration is a short term money spinner. Marvellous. Outstanding.

What is happening in this country is quite simply an outrage, and the utter dearth of political choice on the matter is a death knell for those larping as being representative of the country. Crooks and thieves.

The comeuppance has every right to be biblical for those supporting this society-destroying charade. And it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Gobsmacked totally Gobsmacked listening to drive time. 62 children gone missing in Ireland. Mostly IPAS looked after by tusla. No Gardai appeal for any of these children.

Should this country really be taking in IPAS, as we are just a rudderless ship when it comes to organising or regulation.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭toucheswood

A leaf should be taken out of this highly effective strategy, namely to do whatever you want done, and then apologise, or not, after the fact.

Move a million extra people into the country for profit without mandate, job done. Consequences? who cares, the job is done.

Arguing until the cows come home about how nothing can be done afterwards, this bit of legislation, that rule, this bit of paper, that precedent, that would be naughty etc. All after the fact.

Those same cretins have no issue and no hesitance in undermining society for profit. Well that apologise-later strategy works both ways, and there's a very good chance time will prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Not sure all is as it seems there. When they say 'children', this could relate to strapping young lads with no documentation claiming they are 16/17 and not toddlers that managed to crawl onto a plane with a ruck sack of nappies. Of course it didn't occur to drivetime to ask that question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'm sure there were fellas saying the same in Sweden 10 years ago n gloating about it.

I wonder if their cheerleading politicians n media heads back then are social pariahs nowadays - I wouldn't bet again it.

This is costing multiple children's hospitals every year for the foreseeable and bar 1 or 2 independent TDs and gript not one so called journalist or political representative are making a murmur about it.

Now anyone for another article about Enoch Burke? No- sod it , yer getting one anyway, look over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

Good post.

The damage, sadly, has been done.

The real consequences of the damage are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Surely if Tusla is involved they would be minors, no.

The government do not know who is coming into the country so no real surprises that they Don't care where they end up or what becomes of them. As long as the numbers look good for a pat on the back from the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There is no way of voting our way out of this mess as, afaik, every political party supports all the immigrant arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

No nursing homes but billions to throw at migrants. That's the black and white of it. You can live in denial but when you need to use one of our creaking services you'll realise how much of a sham this whole thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

Numbers of tourists at mayo attractions halved this summer. As tourist attractions, cafes and pubs close as a result does tourism go into a death spiral not a downward spiral?!

https://www.mayonews.ie/news/home/1371124/greenway-and-croagh-patrick-visitor-numbers-plummet.html

Cllr Hyland told The Mayo News that a ‘downward spiral’ in tourism was occurring because of a lack of tourist accommodation in West Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Not sure what age Tusla disengage tbh - What I do know however is - personally, I'd be more scared of Tulsa than a fire fight in downtown Mogadishu

I knew I had seen some of this craic before

The council expressed “deep concern” at the cases of four unaccompanied children who it said had been forced to rough sleep for as long as six weeks, after being assessed as ineligible for state childcare services, due to uncertainty over their age and whether they were children.

from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Would that be the disinformation that we’ve been told to be wary of then? Perhaps Anna knows 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭riddles

Well in fairness when so many have arrived undocumented. No identity cards - no address registration . How on earth could they account for peoples movements?

Post edited by riddles on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Even if there were, say, two right wing or anti-immigration parties around the size of the Soc Dems or Labour, they would still face difficulties, as they would only be a minority party even if they managed to get into government. Ireland and its political system is just not set up to have a right wing or hard right Taoiseach. Countries in Europe who currently have right wing or 'far' right PMs have a much stronger tradition and history of right wing politics and politicians.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement