Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Richie has managed Carrickshock for the last 3 years so not as if he has no experience whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭blackcard

I doubt you will see Joey Holden or Colin Fennelly playing again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

A group of players tried to oust him this time last year & they barely survived intermediate then this year only O'Loughlin's were a tad worse, kinda strange Shamrocks would then come calling when you'd think they'd have their pick of coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Jp is like santy came early. Would we have 100 clubs between the 3 codes

A club like MUCKALEE could get close to €30000

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Neewollah

38 hurling clubs and 3 football specific clubs. Not sure where we're at numbers wise with Camogie but not all clubs have a team

• Advertisement

33 camogie

10lgfa

41 gaa clubs

Anyone who caters for everyone will receive over 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

U are never to far wrong, I've been told it's not happening now

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭davidx40

How many clubs between the codes are in kk for JPs money to be divided among

Ita looking like 84 individual payment's

Each will receive under 12k

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Galestorm1

Ye assume the county board don't take a massive chunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

They are not allowed to

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Marrooned

The right thing to do with the million from JP would be with the agreement of all concerned to buy a large tract of land to develop into a Hugh centre of excellence we could all be proud of and all share together. But I don’t know if this would come under the rules set out to receive the money.

He has criteria that has to be followed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

OLG and Tullogher both struggled at the start of their respective games in the first half. Tullogher have got a 3 point lead by the half OLG are trailing but will have the wind to take long range points from the half backline.

Ttown the only team bucking the trend their well ahead with 10 gone mins gone at the start of the game.

I don't understand why OLG aren't going for long range points with the wind at their back

Well done to OLG and Tullogher. OLG had a huge fight on their hands and finished well in the end. Tullogher had it all their own way in the second half as are T town. Just the Boro girls to go today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

****. That. That money is for the clubs and for the benefit of everyone, not just the elite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Huge last 10 minutes from the Boro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Brilliant display and win for the Boro. Well deserved victory.

What a day for Kilkenny. Four wins out of four. O'Loughlins, Thomastown, Tullogher and Dicksboro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

I’ve unbelievable respect for the Antrim senior hurling teams and even Slaughtneil hurlers in Derry.

The level of hurling they can get themselves up there is phenomenal.

That first 15 mins of hurling from Cushendall today was as crisp and sharp a hurling I’ve seen from a club team.

OLG though came back brilliantly and I thought Luke Hogan was very good along with Jordan Molloy.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hogans heroes

Great day for all 4 Kilkenny teams today.special mention to dicksboro have been relentless all year.great team and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Neewollah

Well done to all Kilkenny teams. Fantastic to see the club scene so strong after a few years off the mark outside of Ballyhale.

Special mention to Dicksboro Camogie. One of the best camogie games I ever watched and the drive, determination and fitness from them was incredible...as well as lots of skill of course.

I was just stating that multi pitches Would be beneficial to all and include pitches for all the different sports under the GAA in Kilkenny with other facilities like gyms floodlights, all weather etc. on another note congratulations to all four KK teams this weekend and especially to the Boro on securing an all Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well done to the four teams. What a fantastic day for those clubs and Kilkenny GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Well done to the 4 teams yesterday, I think sometimes we take it for granted a little but to have 3 teams looking forward to an All Ireland final in January and Dicksboro winning the AI yesterday it's a great achievement!

After the slow start yesterday it looked like O'Loughlins were in big trouble but in fairness to them after the 15th minute they were probably the better team, I thought when they were struggling in the first half Conor Heary, Jordan Molloy and Luke Hogan were excellent, Deegan, Lawlor and Butler really came into the game in the second half also and Mark Bergin was excellent again throughout.

Congrats to the Boro on a great win last night, when they went 2 points down with 10/15 minutes left they looked in trouble but they really took over in the last 10 minutes and were excellent, I thought Aoife Prendergast, Ciara O'Shea, Amy Clifford and the wing back number 5, whos name escapes me, were excellent for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hogans heroes

Niamh phelan was at 5,

The under 21 county final, Dicksboro v Thomastown, is fixed for Larchfield on Saturday next! Not the best of venues to accommodate a sizeable crowd or to view the match. Surely there are better venues to consider. Poor form from County Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Village87

• Advertisement

Have to agree with that grats disgraceful really, lack of respect for a great competition.

Advertisement