Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

What exactly are Kira and the women at in the Community center? Are they giving away free cloths and would a hair salon, really be able to give away free haircuts/make-overs? without going bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Are sick days and Holiday pay standard in the hairdressing profession or is Dolly actually the exception to the rule? I wonder does she have that and pension plans for her employees across all her businesses 🤔.

It's a pity Orla and Paul were split up so quickly.

So funny Kira telling Orla not to be a bunny boiler. Didn't she do something similar last year to make sure Melanie had zero chance of getting back with Mondo? I distinctly remember her sending a bitchy text from Melanie's phone about what a soft touch Mondo and Ray were to be helping her with a car and then Mondo refused to speak to Melanie for an episode and suddenly they were friends again with no explanation. I presume something similar will happen here and Damo and Orla will be drinking in McCoys or chatting in spar like nothing happened after a stint in the holding shed

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Omg this orla and damo story is insane. Has orla got a bang to the head or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe its his Onslow walk and chequered shirt that does it for Orla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,170 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Orla never seemed desperate with men, she always landed them now gone nut job bunny boiler over Damo, totally unbelievable

I hope James cleans out Hayley and takes all the raffle money, I doubt any free apartment will be given out

Does Hayley not find it strange James was offering her money to get back Carol, who btw needs out of the shed to get back to her kidnapping storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Why does Erica need an evening and weekend babysitter - could Doug and Pete not mind the child at weekends and evenings? Erica appears brainless most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Does Nora still run the Helping Hand? If soo, why hasn't she come down hard on Kira's effort to steal her business by effectively setting up a mini version in the foyer of the Community Center.

It looks very cramped and uncomfortable in the foyer of the community center, they are blocking through traffic and in the real world it would be an insurance nightmare. If they really want to set up a 2nd Helping Hand would they not have put that junk upstairs in a different room

The answers to my questions are

1. They have probably lost the original Helping Hand set...and wanted a location for random meet ups and a festive feeling

2. They don't have an upstairs set for the Community Center... soo had to use the foyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Doug manages to find time at lunch to go to see fairy lights. Must look great in broad daylight wherever they are. And has time to do that when Ray is off and protesting across the road. Garage must be swamped 🙄

And making out that paying 1500 between 3 working people is a huge deal is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It was weird she agreed to move back in their after her issues with Pete and living their the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

what was the nonsense with the management fee for the house they were talking about a few weeks ago - 400€ per month; they seem to have forgotten about that.

the only items in that changing bag Doug had was Nono's tracksuit. No nappies, bottles, wipes etc.

Does Pete not realise he'll be found out, taking Mairead's drugs supposedly on Erika's behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Given that in every scene in that house we see them either discussing getting or carrying a takeaway, talking about going out for a meal or a drink - its literally every scene. Its a complete contradiction to have them then moaning about paying the rent. They also have free babysitting from Sharon.

I get that they are meant to be a young couple struggling financially to buy a house but the writers need to make it a bit more realistic - you cant have people going out all the time and living on takeaways as struggling financially.

I also remember Pete offering them that house to live in free before they had No-No and Erica refused it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

I thought I had switched on an episode of Brookside circa 1984 with Ray and his fellow protesters, seriously hardened looking extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The non speaking extra traffic warden guy with Babs 😂😂😂

Why are Doug & Erica struggling soo much financially, now? Didn't they pay even more rent when they lived with Sharon?

The Christmas Day special will probably be Babs clamping a car.

Melanie is looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Alex was in the shed so long he's evolved

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Who would be this years Xmas special scrooge? Delores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Stripeyman

If I was Babs I'd have given Bosco 2 tickets straight away for all his sneering.

If Alex is out of the holding shed that probably means Zoe isn't far behind.

Claire the solicitor seems a bit too snooty to managing property for Joan.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Someone gave Babs pro real world tips for clamping cars, always check the tax disc first to determine if it's an illegally or just 'badly' parked car😂

Sharon and Alex looked like they got perms

Was Babs parked in a bus lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Does Wayne have anymore contact with Junior, Dolores could have taken him with her to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

I thought Wayne was in Germany, FC seemed to imply Dolly was going somewhere hot.

Is she actually going away or does she just want to be alone over Christmas? That story was done before, or might have been Corrie?

I'm still curious about clampers and parking wardens targets. Surely their target is to reduce bad parking? No idea if they have targets. She's all high and mighty about parking and litter but was perfectly happy to con poor Greg. She's a right wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yes I thought Wayne was in Germany too. The new girlfriend is in for a shock when dolly lands on the doorstep.

Does Pete not own half the house? Surely he'd only need to pay half the rent then?

Yea i think Melanie gets even more mean to Hughie next wk. I wonder will it be a scenario where they have a massive row then fall into each others arms, madly in love married by new year?

Advertisement